Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ASC Off

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hollywood_X
Cars are like women, buy one that looks good then figure out the internals. Once you do that trade it in for the newer model
hahaha, If I could only go through cars like I go through women!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stink Star
im just saying if you dont know that asc is active stability control then why are you buying this type of vehicle? the regular lancer may be the car for you.... To me, the only type of people that should be buying this vehicle are the kind of people who understand the technology that is contained within it
OK... he asked what the ASC off switch does (and confused traction and stability control a bit). I'm pretty sure that I know exactly what ASC is, and it still took me a fair bit of looking through the damn manual to figure out that I had to hold down the switch for a few seconds. I mean, it's not immediately obvious that there is a dashboard indicator showing ASC off, especially when the switch doesn't seem to be working (which is the perspective before you know to hold it down for a few seconds).

By the way, for those of you who live where it snows -- turning ASC off can be a real godsend if you find your Ralliart seemingly stuck in slush, because otherwise the stability control can prevent you from moving (too much wheel spin and uncontrolled turning for its liking). Just remember to turn it back on once you're free.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

im just saying if you dont know that asc is active stability control then why are you buying this type of vehicle? the regular lancer may be the car for you.... To me, the only type of people that should be buying this vehicle are the kind of people who understand the technology that is contained within it

Dude, even a Acura TSX which is not a performance car has ASC. We are here to help the other people on their shortcomings that's why they created the forums!

Originally Posted by hollywood_X
Cars are like women, buy one that looks good then figure out the internals. Once you do that trade it in for the newer model
+1 to that
Old Feb 22, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by laksman91
I believe ASC is the traction control and stability mechanisms. If i press the button "ASC Off" will there be any indications of the switch? Because when i press it, nothing happens
Sounds like someone wants to some AWD doughnuts .
--
Been answered, but however, hold it down for a couple seconds and it should turn off.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by stockgts09
We are here to help the other people on their shortcomings that's why they created the forums!

shortcomings such as illiteracy, because the manual clearly states all functions of the car and what the buttons within it control. What baffles me is how somebody could spend ~$25,000 and not even know how to use the product they bought, even though they have the information they are looking for supplied with it. If he was asking a question about modifications then yes... asking forums is the way to go because it is not something you can just pick up and read when you buy the car, and peoples experience with the matter is most helpful.... but not knowing simple and basic functions, when they are clearly explained in the manual is just pure laziness/ignorance.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

shortcomings such as illiteracy, because the manual clearly states all functions of the car and what the buttons within it control. What baffles me is how somebody could spend ~$25,000 and not even know how to use the product they bought, even though they have the information they are looking for supplied with it. If he was asking a question about modifications then yes... asking forums is the way to go because it is not something you can just pick up and read when you buy the car, and peoples experience with the matter is most helpful.... but not knowing simple and basic functions, when they are clearly explained in the manual is just pure laziness/ignorance.
i guess you made a statement there. to cut the BS short, the question of the OP has been answered and this thred should be closed.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

How about your own demonstration of innumeracy and illiteracy? The original poster is clearly in Canada (read the post), yet you have the cost of a Ralliart in US dollars (which is not currently very close to Canadian dollars).
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

RTFM comes to mind.....
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by zweetz32
do you understand ever piece of technology in this car? What about how every piece of electronic works, down to the core? Simple question, simple answer. Hold it down wait till you see the light on the dash. No need to go all bananas on him.
yes i do actually. I actually research any type of large purchace i am going to make, instead of just buying stuff because some dealer told me to buy it.

No you don't. Don't even try. If you understood everything about everything on the car then you should immediately explain this to Mitsubishi. I'm sure they'd be pleased to fire all of their engineering staff and only have to pay one employee who understands EVERYTHING down to the core.

There are several ways to solve a problem. If you don't know how the switch works, you can a) ask the dealership, b) read the manual, c) try randomly pressing it, or d) check the Internet. You apparently enjoy reading manuals, so u chose B. However the OP obviously would rather not have to do that and chose D instead. Nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean he is incapable of owning what he owns. On the other hand, if he came on here asking what's wrong with his V12 engine... then you might have a case.