Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fuego's Project Car!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other updates: The JDM crash bar should arrive this week I hope and then in a couple of weeks it should be going back to the body shop to be finished :-))

I am also going to get the shop I found to look at my transmission and see if they will be more helpful then the one here in El Paso. It's the same place that is selling me the JDM crash bar so I hope to knock out 2 birds with one stone.

If all goes well I will be upgrading to the Evo X turbo at the end of this year. I got the Evo X turbo(with oil lines, inlet, outlet pipes, and gaskets), port and polished X Manifold, O2 and UR DP, FIC 1100 Injectors (Brand New) for $900

Now I just need Synapse BOV, Grimspeed, UICP, LICP, and a Air Intake. With this I should be able to do the Evo X upgraded. I believe that's everything I need?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuego
Here is an update on 3rd and 4th gear. Now can anyone check and graph their RPMs and see if the get the slight rev up in the start? I would appreciate that.
That little blip at the start is your tune... throttle-related SST tables, etc. You moved off the Base Maps, right?

The second graph still shows some of that grip/slip/grip/slip wobble, but I believe it has reduced slightly since last time I saw it.

How about getting the "S-Sport" SST reflash? S-Sport would surely deliver higher clutch pressure... could help some.

Rich
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
That little blip at the start is your tune... throttle-related SST tables, etc. You moved off the Base Maps, right?

The second graph still shows some of that grip/slip/grip/slip wobble, but I believe it has reduced slightly since last time I saw it.

How about getting the "S-Sport" SST reflash? S-Sport would surely deliver higher clutch pressure... could help some.

Rich

Rich,

Yea I moved off the base map and I'm on a SSP tune. They did great work and tried their best to correct the problem through tunning the SST. Do you have the information so I can log the clutch information for the SST?

The 2nd graph is what I been logging a lot and posting here in the forum. It's 4th gear and the 1st graph is 3rd gear. As you can see it's been improving a lot.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!! So I finally decided to change out the front sway bar and yes it's a PITA, just very tedious but I follows the instructions that was posted on this forum. The rear diff mount was worst than changing the front swaybar. I was using the press machine to press the old mount out. Well what happened was that the mount on the left cracked on me because the socket that was used to press the old bushing out was a little to perfect and we did not realize that where the bushing sits in con-caved a little. So I found another socket just a hair smaller than the other one and it worked. Now for the main rear diff mount we had to use a saw to remove it. It's a PITA.

Ok so check this out. I ordered the dayco serpatine belt and it did not work, it kept slipping off. So I put the old one back on.

Hopefully this coming week I can take the car for the transmission to get checkeed

So the car should be back and running on Monday.

I did get my windows finally tinted my windows.

I love these rims!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORK-Meister...957390&vxp=mtr

WORK Wheels, Meister S1 3P
Custom Color and Pierce Bolts
- Price for set of 4 x wheels + 4 x valve stems
- Custom Finish: Gun Metal Face with Glossy bronze Anodized Lip Barrel and Gold Pierce Bolts
Attached Thumbnails Fuego's Project Car!-img_1588.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-img_1598.jpg  

Last edited by Fuego; Oct 25, 2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok! Finally have time to upload the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlwPN...ature=youtu.be

Here is the rev issue as discribed in the pervious post!
Mine was Doing the same thing I flushed the trans and put new fluid it fixed the problem. The clutches were Slipping
Old Oct 6, 2012, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 08Lancer89
Mine was Doing the same thing I flushed the trans and put new fluid it fixed the problem. The clutches were Slipping
Yep, did that and the SST has been improving since, still has slippage though. I even did a mineral oil flush.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

So I picked up the new bracket yesterday and installed it today. I also installed a new serpatine belt. Changed teh rear diff oil. You need a 10mm allen and a 24mm wrench. Was really easy to do.

I got the jdm crash bar and we primer it and then painted it.

As you can see I attached some pictures of what we did and how it looks. I have the front and rear sway bars set at medium and the car feels amazing. The front sway bar makes a huge difference.

If you have any questions please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Fuego's Project Car!-img_1611.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-img_1613.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-img_1616.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-img_1617.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-img_1618.jpg  

Last edited by Fuego; Oct 9, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad to hear the dealership finally got their head out of their *** and ordered you that crash beam.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Glad to hear the dealership finally got their head out of their *** and ordered you that crash beam.

I ordered it from Las Cruses, NM. They are so much nicer then the one's here in El Paso. Once I get your air intake i'm taking my car there for the transmission issue. They were more than willing to help me. Then when that is all done I need to make an appointment with the body shop to get that all done. I'm thinking of doing the UR DP (which I have) but need the UR HFC and a Borla Exhaust.

Hoping to do the EVO X Swap by christmas and I won't do Rims and Tires till next year sometime. After that it will just be minor stuff here and there.

For the Evo X I need the UICP, LICP, Intake, EBC, and a better BOV like Synapses or Tial.

I really love how the RA handles with both the front and rear swar bar changed. I also think that the front swaybar needs the whiteline lateral sway bar locks.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

just a quick update. On Tuesday I plan to bring my car to the other dealership and lets see what they say about my transmission. It's seems to be getting better but if they can remedy it, I would be on happy happy owner :-) As you all know I do love the car and it drives amazingly. Just have to remedy the issue with the springs by getting SWIFT spring 8k front and rear for the BC racing coil overs. I also need the whiteline lateral sway bar locks and will be golden in the suspension area. I have the UR DP, HFC and just need my Borla. :-)
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

So the car is at the dealer today in Las Cruses, NM. So lets hope all goes well!

In the mean time, no matter what happens i'm going to continue with the Evo X turbo upgrade.

So I ordered the Synapse DV kit from Chris@nolimitmotors
I was able to find a blem ETS air intake and I ordered a Grimmspeed EBC from ETS Michael
I also ordered the front swaybar laterial locks for my front sway bar from MAP

Now I need my Borla to finish up the exhaust system and a baseline tune for I can install my upgrades and be able to drive around till I can get a full tune. I also have to check everything I have for the turbo to make sure that everything is there and if i'm missing anything then I need to order it. I also still have to bring it to the body shop. Man when it's done from there it should look amazing. :-)
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

So my car transmission has now been escalated up to Mitsu regional tech support. Man I hope all goes well. That was the last update i got today.

So all I need to order for the turbo upgrade is the sparkplugs, the gaskets for the turbo and the borla. A friend of mine gave me a small battery which I need to test. Is there anything else that I am forgetting? I'm working on getting a base tune for all the stuff so I can e-tune when it's all done.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

are you gonna be using new gaskets for your evox tubo swap?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there a certain part number they have to use? or different process?

i took the part numbers i found into my dealer and had no dice...

I got the jdm crash bar and we primer it and then painted it.

If you have any questions please let me know.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spekil
are you gonna be using new gaskets for your evox tubo swap?
Yes, I will be using all new gaskets.

Exhaust manifold gasket : 1555A417
Turbo to Manifold gasket: 1515A184
O2 Housing gasket: 1555A289
Evo X Spark Plugs: 1822A021

Rockauto has the spark plugs and the Evo X exhaust manifold.
Not sure where I'm going to order the other stuff yet.

I spray all gaskets with Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket Hi Temp Adhesive Sealant. I use this on all and I mean all gaskets. Head gaskets, exhaust, intake, and any other gasket.

Originally Posted by robyn402
Is there a certain part number they have to use? or different process?

i took the part numbers i found into my dealer and had no dice...
Your dealer will not be able to look it up in their C.A.P.S. program. They will have to contact the California (or Washington, I can't remember which) PDC directly and arrange for an international order using that part number. It can and has been done multiple times. Your dealership is just being lazy. Part should cost right around $225-275, iirc., depending on how much they decide to mark it up, of course.

Japanparts is a great source for many hard to find JDM items, but when it comes to authentic Mitsu parts, it will ALWAYS be cheaper to order through the dealership. Initial pricing may be slightly higher, but there should be NO additional shipping charges whatsoever.
This is what worked for me on the crash bar!

Last edited by Fuego; Oct 31, 2012 at 08:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Fuego's Project Car!