Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart Tricks?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 02:10 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Y'all be sorry one day when ur running from street thugs and you unlock both sides of your car by accident...

Old Sep 14, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xi
Y'all be sorry one day when ur running from street thugs and you unlock both sides of your car by accident...

nice
Old Sep 14, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by clifhanger87
OP: good question. my mom's 4runner locks the doors when you put it in drive, and unlocks when you put it in park. it was done with some program sequence. anybody know if we can do that on the RA? might be in the manual, but who wants to RTFM...
Get an alarm system and it will do that.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Less worried about thugs and more worried about yeti's...

Originally Posted by xi
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:07 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, if you live in... wisconsin...
Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by boondoc
I'm guessing u can use the emergency key to unlock the door then. So in actuality u cannot lock yourself out. But thanx for the experiment
Emergency key? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

What emergency key?

Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:17 PM

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but I thought I'd let you guys know anyway.

First thing: You cant lock yourself out of the car. If you leave the fob inside, the car will not allow you to lock it by pressing the button on the door handle.

In reference to tricks, did you know that you can tap the turn signal indicator and the light will blink three times? I'm sure some ppl know this but my buddy that also drives an RA had no clue. lol.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DetroitRA
Emergency key? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

What emergency key?

u kno that metal ring on the FOB, look on the back of the FOB and u will see a switch above the Mitsu diamonds. Now move it to the right and pull on that ring. It magic, lol. U can use it to get into the car but by no means try to start it u will get a rude awakening. Trust me.

Originally Posted by hernandez706
I dont know if this has been mentioned, but I thought I'd let you guys know anyway.

First thing: You cant lock yourself out of the car. If you leave the fob inside, the car will not allow you to lock it by pressing the button on the door handle.

In reference to tricks, did you know that you can tap the turn signal indicator and the light will blink three times? I'm sure some ppl know this but my buddy that also drives an RA had no clue. lol.
That only works if the car is off and the FOB is in the car hence the experiment with the car on then lock the door and turn the window up from the outside.

Yea that feature was introduced on the 07 outlander and carried over into the lancers.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
u kno that metal ring on the FOB, look on the back of the FOB and u will see a switch above the Mitsu diamonds. Now move it to the right and pull on that ring. It magic, lol. U can use it to get into the car but by no means try to start it u will get a rude awakening. Trust me.
Lol, I know - I figured that out the first day I had my RA and was messing with the fob. I was like "Ooo...shiny key ring holder...look a switch on the back! WTF THERE'S A KEY HERE." Since then...I had forgotten about it.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DetroitRA
Lol, I know - I figured that out the first day I had my RA and was messing with the fob. I was like "Ooo...shiny key ring holder...look a switch on the back! WTF THERE'S A KEY HERE." Since then...I had forgotten about it.
Lol ok.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Lol ok.
what about the rude awakening bondooc??? anything u dont wanna tell us? lol
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jazket
Wondering this myself....when I first picked up my car there was an issue with the FAST key and the only way I could unlock/start my car was with the emergency key. Seemed to work just fine for me?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
Originally Posted by velocityhead
Wondering this myself....when I first picked up my car there was an issue with the FAST key and the only way I could unlock/start my car was with the emergency key. Seemed to work just fine for me?
The alarm went off violently, it's loud as ****, but that only happens if nothing is wrong with the FAST key system.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

The alarm went off violently, it's loud as ****, but that only happens if nothing is wrong with the FAST key system.
oh hahaha! I was thinking something like an electric shock... I was like how?

yeah I once locked myself inside the car, switched off the engine and started reading one of my networking books for about 10 minutes.. when I went to open the door to get out, the alarm went off and scared the **** out of me lol
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:27 PM

"Lets say u locked ur keys in the car, what u do is call home or someone who has access to ur house and have them get the extra FOB. Hold ur cell next to the door lock and have them press the unlock button through the phone and presto ur doors unlock. Works with all keyless entry systems. Saves gas, time, money and stress. "

Hang on...the Fob works by emitting an RF signal which is protected by a rolling key encryption....and you are saying that you can spoof your car into opening by "sending that encrypted, RF signal" over a device designed to send modulated audio frequencies..??

LOl..okedoke....

Quick Reply: Ralliart Tricks?