Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What turbo on 2009 Lancer Ralliart???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What turbo on 2009 Lancer Ralliart???

Anybody know what turbocharger is on the 2009 Lancer Ralliart??
It's "detuned" (but still with 4B11 engine) compared to the EVOX??
Maybe Mitsubishi got sneaky and fitted a TD04?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:39 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll try to find out when I hit up the autoshow. I'm going either tomorrow afternoon or this weekend. I doubt I'll have much luck, though. The show workers aren't usually too knowledgable, since they're usually just hired help that received a 30 minute crash course on the products.

I doubt I'll be able to get close enough to the car to stick a camera down into the engine bay to get a peek of the turbo.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

^ call in a bomb scare and when everyone is evacuated get a bomb squad uniform on and say the bomb could possibly be hidden in the RA so the have to pully the whole thing apart and then we can know everything about her
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stEVOx
^ call in a bomb scare and when everyone is evacuated get a bomb squad uniform on and say the bomb could possibly be hidden in the RA so the have to pully the whole thing apart and then we can know everything about her
This might actually be crazy enough to work!

BRB!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by otter
I'll try to find out when I hit up the autoshow. I'm going either tomorrow afternoon or this weekend. I doubt I'll have much luck, though. The show workers aren't usually too knowledgable, since they're usually just hired help that received a 30 minute crash course on the products.

I doubt I'll be able to get close enough to the car to stick a camera down into the engine bay to get a peek of the turbo.

Yes I guess almost impossible to see the turbo, like at the show I mean
Maybe they might have a display engine on a stand???

When does the car go on sale in the US?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

When you go, can you try and spot any evidence of the rear seats folding or not?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:35 AM
Account Disabled

Question

Originally Posted by gtpumps
When does the car go on sale in the US?
+1
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
+1
i heard sometime around summer
Old Jan 17, 2008, 06:39 AM
EvoM Administrator

Well, I can't go today, I didn't realize that the press/industry days aren't over yet Looks like I'll be going Sunday morning. Don't worry guys, I'll take tons of pictures from every angle I can get at. Since the car's on a turntable, I'll be limited (no engine bay shots), but if it's the same turntable they've used in the past, I'll be able to get a few underbody shots, though seeing into the interior may be more difficult. I'll ask the model/hired help to open the rear door for me.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I can't go today, I didn't realize that the press/industry days aren't over yet Looks like I'll be going Sunday morning. Don't worry guys, I'll take tons of pictures from every angle I can get at. Since the car's on a turntable, I'll be limited (no engine bay shots), but if it's the same turntable they've used in the past, I'll be able to get a few underbody shots, though seeing into the interior may be more difficult. I'll ask the model/hired help to open the rear door for me.
tell them you're a current mitsu ralliart owner and want to see the new one. they may let you on the platform for pics/open the hood for you...or if you're real lucky, let you sit in it, etc...

it doesn't hurt to try, but i hear this has worked in the past
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:41 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by madfast
tell them you're a current mitsu ralliart owner and want to see the new one. they may let you on the platform for pics/open the hood for you...or if you're real lucky, let you sit in it, etc...

it doesn't hurt to try, but i hear this has worked in the past
I'll certainly try. They tend to be less willing when it comes to moving displays.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

I really would like to see if they changed the back seats at all/ interior style try and grab a some pics if u can TY
Old Jan 20, 2008, 09:00 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Oh otter.... have i ever told you i love you? I wouldn't upload pictures unless you want oh sweet lovings! J/K upload em!