Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, I gotta say, I hope some of u dudes out there weren't lying, cuz I'm going shopping for insurance really soon!!!

I'm 30, no accidents, 1 speeding ticket, everything else clean, and I'm paying $270 a month in LA under Progressive. guess I'm the one paying for their TV commercials?

i will post what i find from my shopping trip. :P
Old Jun 2, 2009, 01:06 PM

Canadian, 27, no accidents, no tickets, driving for 9 yrs and paying $82 CAD/month. Dunno why insurance is so heavy for the US dudes/gals...does anyone know?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 01:20 PM

they want to nickle and dime us. that's why.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:59 PM

Still blows chunks for you guys!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1Fire
Still blows chunks for you guys!
another reason why Canada is better. That and socialized health care.

The reason we pay so much for Insurance in the US is because this country is obsessed with money, and stripping people of their money is the way of the land for all big/major corporations here. From health insurance to car insurance, every US Citizen pays WAY more than they should because Corporations POWN Washington and there is no real government to protect the people (as there is in most of the rest of the world, Canada included). "Free Markets" is a bull**** shield and has become synonymous to "Let me be free to steal as much as I want from the people of this country" That's all.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:26 AM

1+
Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:37 AM

First off, New Jersey has the most expensive insurance and California follows closely behind (Although when I moved from NJ to CA my insurance cost was cut in half and in NJ I had only liability while in CA I had collision ($500 Deductible) and liability. So state matters on cost. The second thing I can think of is how many miles a year do you drive the vehicle.

Try esurance.com, I added an '09 Lancer GTS and my other 2 vehicles to the quote and I got it for $150/month for all three Vehicles and $100 a month if I sold my older car in place of the Lancer. This is in CA.

Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

That's not typical of all of Canada, that's so low because of where he lives. I'm in GTA (toronto area), so a big city. I'm 40 clean record, driving cars and bikes for 24 years, paying about $150 CAD/month.
Originally Posted by 1Fire
Canadian, 27, no accidents, no tickets, driving for 9 yrs and paying $82 CAD/month. Dunno why insurance is so heavy for the US dudes/gals...does anyone know?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

cool, I see. Yeah thanks to the guy about esurance.com im gonna check it out, it is true that the states matter, but still some of these rates are bull****, I mean, we ain't driving a $50k car you know...

Originally Posted by Drows
That's not typical of all of Canada, that's so low because of where he lives. I'm in GTA (toronto area), so a big city. I'm 40 clean record, driving cars and bikes for 24 years, paying about $150 CAD/month.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Drows

Actually, I'm originally from Toronto, North York to be exact. I'm only in Fredericton, NB temporarily ( 8 months) and YES while it MAY NOT be typical for it to be this low I'm still paying insurance in Toronto for both my Ralliart and the wife's 07 Grand Vitara. I too had a bike (04 R1) that I sold last year and even with it I was paying $146 CAD/month up until this year when we couldn't afford to keep the bike on. I guess it simply isn't the matter of where you live but who you go to and whether your significant other has a clean driving record etc as well...along with many other factors. I will agree once again that where you live permanently does play a factor but isn't the ultimate reason. Overall, I will argue that us Canadians pay less than our American counterparts.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone know if the evox insurance is more than the 09 RA insurance?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I started a thread like this too, it really is pointless because everyone is different based on a lot of different things. Your best bet would be to go to websites like insurance.com and such to get ideas of prices for yourself. Then go to the individual companies to get an even better idea. For instance, for me, Allstate ended up being the cheapest.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by IdriveRA
Anyone know if the evox insurance is more than the 09 RA insurance?

Yes, a more expensive trim will cost more money. The faster the car = more cost. Thats what the girl told me with Liberty Mutual.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

not necessarily, I was quoted slightly more on a 2009 GTS, then a RALLIART, if you can believe that, and a ralliart is a wee bit faster then a GTS.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

good old edmonton alberta, 21, 1 speeding ticket. 250 per month with PL/PD. 450 per month with collision. I dont even drive one of the new ones like you guys have. i do believe im getting raped.