Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

TRADE IN MY 08 lancer for the 09 raliart

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2008, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TRADE IN MY 08 lancer for the 09 raliart

Would you think trading in my 08 lancer gts for the raliart would be a good idea. The raliart is pretty much the same exact thing as the evo just detuned a little and without AYC and SAWD and i hear its only goin to around 25k. i boutght my gts for 20.5 k. any feedback would be great.

thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by guitardudemattj
Would you think trading in my 08 lancer gts for the raliart would be a good idea. The raliart is pretty much the same exact thing as the evo just detuned a little and without AYC and SAWD and i hear its only goin to around 25k. i boutght my gts for 20.5 k. any feedback would be great.

thanks!
Youre gonna loose youre ***
Old Mar 21, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah you should have waited. You will get raped.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

You could always try a private sale and sell for what you currently own. A trade in for you shouldn't be on option unless you are willing to take a huge hit.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do it if you can afford it, 'cuz you'll have a lot more fun... but as Pr3z said, "you will get raped."
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
since its your money, i say go for it but the best idea would have been to wait b/c you will lose on the trade and if you sell i privately you still might owe depending on your interest rate and what someone will pay for a used gts. if you still owe a lot on it ppl would just rather go to the dealer and spend a little more for a new one. but you never know, theres plenty of suckers out there you just have to find the right one.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

No matter what you drive (as long as there's a monthly payment involved) you always loose! I'm trading my GTS in for the GSR, yeah I'm going to loose but I lost on my 94 split-port swap Mustang, 99 Cougar, 05 OZ Lancer and now the X. It's a give or take situation and they'll turn a profit on the GTS no matter what they give you for it! I'm looking at 650 per month, I', paying 522 for the GTS, go figure...
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:48 AM

It depends what you owe still vs. what the car is still worth. If you're not taking that much of a hit, go for it. But if its highway robbery I'd say no. Make sure your new APR is lower than the one you're paying now, and don't take nothing lower than trade-in value for it.

Have you considered selling it for somewhat cheap and new owner take over payments? It's always best to have cash in hand for a new down for that new car.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

lancer owners get raped when they try to cell cause demand is so low for lancers not even the dealers want to take them back.. its sad..
Old Mar 21, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
lancer owners get raped when they try to cell cause demand is so low for lancers not even the dealers want to take them back.. its sad..
You spend a lot of time on the phone huh?
Old Mar 21, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

thanks!
Never buy a car you're not willing to drive for the length of the warranty... unless you're fond of throwing money around -- if you couldn't afford a 2008 Evo to begin with, then why are you willing to spend just as much for a 2009 Ralliart? -- because that's what your buy-sell-buy strategy works out to (since you're presumably looking at about $13-14k for your used 2008 Lancer, you'd end up out about $32k for a base Ralliart by trading up from a less-than-one-year old Lancer!)
Old Mar 23, 2008, 01:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No matter what you do you will lose your *** but it is better to pay as much over your minimum now instead of waiting to trade it in, atleast you'll decrease the size of the boot that's gonna get stuck up your ***. In the long run it will make it easier to finance the new car on a trade. Just remember, you're still gonna lose but this might just make things easier in the long run.

I'm going to try this myself to see if it makes any difference, if not then oh well. Atleast I'll have my car paid down sooner which means I could afford a used evo as a weekend toy. When the time comes you should really sit down and weigh your options and see if you are making the right choice in the long run.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

just try and get a good deal at the dealer you bought the gts from
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

you will be upside down on your trade unless you paid over 50 percent down payment
Old Mar 26, 2008, 07:01 PM

thanks!
Its not exactly the same as the evo, yes, it is the same engine but detuned and a less advanced AWD system. But, everything else is just regular lancer guts, theres no extra bracing and all the gazillion extra welds the evo gets, the suspension will be a lot less detuned, oh and of course no fender flares with wide stance.

Quick Reply: TRADE IN MY 08 lancer for the 09 raliart