Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

GST Basemap Help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GST Basemap Help

I need help flashing my ecu. I just ordered my Tactrix cable and AMS Boost pill.
Ive Downloaded ecu flash and im trying to load the GST basement just to try it before i actually flash my car. I cant seem to figure out how to load the map. When i download the file it is in the format of .hex. Im so confused and dont know how to load it in ecu flash. Ive read pretty much everything and still cant figure it out. If anyone can help i would really appreciate it. Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't feel bad, both myself and a mechanic friend of mine couldn't figure it out either. We finally got some help from one of the moderators(thanks Kyle) on this forum and he was able to walk us through the last few steps. The GST basemaps are great, but there really isn't a step-by-step guide for how to download them, so if you're not familiar with ECU Flash(which we weren't), it can be a bit frustrating. I'd tell you how we did it, but even now after doing it once I'm not sure if I could duplicate what we did without some additional trial and error. You might want to post your question in the GST Basemap "thread", and maybe somebody reading that would be willing to post a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to actually load the maps onto the car's ECU via the laptop and Tactix cable.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Slee256
Don't feel bad, both myself and a mechanic friend of mine couldn't figure it out either. We finally got some help from one of the moderators(thanks Kyle) on this forum and he was able to walk us through the last few steps. The GST basemaps are great, but there really isn't a step-by-step guide for how to download them, so if you're not familiar with ECU Flash(which we weren't), it can be a bit frustrating. I'd tell you how we did it, but even now after doing it once I'm not sure if I could duplicate what we did without some additional trial and error. You might want to post your question in the GST Basemap "thread", and maybe somebody reading that would be willing to post a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to actually load the maps onto the car's ECU via the laptop and Tactix cable.
Ok thanks dude. I will definitely post this. Very frustrating lol been trying all day
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:57 PM
Day

Ecu For Dummies
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Day
Read that about 3 times lol. Maybe I'm not cutout for this. Thank btw ill read it one more time
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by jlog1506
Read that about 3 times lol. Maybe I'm not cutout for this. Thank btw ill read it one more time
Going over Merlin's guide is helfpul too.
http://www.evoscan.com/ecuflash/Merl...ersion%20K.pdf