Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fears about buying a ralliart sportback!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 07:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can see that I wasn't exactly poking along, either.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zero complaints with my Sportback, took a 2,500mi road trip end of March, ran great, got a high avg of 25/mpg. Excellent performance in the Mountains.

I have no rattles, no issues with the trans, and I think the RF soundsystem is excellent. Along with the Recaro Seats and HID lights.

A great car, especially comparing price to an A3.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 08:59 PM

I went to the dealer today and looked at a base ra sportback and one with racoros, better radio and hids. I guess this is a package. I'm not sure if blue tooth is included. I'm 6'0 215 and I felt cramped In the rocoros. Especially the leg area. Does this stretch out at all. The interior is basic but nice and the build seems good. My Audi feels more solid but that was expected. The base seats were cheap as well. Overall I loved the car. Ill Test drive one soon and let you guys know what indecide. Is there a leather package or my only option is rocoros.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:14 PM
yip
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
You cannot really compare the Audi to the Mitsu. The Audi is nicer in every area except performance.

What year is your A3? Do you have the TSI or FSI motor? The mitsu will have more turbo lag. It will also shift harsher and more jerky than the DSG transmission.

I'm a huge VAG guy and have owned quite a few VAG cars over the years. I recenlty bought a Ralliart sportback because it fit my budget with the performance I was looking for. I considered an A3 and I liked how quite it was, the ride, interior design/feel, and overall look of the car better than the Mitsu but on the performance end the Mitsu offered quite a bit more performance for the money.

I picked up my 2010 Ralliart sportback for $17,500 and I wouldn't be able to touch an A3 with DSG for that price unless it was high miles or beat to hell.

For the price I don't mind the thrashy sounding engine, loud cabin noise, so so fit and finish on the interior and clunky felling transmission.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 04:22 AM
Evolving Member

Stock suspension is like a dream compared to the civic type-r 07 I had before this one. Putting in Swift springs will pretty much retain the comfort
Old Apr 7, 2011, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

People forget about the awd which on its own makes the ralliart both safer and more reliable when pushed (dont forget snow!)
With its price, not much can compare tbh.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Motojoe
I went to the dealer today and looked at a base ra sportback and one with racoros, better radio and hids. I guess this is a package. I'm not sure if blue tooth is included. I'm 6'0 215 and I felt cramped In the rocoros. Especially the leg area. Does this stretch out at all. The interior is basic but nice and the build seems good. My Audi feels more solid but that was expected. The base seats were cheap as well. Overall I loved the car. Ill Test drive one soon and let you guys know what indecide. Is there a leather package or my only option is rocoros.
I know how you feel. im 6'2" and 200 lbs and i find the since the steering doesn't telescope, my knees hit the steering wheel with the recaros... which SUCKSSSS. I really like them...

The standard seats are exactly what i have in my GTS and to be honest, they are stupid comfy and could live with them in my future RA ...

I just wish HIDs were a standalone option... thats all i want in the RA
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BravoZero
I getz infinite when I'm parked, yo!
+1 Lmao!!!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

I picked up my 2010 Ralliart sportback for $17,500 and I wouldn't be able to touch an A3 with DSG for that price unless it was high miles or beat to hell.
Where did you find an RA for that cheap? Does it have 100K miles on it? Is it completely gutted??
EDIT:
Or better yet, is it a salvage title?!?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Where did you find an RA for that cheap? Does it have 100K miles on it? Is it completely gutted??
EDIT:
He sounds like he's just throwing stuff out and not making sense. He makes fun of the Ralliart then says he bought one. Idiot.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

actually you would be surprised, the RA holds its value like a GTS no where near the way an evo holds its value (altho its still crappy).

used 09 ra with 21k miles is selling for 19k here
used 09 ra with 40k miles sold for 18k

only RAs ive seen used that are being sold for 21-24k have 15k miles or less. and anyone who wants this much with more miles is just plain crazy. unless its a 2011.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Skym
If you don't track the car and abuse it all the time i think you'll be fine but the maintenance costs are pretty high too for a non luxury car
i track my sportback and she is still going well! good times and having the SB makes life so much easier
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

used 09 ra with 21k miles is selling for 19k here
used 09 ra with 40k miles sold for 18k
I'm going to go out on a limb and say these are base models, which sold brand new for 23-24. So ya 40K mileage, I could believe them going for 19K. Thats gutted IMO, no Recaros/HID/RF/Navi
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:29 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say these are base models, which sold brand new for 23-24. So ya 40K mileage, I could believe them going for 19K. Thats gutted IMO, no Recaros/HID/RF/Navi

Got my Ralliart for 17.000$ with 10k on it....
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:03 AM
yip
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
EDIT:

I picked it up from a BMW dealer in Socal. The title is clean but it is a base model that did have just a little over 20k on it. It's a 2010 and was pretty much mint! It was a good deal considering all the other RA's in the area with similar mileage were $20-22k so I jumped on it. The dealer actually had the car listed at $18,500 but they took my first offer!

Pretty happy overall with the car and it serves the purpose I purchased it for.

Quick Reply: Fears about buying a ralliart sportback!