Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Deposit on '09 RA's??

Old Mar 16, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SERIOUS WEAPON
Mitsubishi is really irritating me. I have to have this car immediately. I've been checking this board and googling the crap out of this car to see when it will be released. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Mr. Shahul, any eta's yet? Also, have you shipped any cars to Socal?

Thanks.
Boy, are you about to be disappointed -- by all accounts, the Ralliart's a minimum of three months away.

There are plenty of pretty obvious clues that we're in for a wait: the fact that Mitsubishi has only recently posted prices for 2008 Lancer Evolutions on their main consumer website, and that they still haven't posted any prices there for the ordinary 2009 Lancers (even though they've been on the dealer order sheets for some time, even up here in Canada).
Old Mar 17, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aestival

I'm not an idiot -- I have a contract with terms, including a deliver-by date of the end of November. Hopefully they'll be out by November. People aren't lawsuit-happy up here like in the US, so when you go to court over a broken contract, they tend to listen -- ditto with hauling someone out over writing bad cheques (checks): up here it's really easy to get the police involved. Best part -- in Canada when you win a lawsuit, the other side pays your legal costs.

Our courts are just as happy to enforce a contract here. But what do you think you'll get in Canada if you're dealer backs out? There not going to make them give you the car you wanted, since that would an extraordinary remedy even in Canada, I imagine. They make them give you your money damages, right? How much will that be? The additional cost of buying the car you contracted for somewhere else. I suppose the threat of having to pay for both sides lawyer's might be enough to make them stick to the contract, though. It's a great policy unless you're a little guy on the losing end of a case somebody else brought for reasons other than simply seeing justice done.

Last edited by desperado-c; Mar 17, 2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:31 PM

Boy, are you about to be disappointed -- by all accounts, the Ralliart's a minimum of three months away...
*Sigh... Buzzkill.

So you're saying June? Early or late?

Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

*Sigh... Buzzkill.

So you're saying June? Early or late?

Thanks.
All I know for sure is that we won't be getting one here (in my city, in Canada) until at least mid-April + 3 months = mid-July.

Since they apparently aren't taking orders anywhere yet, seems likely to be after July 1, which is what they have been saying in Australia all along (the third quarter). When companies say "the third quarter", they usually mean somewhere from the end of that quarter to sometime early the next year.

To sum it up, there's no way to know, but mark off the next three months or so as not possible, and try to find a salesperson you trust to tell you when they see the Ralliart show up for ordering/distribution, which is often about the same time that prices are released in a press release (so you could look for Ralliart pricing to appear, though that's less reliable than distribution channels).
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:00 PM

All I know for sure is that we won't be getting one here (in my city, in Canada) until at least mid-April + 3 months = mid-July.

Since they apparently aren't taking orders anywhere yet, seems likely to be after July 1, which is what they have been saying in Australia all along (the third quarter). When companies say "the third quarter", they usually mean somewhere from the end of that quarter to sometime early the next year.

To sum it up, there's no way to know, but mark off the next three months or so as not possible, and try to find a salesperson you trust to tell you when they see the Ralliart show up for ordering/distribution, which is often about the same time that prices are released in a press release (so you could look for Ralliart pricing to appear, though that's less reliable than distribution channels).
Man I've pre-ordered video games, waited for movies to come out, but NEVER have I waited for a car to come out!

(I guess its because I've never been in the realm of actually being able to purchase one)

But seriously if it was available now, I'd buy one yesterday. My car is falling apart, and I don't even know if it will make it til' July. Maybe it will hit FL right on my birthday July 10th! Mark my words as soon as this car hits O-town I'll be hitting up the dealer who will sell one at MSRP, and I'll keep ya'll updated as the release slowly approaches
Old Mar 19, 2008, 07:49 PM

I stopped at South Coast Mitsu on Tues. I believe we(U.S.) will be getting the RA within a month to month and a half, per the GSM.

The best part about this news is that South Coast will be selling them at invoice.

Stoked.

p.s.
Any folks in the market for the GSR, they're also selling those rockets at invoice as well.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 07:51 PM

p.s.
Not sure if you folks got to see this, google alerts, it's a beautiful thing.

http://sev.prnewswire.com/auto/20080...8032008-1.html
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Suppy7
Man I've pre-ordered video games, waited for movies to come out, but NEVER have I waited for a car to come out!

(I guess its because I've never been in the realm of actually being able to purchase one)

But seriously if it was available now, I'd buy one yesterday. My car is falling apart, and I don't even know if it will make it til' July. Maybe it will hit FL right on my birthday July 10th! Mark my words as soon as this car hits O-town I'll be hitting up the dealer who will sell one at MSRP, and I'll keep ya'll updated as the release slowly approaches
I eventually gave up on the Ford Focus SVT way back in 2000-2001 -- I think it eventually came out early in 2002, but by then I had moved on. This time (with the Ralliart), I'm settling in for a long wait, and at least Mitsubishi hasn't promised anything yet (Ford did, and then they kept revising the dates until they lost all meaning).
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

I stopped at South Coast Mitsu on Tues. I believe we(U.S.) will be getting the RA within a month to month and a half, per the GSM.

The best part about this news is that South Coast will be selling them at invoice.

Stoked.

p.s.
Any folks in the market for the GSR, they're also selling those rockets at invoice as well.
Make sure that the dealer actually knows what the Ralliart is -- a lot of Mitsubishi dealers seems to confuse it with the Evo GSR or Evo MR -- not sure how; maybe that's some defence mechanism salespeople develop for when they have no idea what they're talking about.

Hope the GSM's right, though -- that would be excellent news if it's true.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Make sure that the dealer actually knows what the Ralliart is -- a lot of Mitsubishi dealers seems to confuse it with the Evo GSR or Evo MR -- not sure how; maybe that's some defence mechanism salespeople develop for when they have no idea what they're talking about.

Are you kidding? That's just salesman BS x 2. Maybe b/c he's the GSM gets to put out twice as much BS as regular salesman. Read the press release on the sales date for the US: Summer '08. My guess is that means late Summer for Canada and mid-Fall for the US.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 04:30 PM

Agreed, most auto sales people don't know their **** from their elbow, however, the fellas that I encountered at SCM, seem like "Car guys".

The other Mitsu dealers that I have visited were trying to push the 09 GTS (2.4) on me but the SC guys were basically telling me not to bother, they were dying to have the RA's on the lot as well.

If you have fellas have the time, hit SCM up. I spoke with Trevor and Greg.

But I have to have this car ASAP, I'm so sick of the Si.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by desperado-c
Are you kidding? That's just salesman BS x 2. Maybe b/c he's the GSM gets to put out twice as much BS as regular salesman. Read the press release on the sales date for the US: Summer '08. My guess is that means late Summer for Canada and mid-Fall for the US.
Aww c'mon man, keep hope alive!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 04:46 PM

Agreed, most auto sales people don't know their **** from their elbow, however, the fellas that I encountered at SCM, seem like "Car guys".

The other Mitsu dealers that I have visited were trying to push the 09 GTS (2.4) on me but the SC guys were basically telling me not to bother, they were dying to have the RA's on the lot as well.

If you have fellas have the time, hit SCM up. I spoke with Trevor and Greg.

But I have to have this car ASAP, I'm so sick of the Si.
wow I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the Si a while back then!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Aww c'mon man, keep hope alive!
Someone on the Evo X thread is recommending them, so maybe they are car guys. But every salesman has to state everything optimistically to keep you from spitting out their hook and getting on some other BS'ing salesman's hook. They'll be out with the other 09's next Fall.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:04 PM

I think they'll roll some sweet deals, I think they're selling the 09 GTS at $500 under invoice.

I believe they're definitely a "Volume" store.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deposit on '09 RA's??