Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RA Complaints Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weak *** exhaust tips that leave an exhaust mark that looks like you are missing part of your exhaust.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Normal design problems:

Yes the MMCS Nav system fixes the steering wheel scan problem and restarts with the aux back on unlike the factory stereo. Now that I have it, I will never give it up. Although the volume on the DVD player is horrible. Even at full blast, its not loud enough to overcome normal road noise. The lack of iPod interface also really sucks.

The Rockford Fosgate system sucks *** now that I've gotten used to it. I wonder if the more powerful 2010 amp would make any noticeable improvement? It sounds decent, just needs more volume. I'm old and deaf and I need it louder!

The stock tires at 20k miles are terribly noisy.

Fog light lenses crack too easily.

Static electricity getting in and out is freakin terrible.

The trans/engine is so laggy at low rpm in normal mode, it will stay in 2nd when doing a rolling stop pulling out into traffic then decide to kick down to 1st taking forever. It will leave you hanging out to dry and has damn near killed me a few times. Its too lathargic in normal mode and sport mode is too "sporty" for daily driving. It needs to use the accellerometers to kick the trans down a gear when it senses steering input and turning G's so that it comes out of corners better. Hopefully these are things that will be programmable once the SST slowly becomes flashable.

My car's specific NVH and driveability problems:

Window bolts are definitely loose, you can hear the window rattle if its not in the full up position.

My glove box only rattles when my heavy flashlight is in it. If I remove it, it's all good.

When I let off the brake from a stop, let the car start to barely roll, then get into the gas about half throttle, I get a thump in the driveshaft or rear end. I've looked over everything on the lift and can not find anything that seems to cause it.

Cold weather suspension noises and a a series of 2-3 quick thumps when around the downpipe/front pass floorboard area when the engine first fires up under 40 degrees.

But I still love it!!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
The trans/engine is so laggy at low rpm in normal mode, it will stay in 2nd when doing a rolling stop pulling out into traffic then decide to kick down to 1st taking forever. It will leave you hanging out to dry and has damn near killed me a few times. Its too lathargic in normal mode and sport mode is too "sporty" for daily driving.
I agree, and I nearly got in an accident as a result too. That is why I drive, pretty much exclusively, in manual mode now.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS

The trans/engine is so laggy at low rpm in normal mode, it will stay in 2nd when doing a rolling stop pulling out into traffic then decide to kick down to 1st taking forever. It will leave you hanging out to dry and has damn near killed me a few times. Its too lathargic in normal mode and sport mode is too "sporty" for daily driving. It needs to use the accellerometers to kick the trans down a gear when it senses steering input and turning G's so that it comes out of corners better. Hopefully these are things that will be programmable once the SST slowly becomes flashable.
Normal mode can be made much peppier currently. Still working on a good in-between it and Sport mode.

I love that I have my own RA now so I can test all this stuff whenever-the-heck-I-want.

- Bryan
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

I notice the same thing for the 2 -> 1

Bryan : it's even better since you're smart enough to know what to do. I doubt I could ever learn
Old May 11, 2010, 03:28 PM

09 ralliart problems anyone?

well i bought my 09 ralliart last year in january it has 70.000km on it now (all highway) ya alot of km already.

after the first 12,000 km i have had nothing but problems!!
12,000 km the throttle body was defective!
After 15,000 km the rear diff was leaking!
after 30,000km the engine had a knock witch the engine blew! at 50,000km!
Camshafts were worn, the head was cracked and the piston rings were worn! connecting rod pins had slack!
Now after they replaced the motor the transmission is ****ing up!
i told them the day i picked it up just before xmas of 09! that it still had the knock
they finally called me after 5 months of this problem acuring at 70,000km that they will be taking my car in on the 25 of may! like what kinda service do they have going
im not impressed at all with my mutsi. anyone else have any BS problems?
Old May 11, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

nope. all good here.
Old May 11, 2010, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear about all those probs - seems you were really unlucky.
Old May 11, 2010, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Oh wow, very unlucky. Sorry to hear that.
Old May 11, 2010, 07:34 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So are they giving you a new car?
Old May 12, 2010, 01:18 PM

LOL ya right i wish, considering all the problems iv had i think they should but ill find out on the 25 and know more about what their going to do
Old May 12, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

lol looks like you got the 1 in 5000 sold that will breakdown on ya'
Old May 12, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

U got a dud my friend. it sux but it happens. *knock on wood*
Old May 12, 2010, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that .. but 1 yrs 70k km ... thats some stress testing =)
I hope thats not what will happen to my RA when i hit 12000+ O_o
Old May 12, 2010, 10:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mitsu090
well i bought my 09 ralliart last year in january it has 70.000km on it now (all highway) ya alot of km already.

after the first 12,000 km i have had nothing but problems!!
12,000 km the throttle body was defective!
After 15,000 km the rear diff was leaking!
after 30,000km the engine had a knock witch the engine blew! at 50,000km!
Camshafts were worn, the head was cracked and the piston rings were worn! connecting rod pins had slack!
Now after they replaced the motor the transmission is ****ing up!
i told them the day i picked it up just before xmas of 09! that it still had the knock
they finally called me after 5 months of this problem acuring at 70,000km that they will be taking my car in on the 25 of may! like what kinda service do they have going
im not impressed at all with my mutsi. anyone else have any BS problems?

Someone either lied or doesn't know how to diagnose. There is no way possible all those things could happen to one motor at the same time. I would run far away from that place.

Quick Reply: RA Complaints Thread