Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RA Complaints Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 on deadpedal link
Old Jan 4, 2010, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CanadianJackal
Must be nice to only pay 25.5 k for a Raliart. Mine cost me $38,900 after tax and I did Not pay the extra $7000 they wanted for the crappy Rockford Fosgate and Nav Setup.
Hehe don't complain, my RA cost me $ 62 900 here in Finland after taxes. Has HIDs, rockford+satnav, leather interior but no recaros or sunroof (they are not even available). An EVO X would be about 20 000 more (cheapest version) :F
Old Jan 4, 2010, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
Where did you find that?
lol, found it trolling around the club cj aussie site.
its actually a mitsu part so any dealer *should* be able to source it. part number is: MZ525044EX. definitely completes the look, although fairly expensive for what it is. i guess if this is all i have to complain about its not really that bad huh?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

For all the northern guys, Have you noticed in the snow how bad the front defroster on the top right side does its job?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 01:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank u chi-town
Old Jan 6, 2010, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
lol, found it trolling around the club cj aussie site.
its actually a mitsu part so any dealer *should* be able to source it. part number is: MZ525044EX. definitely completes the look, although fairly expensive for what it is. i guess if this is all i have to complain about its not really that bad huh?
is the dead pedal a MMNA part ? or Mitsubishi Australia.

Last edited by lancer0220; Jan 6, 2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by japan101
For all the northern guys, Have you noticed in the snow how bad the front defroster on the top right side does its job?
No problems here. Temps have been from -1C to -27C in the last month and a half and I have had no defrost issues whatsoever. In fact it has been one of the best cars in this regard that I have ever owned(so far)

Old Jan 6, 2010, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lancer0220
is the dead pedal a MMNA part ? or Mitsubishi Australia.
austrailia, japan, and pretty much all of europe. im pretty sure its everyone except mmna. its definitely going to have to be done internationally, but it can be done tho. they're just going to have to call their distribution center and have it allocated on their next overseas shipment. may take awhile to get, but it'll come. just make your parts guy do some work to make the sale for a change. lol
Old Jan 6, 2010, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

^ Im talking about when it snows and the snow builds up on the top right side melting and then icing over and causing the wiper blade to lift a little. Sorry for not clarifying what I meant better.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

It has been pretty cold about -26 C at night and -37 C once you figure in the windchill. Sometimes after the car has been sitting for hours and it has snowed a lot it takes a little longer to warm up but then she puts out heat like crazy. As far as the windsheild wipers go no problems so far, but if you live up north in the snowbelt thwn pretty much every vehicle up here has a snowbrush in the back seat, booster cables in the trunk and some times an emergency road kit and collapsible shovel etc...
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

so true. had to scrape freezing rain off my windshield today. not fun. I replaced the wipers though so I can't tell if the stock ones stick. has anyone gotten stuck in their RA? just curious as to how much snow it took.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
It was right at zero degrees out today and when I started the car, it made a crazy squealing sound at first. The suspension is also pretty creaky when very cold out.
Your right. The right side of my front struts sound like an old arm chair when going over speed bumps. Why is that? Can the dealer fix this? Its a brand new car....

Also heated mirrors on my car work great. Living here in the North, its really helpful. And yes, its hooked up to the rear defroster button.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by japan101
^ Im talking about when it snows and the snow builds up on the top right side melting and then icing over and causing the wiper blade to lift a little. Sorry for not clarifying what I meant better.
I noticed this today, it kept making this horrible KACHUNK noise when the wiper would come down. Quite an annoying sound...
Old Jan 8, 2010, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

That's the worst place for ice buildup...on long drives here (3+ hours) I have to stop occasionally and chip off the ice so the wipers work again.

I wish the windshields incorporated a defrosting element (like the rear window) directly where the wipers sit...that would take care of everything.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Okay I see what you are talking about. However here (Mainland Canada)
we do not see very much freezing rain or wet snow. Many times the snow is so dry here in Calgary that it just blows off.

Probably why I have not encountered this problem

Quick Reply: RA Complaints Thread