Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Is this a reasonable price to tell the dealer? Canada prices

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamRA
They are expensive..... near 40 k might as well get the EVO ?

It would be nice to have that coin to toss around.
I'm considering dropping the extra coin and getting a base evo mr. Figure I'd be happier in the long run, but an extra 160 a month is nothing to sneeze at (that's probably the only thing holding me back)
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

A base evo MR or GSR? MR is gonna set you back around 50kish before taxes, or close to. A GSR is around 42kish before taxes. You will not get it for 36-37k taxes inc. Maybe 36 before taxes, if you get lucky (very lucky). IMHO.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Drows
A base evo MR or GSR? MR is gonna set you back around 50kish before taxes, or close to.
the sticker price for a MR is 49k before tax without the premium pkg. I'm considering trying to get the price dropped to 47k. The price difference between it and the premium ralliart is about 9k (this is the difference on sticker price) which turns into a difference of just under $200 a month (planning to get a 84 month loan to keep the payments lower for now and pay it off in 5 years). After taking the ralliart for a spin I really liked the tc-sst trans and the gsr doesn't offer it. Though the gsr is a nice alternative to the ralliart, but I prefer some of the creature comforts of the MR.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck! I don't think it's unreasonable to think you can get it for that price. It's definitely a nice machine. I suggest you check insurance rates first (that will be a monthly payment that is higher as well) not sure how much more it'll be, guess it depends on your data. Let us know how much you get it for.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Drows
Good luck! I don't think it's unreasonable to think you can get it for that price. It's definitely a nice machine. I suggest you check insurance rates first (that will be a monthly payment that is higher as well) not sure how much more it'll be, guess it depends on your data. Let us know how much you get it for.
insurance difference is only about $10 a month for me, so pretty insignificant. But yeah, I'm not 100% sure yet, figure I'll make my decision in the next couple of months since I want the car before the winter.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

I honestly don't think you'll get much of a deal on an Evo as you're hoping (i.e. 2k off sticker).

Where in Canada are you? If you're in Alberta (Calgary specifically) I can recommend a dealer and specifically a sales guy (he's the top salesman of Evo's in all of Canada)
Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by majinfajita
I honestly don't think you'll get much of a deal on an Evo as you're hoping (i.e. 2k off sticker).

Where in Canada are you? If you're in Alberta (Calgary specifically) I can recommend a dealer and specifically a sales guy (he's the top salesman of Evo's in all of Canada)
I live in ottawa. I checked out one dealer when I was looking at ralliarts and he seemed reasonable, his quote on a ralliart was a grand less than the msrp and that was before any negotiations, he seemed a little bit more flexible even after that. So I see no reason I couldn't get the same rebate on a evo. But that's probably all I could get off, any more would be unreasonable.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:19 PM
dfo

kal0051, Highly recommend you use Car Cost Canada to get the dealer invoice cost and then use that to shop around for the dealer who is most willing to match a couple hundred dollars over cost.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:33 PM

doesn't car cost canada cost money? Like I checked it out and you can find the msrp and cost of options and fees but anything further costs money.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 04:25 AM
dfo

It does cost money, around 60 bucks. If you can save that in your purchase it will have paid for itself, which it most certainly did for me. MSRP is not what it costs the dealer, MSRP contains markup. For example the MSRP on the Premium package is $5000 but the dealer cost is $4500.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dfo
It does cost money, around 60 bucks. If you can save that in your purchase it will have paid for itself, which it most certainly did for me. MSRP is not what it costs the dealer, MSRP contains markup. For example the MSRP on the Premium package is $5000 but the dealer cost is $4500.
Correct. CCC will give you both the MSRP from a nearby dealer and the invoice price. If you look at the RedFlagDeals website, there's a lot of information on how you can negotiate using CCC's prices -- something along the lines of invoice + 3% is the bare minimum a dealer needs to sell for to make basically nothing on the car. But it all depends on the dealer, how aggressively you negotiate, etc.

I'm in AB, so cars are still flying off the lots limiting our negotiating room. Out east, things may be different so maybe you can put the screws to them there.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:04 AM

I'm in AB, so cars are still flying off the lots limiting our negotiating room. Out east, things may be different so maybe you can put the screws to them there.
well, it's more that the dealer I'm probably going with is a huge volume dealer with actual cars in stock. And most likely I'll just walk in one day, tell them I want to buy one of their cars that they have in stock but don't want to spend more than 47k. And I'll be prepared to walk away if I don't get it. Either way, I doubt 2k is putting the screws on them for a car that isn't selling like crazy (how many people are actually buying evo mr's? one of the local dealers has been stuck with one for 2 months). But thanks for someone confirming CCC, I'll give them a look (at first the site looked kinda like a scam)
Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kal0051
well, it's more that the dealer I'm probably going with is a huge volume dealer with actual cars in stock. And most likely I'll just walk in one day, tell them I want to buy one of their cars that they have in stock but don't want to spend more than 47k. And I'll be prepared to walk away if I don't get it. Either way, I doubt 2k is putting the screws on them for a car that isn't selling like crazy (how many people are actually buying evo mr's? one of the local dealers has been stuck with one for 2 months). But thanks for someone confirming CCC, I'll give them a look (at first the site looked kinda like a scam)
At least if you get one over there, you'll be unique! They're everywhere I turn here, I kept seeing these Wicked White MR's in every parking lot till it pushed me over the edge so I got the budget-version (Ralliart, in Wicked White ).

I thought CCC looked amateurish too but there's tons of good info on there. Like I mentioned, check out Redflagdeals, the owner of CCC is on there and gives away promo stuff (like 3 checks for the price of 1 kinda thing that i missed out on last month)....if he's got the promo going, you can pull the CCC report on the Ralliart and the EVO.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:19 PM

At least if you get one over there, you'll be unique! They're everywhere I turn here, I kept seeing these Wicked White MR's in every parking lot till it pushed me over the edge so I got the budget-version (Ralliart, in Wicked White ).

I thought CCC looked amateurish too but there's tons of good info on there. Like I mentioned, check out Redflagdeals, the owner of CCC is on there and gives away promo stuff (like 3 checks for the price of 1 kinda thing that i missed out on last month)....if he's got the promo going, you can pull the CCC report on the Ralliart and the EVO.
well, there are a few evos around where I live, plus a bunch of 350z/370z, audi R8s, hummers, genesis coupes, I think I've even seen a ferrari around (damn rich people).

But yeah, I'd love to get a WW evo/ra, but it'll depend on the deal I can get (PB looks nice too).
Old Jul 8, 2009, 04:49 PM
dfo

You get 5 reports with the purchase cost, at least I did.

Quick Reply: Is this a reasonable price to tell the dealer? Canada prices