Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Email tune

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2011, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
If your are just stock why not just get the GST tune for free? Then maybe later on a tuner or e tuner can build off if that.
Not everything is stock so it would be beneficial for me to get the etune.

SPSERG, mind if I ask how much your tune was? Doesn't seem like you had a wideband or test pipe for the tune. Just used your tactrix cable for it?

That seems to be a good price for English Racing. I got quoted $200 from 4WSTuning too so idk which to go with there. Good thing for me is I only plan on getting the one tune. Once I get a couple more parts in then I will be done with what I want to do and can get one tune and be good to go.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 07:08 AM

Talking E-tune

I dont mind you asking at all... I already had the Cobb Accessport, so that was my datalogging device. The whole process was $425.00, and I know what you are thinking... thats a whole lot of money- and it is. However, since I bought this car I have seen again and again YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! AMS has been tuning EVO's and RA's for quite some time and in my opinion knows the fine points of how to safely and reliably make power. My advice, do your research and what the heck call them too. I found that AMS was great about answering al my questions and putting me at ease about the process. Especially when I asked Mitch "can you explain to me what changes you made in the map?" I was explained the details of what parameters were changed in great length and what effects would be felt. As a consumer, I occasionally will act a little stupid and grade my decision to do biz based on the answers given to me. AMS didnt even give me then chance, they put me at ease prior to me ever handing them the green or my credit card.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SPSERG
I dont mind you asking at all... I already had the Cobb Accessport, so that was my datalogging device. The whole process was $425.00, and I know what you are thinking... thats a whole lot of money- and it is. However, since I bought this car I have seen again and again YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! AMS has been tuning EVO's and RA's for quite some time and in my opinion knows the fine points of how to safely and reliably make power. My advice, do your research and what the heck call them too. I found that AMS was great about answering al my questions and putting me at ease about the process. Especially when I asked Mitch "can you explain to me what changes you made in the map?" I was explained the details of what parameters were changed in great length and what effects would be felt. As a consumer, I occasionally will act a little stupid and grade my decision to do biz based on the answers given to me. AMS didnt even give me then chance, they put me at ease prior to me ever handing them the green or my credit card.
Did u log with a wideband? On their site their etune is only $375 how long ago did u get it done?
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:12 AM

Cost

If you look at their web-site, the drop down for EVO X/Ralliart is an additional $50 bringing the total to $425
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 235 Likes on 211 Posts
mitch@ams is on top of his business
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

I stand corrected
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:34 PM

Ams to Mitch
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by suprPHREAK
How does an email tune work??
Remote tuning is actually pretty common. I have seen it done, before. You log a pull on a Dyno or on the road. Capture the results and send them to the tuner. You are then sent a ROM file to flash the car with. Repeat. It means that you will need access to a wideband O2 of some kind. Most places with a dyno should have a sniffer that you could log with. The guy here in Durham has one that accesses both tailpipes. Very cool setup for Audi's and VW's. Basically, all you need is PayPal and an Openport 2.0 cable (or Cobb AP). You should be set. If you want a grab-bag basic flash, there is nothing out there that compares to the good old fashion GST Basemap.

I hope that this helps.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, didn't read thread.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

I just started working with Tom at vr-speed. He is has been very helpful so far and knows his stuff. Also has the best price I could find.

www.vr-speed.com
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:17 AM

Creatd Motorsports in Melbourne Australia, they have done many RA's with great results, or PM Bryan razorlab his work is fantastic.

creatdmotorsports@bigpond.com