Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Not sure if this is true!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2008, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aestival
It's true, the paddle shifters don't rotate on the Evo, either. Something to do with how really high-end sports cars work (no rotating paddles on them either).
WRC cars' paddles dont rotate with the wheel either, juts FYI. lol.

Greg
Old Mar 1, 2008, 08:20 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The point of having paddles not rotate is so that you always know exactly where they are without looking.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by otter
The point of having paddles not rotate is so that you always know exactly where they are without looking.

good point, although, if it were 5 spd, youd always know where the shifter was without looking so that solves that. lol. still have my fingers crossed that this car has a manual tranny option.

Greg
Old Mar 1, 2008, 08:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RotaryGreg
good point, although, if it were 5 spd, youd always know where the shifter was without looking so that solves that. lol. still have my fingers crossed that this car has a manual tranny option.

Greg
If a manual tranny shaves off of the price tag that will always help too!
Old Mar 1, 2008, 08:49 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
We've heard from too many very reliable sources that there will definitely not be a manual option.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by austenm
I believe there is a galant fortis gsx which is probably what your friend has??? I believe it is awd + turbo.Good pics wickdaddy!
The Galant Fortis comes in Sport, Super Exceed, and Exceed. Well in Japan anyways. They all boast 4wd

I don't think they have the Ralliart in Japan yet though..
Old Mar 2, 2008, 09:47 PM

We've heard from too many very reliable sources that there will definitely not be a manual option.
really? that shatters my whole world. i thought this was all just rumor and virtually no real definite one way or the other...maybe i should just give in a buy a GTS then...

Greg
Old Mar 3, 2008, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

What are these reliable sources. Unless one of them are Mitsubishi them selves. I don't think their only option will be SST.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 04:51 AM

Why not? If you want a manual you could buy the EvoX GSR. If you want SST and a daily driver with comfort and little more power and aren't willing to spend ****load of money, get the RA.

I believe that they use RA to bring the SST to markets. In couple of years you see it as an option, taking over the CVT gearboxes in any Mitsubishi.

Last edited by Donitsi; Mar 4, 2008 at 04:54 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

I was at the dealer the other day looking at the Evo and spent some time talking with the salesman. He told me he was waiting for the RA and show me a booklet with some info and the SST transmission was listed under options. I asked him and he asked the manager and they both told me that the 5sp was standard and the SST was an option.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Donitsi
Why not? If you want a manual you could buy the EvoX GSR. If you want SST and a daily driver with comfort and little more power and aren't willing to spend ****load of money, get the RA.

I believe that they use RA to bring the SST to markets. In couple of years you see it as an option, taking over the CVT gearboxes in any Mitsubishi.
Why should we spend almost 10k more just to get a manual???? Kinda a stupid suggestion seeing as how manuals should be cheaper!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Na i still dont believe that Mitsu is gonna make a Lancer that is not a 5 spd I really dont see Mitsu goin this route. the 1st RA that is comin out is to show off the SST but i say give it a year and u will see a 5 spd in the RA or u never know the 5 spd might come out with the SST I dont know this is what im hoping
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BABYEVO1
Na i still dont believe that Mitsu is gonna make a Lancer that is not a 5 spd I really dont see Mitsu goin this route. the 1st RA that is comin out is to show off the SST but i say give it a year and u will see a 5 spd in the RA or u never know the 5 spd might come out with the SST I dont know this is what im hoping
I agree -- so long as there's a market, they'll make the car. However, I wouldn't expect to see that car in smaller markets, and I think the SST will be a hit among the mainstream Ralliart market: people who aren't going to do much more to their cars than drive them.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 02:36 AM
Evolved Member

off topic for a sec since they are also releasing the sports back in NA i wonder if its gonna be a GTS type of car or they gonna have the RA drivetrain
Old Apr 1, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matute
I was at the dealer the other day looking at the Evo and spent some time talking with the salesman. He told me he was waiting for the RA and show me a booklet with some info and the SST transmission was listed under options. I asked him and he asked the manager and they both told me that the 5sp was standard and the SST was an option.
I REALLY hope this is true (dealers are traditionally very unreliable with these things).

Quick Reply: Not sure if this is true!