Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bloodMoney
Hey guys, I've been lurking around evom since I bought my '11 TB RA Sportback in February. I picked it up brand new with the Navi/touring package, no recaros for me.... But the GF loves the heated seats, and I'm loving the leather and sunroof.

I'm a 'yota guy at heart and it shows... We currently own an '88 Celica Alltrac, '90 Celica Alltrac and a '96 Celica GT (soon to be V6/4WD), needless to say that I caught a lot of crap on the celica boards when I posted up my new DD, but I am really looking forward to the adventures that I'm going to have with this car.

I've got a lot of friends that build 1g/2g DSMs, so its not like the Mitsu world is totally new to me

Anyway, here she is about 6k miles ago....

I look forward to talking to/ meeting you guys!
Sweet, another local. Don't worry, there are plenty of people to hang out with in the Chi area if the Toy car crowd shuns you. Meets and track days and all kinds of crap always going on in the Evo/Lancer scene and most of the guys are really cool and friendly and helpful.

You're going to love the car, especially as a daily. By the time you bought it, we were pretty much done with snow, but wait until next winter... Make sure you pick up a spare set of snow tires/wheels and you'll have a BLAST!

See you around.

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Jun 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, My name's Jason, just bought a Rotorglow RA with the Recaro package. I live in the middle of nowhere Western, KY. Looking to squeeze in a few mods before I move off to the middle of nowhere VA, where I will be an unemployed grad student. Currently have the K&N SRI installed as of last night (thanks to the awesome guide) and have never modded a car before in my life (if I had I may have realized doing things by flashlight after a few drinks isn't the best way to go.)
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:07 PM

I know it's a bit late, but I wasn't sure if I would stick around. It's a nice place and people are generally respectful, so here goes:

This is Senvae's story.

I had a 2009 Lancer Gt, Black with LOTS of items, like Rockford Fosgate stereo, loved it to death. But I always wished I had the money to buy a Ralliart or Evo instead. Still loved the car though. Late May 2012, a dumb lady doing 80+ km/h in my residential neighborhood fell asleep behind the wheel and slammed into my parked Lancer GT. Destroyed my 2 week old summer rims and tires that I had spent all winter shopping for, left me without a car for a couple of weeks.

Since I am a big fan of BBC's Top Gear, I decided to follow their advice and spend my money on a slightly used performance car rather than spend more money on a brand new put put car.

So now I drive a 2009 Ralliart, black, with Recaro package. (HID, Rockford Fosgate, Navi, Fancy seats).

I'm not interested in making any mechanical upgrades right away, and the car was mostly stock except for these blue LED lights in the air intake slot, a boost sprinter switch, and a REALLY loud exhaust. That last one was a problem with my wife, and it was very noisy on the highway. Especially since I have 2 young kids, and another one on the way. So I found a member on this forum from my home town and we switched exhausts. Now I am back to stock. But he did give me a slight ECU tune. I also had a lot of other helpful advice from forum members so I will stick around and see what else I can learn.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:49 AM

New Tarmac Black RA owner. No mods, just picked it up Friday night. Some early observations:

Stereo has got to go - Looking for options.
Think I want to throw a remote start on it - But want to retain the push button unlock.. Looking around now.

Think that's it for now.

LOVE the car, though.

edited to add: Can't believe I only have 10 posts. Serial lurker, I guess. I've gotten SO much info from here...

Last edited by brains613; Jul 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: added statement
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:21 PM

Well, I'm newish to this forum. Name's Melissa. I live in Mt Laurel, NJ. Picked up a new 2012 Apex Silver RA on March 31st. Last car was a lease: 2008 GTS. I love this car so much more.

Not really planning on doing too many mods.. nothing performance, at least for a while. Just aesthetic. I'm pretty happy about the power this thing has. Haha.

I have:
Evo X Side Plate Mount
6k lows (Not installed ATM)
3k fogs (Not installed ATM)
Blue City Lights (Not installed ATM)
Debadged "Mitsubishi" & "Lancer" from the trunk
And I've plastidipped a few parts: chrome ring, front emblem, hood scoop, side markers, chrome window trim, 3rd brake light, back mitsu emblem, and rear reflectors.

Window tints and Teins by the end of the year.

Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:06 PM

Technically I've been a member around here for a while, but can't say I've contributed anything--or was even present--to the community. Hoping to change that now, as it's nice to be around people who share the understanding of these cars. And since it seems popular to share some kind of story with an introduction...

I joined this site a while back in anticipation of the upcoming Lancer Ralliart. Once a local dealer had one in, I rushed down to test drive it--still in the days when I seemed to be explaining more about the car than the sales representative, but I digress. The test drive sealed the deal in winning me over. If they had what I wanted at that point, I probably would've gotten the car then but the desire for Navigation and Recaros put a bit of a delay on my getting a Ralliart. I didn't end up getting that Ralliart because of other life events that took priority over a new car--a decision I thought about fairly often.

Fear not, though, as I would not tell a story that is without a happy ending. Flash forward a few years to 2011 when I finally got my hands on a [beautiful] new 2011 Tarmac Black Ralliart. Granted, I missed out on Recaros, but got myself a sunroof and some nice leather seats instead.

Since then, I've just been addicted to this car. Looking at it, driving it--I actually look forward to going to work in the morning just because it means I get to drive the car again. Of course, finding another one of these on the road can be challenging if you don't know where to look. And what better place to start than in a community full of Lancer, Ralliart, and Evolution owners?

Also, since these posts aren't really complete without visuals...
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by kissmeblind
Well, I'm newish to this forum. Name's Melissa. I live in Mt Laurel, NJ. Picked up a new 2012 Apex Silver RA on March 31st. Last car was a lease: 2008 GTS. I love this car so much more.

Not really planning on doing too many mods.. nothing performance, at least for a while. Just aesthetic. I'm pretty happy about the power this thing has. Haha.

I have:
Evo X Side Plate Mount
6k lows (Not installed ATM)
3k fogs (Not installed ATM)
Blue City Lights (Not installed ATM)
Debadged "Mitsubishi" & "Lancer" from the trunk
And I've plastidipped a few parts: chrome ring, front emblem, hood scoop, side markers, chrome window trim, 3rd brake light, back mitsu emblem, and rear reflectors.

Window tints and Teins by the end of the year.

2012 wheels looks nice
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:48 PM

Hey gang, Scott here, and I've been over on the 9gLancers forum with my 2010 RG GTS until I decided to trade it in last Week on a 2012 TB Ralliart. My dealer almost never has Ralliarts in stock, so when they finally had two sitting on the lot, I headed over to check it out.

I'll have to take some pictures soon, but I do have one so far...

Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:48 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Rob and I've had my 09 RA for just over a month now. I was driging a beat up old saturn until my tranny started going. Despite having 5 friends who all drive subarus, I decided to get the RA. My reasoning was not only the fact that its a much nicer looking car, but I love the TC-SST
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:57 AM

How many of you guys and gals are wingless? Is that preferred?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:12 PM

Haaaaaayyy guuuiiisisssee!!!!

Noob here with a white 2010 Ralliart, currently going to school. I was never much of a car guy until it came time to give up my junker Jeep. Thankfully I had plently of direction from friends who gently nudged me towards something that was a little more fun to drive. By nudging of course, I mean that on my birthday they handed me the keys to one of their beaters and quickly set up a little drag race. Flooring it to 100mph down surface streets cured me of boring car syndrome . It wasn't long after that I bought the Ralliart. Money is a little tight right now so it looks like it will be stock for a little while. Here she is......
Attached Thumbnails ***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***-my-car.jpg  
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:17 AM

Hey everyone! Name is Brandi and I am out of Baltimore, MD. Just picked up my 2012 Octane Blue Ralliart about 2 months ago and finally getting around to registering on here. This isn't the first high performance car that I have owned, but it's the only one in recent years lol. I went from an 08 Prius (don't laugh... ok, go ahead) to this amazing piece of machinery. Already have over 3k miles I got mine loaded with all the options and black leather interior. Got my windows tinted right away, but I'm looking into possibly adding Katana black/blue rims, adding some carbon fiber trim, and, of course, the wing on the back since a lid spoiler just doesn't do enough for me. Also want to get a turbo timer to make sure my turbo doesn't prematurely wear out. Maybe some cross drilled/slotted Brembos... I love the pep of this car! If anyone lives in the area and knows of any cruises, etc., feel free to hit me up. My boyfriend and I attended the AWD Meet down in Ocean City this year and had a blast! That's it for now!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 06:28 AM

Hey guys, my name is Taylor and im from Jaxksonville Florida. After seriously lurking around the interwebs and this site for at least a year minimum, I decided to graduate from my putt-putt 2005 Honda Civic to a brand spanking new 2012 Ralliart. I don't know why i didn't make the jump sooner. No mods yet, being that I know nothing about cars, but im hopinh for some aesthetic upgrades here pretty soon. One question though, whats the opinion on wing vs wingless? Debating on getting rid of mine...
Old Aug 2, 2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by BlueLightning12
Hey everyone! Name is Brandi and I am out of Baltimore, MD. Just picked up my 2012 Octane Blue Ralliart about 2 months ago and finally getting around to registering on here. This isn't the first high performance car that I have owned, but it's the only one in recent years lol. I went from an 08 Prius (don't laugh... ok, go ahead) to this amazing piece of machinery. Already have over 3k miles I got mine loaded with all the options and black leather interior. Got my windows tinted right away, but I'm looking into possibly adding Katana black/blue rims, adding some carbon fiber trim, and, of course, the wing on the back since a lid spoiler just doesn't do enough for me. Also want to get a turbo timer to make sure my turbo doesn't prematurely wear out. Maybe some cross drilled/slotted Brembos... I love the pep of this car! If anyone lives in the area and knows of any cruises, etc., feel free to hit me up. My boyfriend and I attended the AWD Meet down in Ocean City this year and had a blast! That's it for now!
so how do u like RA's MPG after prius? btw do u have to put premium in prius?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by thebuenonacho
Hey guys, my name is Taylor and im from Jaxksonville Florida. After seriously lurking around the interwebs and this site for at least a year minimum, I decided to graduate from my putt-putt 2005 Honda Civic to a brand spanking new 2012 Ralliart. I don't know why i didn't make the jump sooner. No mods yet, being that I know nothing about cars, but im hopinh for some aesthetic upgrades here pretty soon. One question though, whats the opinion on wing vs wingless? Debating on getting rid of mine...
congrats on RA!
go wingless or get do-luck trunk!

Quick Reply: ***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***