Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Have you been Evo'ed?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2010, 04:50 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
Every time I order food, the delivery driver asks to see what's under the hood of my "Evo". I can't say that it annoys me. Now, what does annoy me is when people go blasting past my car on the freeway (mostly Hondas, some Neons, etc.). It happened more often in my Eclipse, but it is still worrisome in this car. It doesn't impress me, it doesn't prove anything other than my unwillingness to "race", the loud garble makes my ears hurt, and I don't appreciate being put in a bad situation.
I always get the douchebags that tack out their rev limiter when the are driving by me in the OTHER direction.
Old May 24, 2010, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo nice evo dude! Do you have any change on you?? No?? how could you have no money when you're driving a nice car like that...
Old May 24, 2010, 05:22 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Skym
Yo nice evo dude! Do you have any change on you?? No?? how could you have no money when you're driving a nice car like that...
Wait... a homeless guy thought you had an Evo?
Old May 24, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xi
Wait... a homeless guy thought you had an Evo?
Old May 24, 2010, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Not homeless but when I go to the gas stations there's people asking for some change cuz they are short couple of cents... it wasn't just once. I get it once every month or so but it happens... And they always have to mention how nice my evo is... lol
Old May 24, 2010, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

And no I don't live in a shady neighborhood... I don't know why it only happens to me...
Old May 24, 2010, 08:23 PM
xi
Evolved Member

The homeless thing happened to me once lol.

I stopped at this shady gas station cause I was running real low. Got out to pump my gas and this dude came out of nowhere looking dirty and disheveled trying to be real helpful insisting that he do it for me and wanted to wash my windshield. The station manager came running about 2 seconds later to chase him off. This was when I had the beat up dodge.

Couple of high school kids walked by my drive way earlier tonight while I was out there wiping bird poo (yea, it sux) off the roof of the car and I heard one of them look over and start talking about gran turismo. I didn't wanna make the situation weird by telling them it was a RA, cause I'm pretty sure there's no RA in GT5..

Last edited by xi; May 24, 2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old May 24, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
See my sig.

I get Evo'd all the time. If I've got time, or give a damn, I'll explain the differences. Otherwise I just don't bother, reply with a "Thanks." and be on my way.

I was driving to Northern Michigan the other day with my girl, and all of a sudden I see a bunch of flashes from a P&S camera go off from inside a Chevy Astrovan. I asked, "Did they just take a picture of us?!" and pulled forward only to find the passenger poke his head out the window and scream "NICE EVO MANNN DO A PULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!". .

Last edited by DatRAzn; May 25, 2010 at 05:40 AM. Reason: typos
Old May 24, 2010, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blkmkIII
I tell people its a lancer...... because it is
So is an EVO.
Old May 25, 2010, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A homeless guy in Philly asked me as I was walking back to my car "Is that a 6 Cylinder?" my response "No", then he's next question "Is that a manual?", "No" ... door closed, drove off. Left him with more questions than answers.

My favorite comments are when after a snow storm. People look at you like your insane driving around at high speeds in the thick of snow. I'm sure they are thinking. Your not allowed to do that in a car, where is your huge SUV? Stop that.

I tell people it's a Ralliart as well. That differentiates it from the rest of the line up, all in one word.
Old May 25, 2010, 07:04 AM

We only get the sportback version of the Ralliart so it's probably less confusing.

However, most people in the UK have never heard of the Lancer Ralliart, including me and I like to think I'm up on all car makes and models. The plus side is that I like owning rare cars

No one has called my car and Evo but they do look puzzled when I say it's a Lancer Ralliart, including someone in my office who has had a couple of Evos lol.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:07 AM

people around here have no idea of what a Ralliart is (or a Evo for that matter)... Yesterday this guy at the gas station asked me if I paid around 40k for it
I also have a guy who works in the same floor as me who tells me all the time that his toyota camry S is faster than my evo...
Old May 25, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

I only get...

"What is that thing?"

It's a freakin' Ferrari hatchback, buddy. Just came out.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:27 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RotorGlow
I only get...

"What is that thing?"

It's a Ferrari 200 Japania, touring edition.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RotorGlow
I only get...

"What is that thing?"

That's hilarious!

Once in a great while, someone will think it's an Evo. But most groups I hang out with always ask "So how's the wannabe-Evo?"

People that approach me usually know it's a Ralliart, but they don't know it's boosted and all wheel drive. It's funny, when I talk to them about the twin-clutch transmission, they think I have a torque convertor in there. Even people that know the Ralliart from reading about it, have thought it's just an automatic transmission with a fancy name. They don't get that there's "clutch" in the product name.

Quick Reply: Have you been Evo'ed?