Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insurance?

Hey guys, just found this forum and it seems pretty awesome so far.

This is my question for you guys:

How much are you paying for insurance and how old are you?

I am currently driving my 1997 Galant, and I am hoping to get a RA by the end of this year. I know my insurance is obviously going to go up, but I am just trying to get an idea of how much you guys are paying.

Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 07:08 AM

like 700 something, I'm 31, was paying over 1000 for 03 EVO.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

I Pay about $150 a month.
im 22
Old Apr 22, 2009, 07:50 AM

I am 31 (32 in May) and I am paying $90-ish a month for the Ralliart and '01 Cougar.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

I don't have a clean record. I have a total, speeding ticket, careless, dui. All from my freaking Honda fit. (:hammer
: (
Evo's make you believe you can do anything. And talk about some road rage.
Haahaha.

RA is half the cost of my EVO. Just the ralliart alone is about 120/month.
I was dying with the evo at 300/month.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

The car is alot safer with 200 airbags. Plus it has good handling for accident avoidance. Even with the car being more expensive it still will give you better rates.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
21, [22 in july (can't wait for discounts @ 23 & 25)].

$850 6mo. Slighty hampered by 1, 5 over speed limit ticket (could have been 45 over - I was young(er)! ) and a impeding traffic ticket (could have been 15 over - was late and I just wanted to get home. ).
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:17 AM

thanks for the responses guys! its giving me some hope

i was worried that i was going to get raped by insurance but hopefully ill be able to manage

right now i pay a little under 100 a month for my galant and i will be 20 in may

anyways i really hope i get a RA!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Clean record, 34, married (only driver in household), 2 kids, active duty military, full coverage (including gap insurance) I pay around $700 every 6 months. That's with shopping around.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

i love these questions. not to be a dick or anything, but they are completely pointless to ask. Age, vehicle, record, location, years licensed, continuous or lapsed insurance, people in household, ages of people in household, other licensed drivers in household, etc..all play a part in your quote so it's completely pointless to come on a forum and try to get an "idea" of what you'll be paying. Everyone's situations are so different. The best thing you can do is shop around for quotes from actual insurance companies. Good luck
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

i am 35 with a clean record no tickets/accidents, married with two kids. i pay 210 a month for the 03 evo and 06 pathfinder full coverage with 500 deductible. i have progressive insurance.. i use to be with geico they wanted 2000 a year just to insure the evo. after i switched they offered me a price match with the progressive rate. insurance companies are such a rip off.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boosted2x2
i use to be with geico they wanted 2000 a year just to insure the evo.
Do you occationally take a small pile of bills out of your wallet and say "This is the money I could be wasting by switching to Geico?

Seriously though, to the OP, your best bet is to get some quotes. Insurance rates can vary wildly due to location, coverage amounts, deductible, and insuring company. Age and car model are only 2 of the major variables so you're not going to get a very good idea of what to expect from people on an internet forum. Also, most of the major insurance companies have an online system for generating quotes so you don't even have to deal with calling.

Oh, I'd also recommend checking out Progressive.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, it's impossible to get even a rough idea of insurance from other people. There are so many variables that it's pointless. Not trying to be an *** but it's essentially a fruitless venture. Only thing you can say for sure is that it will be less than an Evo and more than the Galant. But even then some things are weird, some saved money over a GTS and etc.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:53 PM

yeah, i know im not going to be able to go to my agent and be like "oh well this guy is paying this and thats how much i wanted to pay" but i just was curious how much everyone is paying

obviously it will be dependent on so many other things, but just wanted a rough idea

thanks for your help guys! hopefully ill be able to join the RA community soon
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, it's funny, when I first got back to Ft. Hood, I got my insurance. My wife and I were in a temporary location with a different zip code. When I finally got around to updating my address, just 6 blocks away but with a different zip code my insurance went down $100!!! Nothing else had changed.

BTW, before I bought my car I priced insurance for the RA and the Evo at 3 different companies. Always do the research.

I was looking at changing companies, USAA said they could beat my current cost and they did, by about $10 per month. The only problem was they didn't offer gap insurance!!! My current policy charges $10 per month for gap insurance.

Last edited by sith_killer_99; Apr 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM.