Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Differences b/t RA and Evo X & GTS?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2008, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EzeE1o
after seeing this pic of the (canadian) back seat, im not sure if it folds...it doesnt look like it is split 60/40....i also dont know what a GTS seat looks like
That looks a lot like the three-headrest back seat of the 2008 GTS, and is not at all the same as the two-headrest 2008 Evolution that I have seen. Not sure what the 2009's look like.

If it's like the 2008 GTS, then the middle head rest is on a different support than the other two, and it looks a bit more stubby -- which is exactly what I see in the photo of the Canadian Ralliart's back headrests (different covering, same configuration).
Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

after seeing this pic of the (canadian) back seat, im not sure if it folds...it doesnt look like it is split 60/40....i also dont know what a GTS seat looks like
Interestingly, folding 60-40 split seats are listed as an option in the attached list of features.
Attached Files
Old Mar 15, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

where's everybody sourcing these pdfs from?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hibby
where's everybody sourcing these pdfs from?
I thought I got it from somewhere on this forum last week after a Google search, but it turns out that it was here:

http://www.evomn.net/forums/viewtopi...=ralliart+2009

Post #6. In case the link goes away, here's the last of the pdf's.

Do you think that the reference to "6 Speed Twin-Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission (TC-SST) with Sport Mode" in the attached "What's New" doc means no Super-Sport in the RA?
Attached Files

Last edited by desperado-c; Mar 16, 2008 at 05:04 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by desperado-c
Do you think that the reference to "6 Speed Twin-Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission (TC-SST) with Sport Mode" in the attached "What's New" doc means no Super-Sport in the RA?
Mitsubishi has already said as much in a press release (they clearly left out super-sport mode):

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...59056&mime=ASC
Old Mar 16, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aestival
Mitsubishi has already said as much in a press release (they clearly left out super-sport mode):

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...59056&mime=ASC
I suppose "clearly leaving out" out S-Sport could be saying it's not included, or it could be subsumed under "Sport". But it's looking more and more to me like the RA is gonna be aimed at people like you, who are perfectly happy with a 14.7 lb/hp ratio. That's just not enough juice for me. But maybe the aftermarket will come to the rescue despite the added complexity of the SST.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by desperado-c
I suppose "clearly leaving out" out S-Sport could be saying it's not included, or it could be subsumed under "Sport". But it's looking more and more to me like the RA is gonna be aimed at people like you, who are perfectly happy with a 14.7 lb/hp ratio. That's just not enough juice for me. But maybe the aftermarket will come to the rescue despite the added complexity of the SST.
Hey, who said I plan to spend all my time driving the Ralliart in automatic -- sure I'll drive the ten minutes to work that way, since it will normally be rush hour (I live in a fairly small city, but still), but I'm absolutely not going to care about automatic modes on the highway or anywhere else where traffic's light.

I realize the super-sport mode would be better for racing to win (as opposed to racing for fun), because it's slightly faster than manual shifting, but really now, how many prospective Ralliart owners do you see buying the car for hard-nosed competitive racing? That's not boring, that's just reality.

I expect most Ralliart drivers will shift manually whenever they get the chance, so the automatic modes (normal and sport) won't enter into the equation -- I'm not even sure I'll ever use sport mode, and I'm absolutely sure I'd never want or need super-sport mode.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aestival
I expect most Ralliart drivers will shift manually whenever they get the chance, so the automatic modes (normal and sport) won't enter into the equation -- I'm not even sure I'll ever use sport mode, and I'm absolutely sure I'd never want or need super-sport mode.
I want the launch mode. There's nothing like an AWD launch. Don't have to do it often, but I want to be able to do it.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hibby
No standard Recaros for America. Optional as part of an audio/HIDs/seats package.
(sorry -- lifted this from another forum to here, where it isn't so off-topic)

Apparently they'll be standard in Canada -- my best guess is that the Recaro package will define the base, while the Navigation package will be the option package, assuming it's available (the Toronto show info certainly suggests it will be). Hopefully this will lead to small kindness on the part of Mitsubishi to Canadians, and the Ralliart with Recaros will be priced about the same as the WRX. As you can see below, Subaru and Mitsubishi both allow a fair spread in prices, though neither is as bad as the 40-50% markups of some other manufacturers -- the two dollars are virtually at par, so they can be compared directly:

Subaru WRX (Canada): $32,995
Subaru WRX (US): $24,350 (26% cheaper)

Lancer Evolution GSR (Canada): $41,498
Lancer Evolution GSR (US): $33,640 (19% cheaper)

Notice how both manufacturers still treat us like gullible fools up here (maybe we are?) by ending prices in 995 and 498, like we can't round up! Anyway, the lower margin for Mitsubishi is why I'm buying one of their cars -- figure they deserve my business for fair pricing.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for all the pdf's.....looks like the folding seats is an option, weird

and good that the sunroof is separated from the HID and recaro's (though i can live w/o the upgraded stereo)

now this thing just needs a MT for mitsu to get my $
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for all the pdf's.....looks like the folding seats is an option, weird
I noticed that too. What makes it even weirder is that it's listed as being part of a package but "60/40 folding rear seats" is not shown under any of the package descriptions. I have a sinking feeling that for some reason, the Recaro seat package actually deletes the folding rear seats.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, this is going to be a nice lil car for the money! My gf just loves the GTS, the new RA will def be perfect for her. AWD and a much better engine plus all the goodies she liked (nav, sunroof etc) avail from the GTS.

SQ