Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Pulling to the right

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulling to the right

Yes I am bringing it in to the dealer.
Car pulls to the right on acceleration only and not from just off the line but at any speed.

It is like torque steer.

Anyone else experienced this? Just curious

Cheers
Old May 6, 2010, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RADriver
Car pulls to the right on acceleration only and not from just off the line but at any speed.

It is like torque steer.

Anyone else experienced this? Just curious

Cheers
And it drives straight just cruising? I experience this, but my car needs an alignment REALLY bad.
Old May 6, 2010, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like torque steer to me.
Old May 6, 2010, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
Sounds like torque steer to me.
Yes it's like no power is going to the left (drivers side wheel)

Even moderate acceleration will point me towards the rubarb

It just started yesterday too.

I have no codes or warnings on the display.

It makes me concerned however I will wait to see what my dealer makes of it.
Old May 6, 2010, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

A lot of people have complained about the RAs pulling right. Mine does as well, and I'm pretty sure it is an alignment issue. It is not too bad and I haven't been experiencing unusual tire wear, so I am just waiting until after I get springs to get an alignment.
Old May 6, 2010, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

My RA pulls to the right a little as well. Same with my GTS before I traded it in. Going to get an alignment on my RA sometime this summer.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:38 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Crown of the road usually goes to the right. Maybe it's just unusually sensitive?
Old May 6, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Mine has also been doing this since the day I bought it. When I took my stock tires off for the winter, the tires were worn REALLY bad on the insides. The rears were still in really good condition. So, given these, I believe the best route to correct it is to get my alignment checked out.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Dont waste your tim goin to the dealer about this

I went to the dealer about a while back, and the service manager, just crossed is arms and said "Its not our fault, and told me, that I should use both hands while driving anyway.. as if that was the cause of it steering to the side....

Last edited by 2010 Rallihead; May 6, 2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2010 Rallihead
I went to the dealer about a while back, and the service manager, just crossed is arms and said "Its not our fault, and told me, that I should use both hands while driving anyway.. as if that was the cause of it steering to the side....
LOL, back when I had the misfortune of owning a Buick LeSabre and had some alignment issues, the GM dealership's service department manager told me that cars are designed to drift to the right so if you fall asleep at the wheel the car will drift off to the side of the road so you are not in the way of traffic. I was told this after I took my car back for 3rd time to get the alignment fixed and they failed to fix the issue.

Needless to say, I don't own a GM vehicle anymore and I don't do business with that dealership.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RADriver
If it feels like torque steer, acts like torque steer, and etc., then it might be torque steer. I haven't noticed this, but then again I used to drive a FWD car and am used to crap like this. It got really bad on my Eclipse, and I checked my tires. Sure enough, they were bald on one side. My camber was WAY off, too. However, it was accompanied by a horrible sound that is unmistakable. Either way, I started rotating my tires every 4k or so miles, and the problem magically went away. I am going to adopt that practice with this car as well.
Old May 6, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

The car should not do this.
Evo + Ralliarts don't torque steer like FWD cars.
Take the dealership for a ride and demonstrate it to them.

Last edited by ralliartblitz; May 6, 2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old May 6, 2010, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psycho09RA
the GM dealership's service department manager told me that cars are designed to drift to the right so if you fall asleep at the wheel the car will drift off to the side of the road so you are not in the way of traffic.
ROFLWTF! man...people will say anything to customers to save some money. that's one reason I never got into car sales of any kind.
Old May 6, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psycho09RA
LOL, back when I had the misfortune of owning a Buick LeSabre and had some alignment issues, the GM dealership's service department manager told me that cars are designed to drift to the right so if you fall asleep at the wheel the car will drift off to the side of the road so you are not in the way of traffic. I was told this after I took my car back for 3rd time to get the alignment fixed and they failed to fix the issue.

Needless to say, I don't own a GM vehicle anymore and I don't do business with that dealership.
hahahah i was told the samething with the eclipse i had, and guess who told me that... the same manager... dealers are ****** no matter where... only few live up to there reputation of being SERVICE professionals.

Last edited by 2010 Rallihead; May 6, 2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old May 6, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Well if I need proof, obtaining it is easy I'll just test drive another RA on the lot it's an easy comparison.

Quick Reply: Pulling to the right