Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Possible new owner

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 08:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Possible new owner

Hey guys, I'm currently looking into trading in my 2010 GenCoupe Turbo in for a 2014 Ralliart. Just joined the site to learn about the car before I make my final move. My GC currently is sitting around the 300whp mark, so I already know that I'll be going into a slower car, but the good part is that the engine is familiar since the Gen shares the same engine design and I'll have a car that suits being a DD better in all weather as my car is horrible in the winter. I just hope that if I get the car I can get it to be just as fast as easily/cheaply as my Gen had been.

I hope the financing works out and doesn't kill me since I would really like to be driving an RA.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 04:40 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by strykr
Hey guys, I'm currently looking into trading in my 2010 GenCoupe Turbo in for a 2014 Ralliart. Just joined the site to learn about the car before I make my final move. My GC currently is sitting around the 300whp mark, so I already know that I'll be going into a slower car, but the good part is that the engine is familiar since the Gen shares the same engine design and I'll have a car that suits being a DD better in all weather as my car is horrible in the winter. I just hope that if I get the car I can get it to be just as fast as easily/cheaply as my Gen had been.

I hope the financing works out and doesn't kill me since I would really like to be driving an RA.
Hi,

I'm moving your post to the Ralliart forum. There you can get current owners feedback which may help your decision. Welcome!

Bob
Old Nov 24, 2013, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stoxk for stock that ralliart will wax a gen coupe. It kills me those first gen ones were only 210hp in a 3000lb+ 2 door car!
What did it take you to get to 300w hp since I've read about a lot of engine problems at that point?
With the ralliart you should have a much easier time since you can do a x turbo swap and the ic swap etc etc.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 08:29 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well the engine is actually very well built (mitsu/Hyundai/dodge) all worked together on it. The reason people were blowing them up was because cylinder 4 runs lean do to a design flaw in the intake runner for that cylinder.

To get the 300whp I changed to a Kinugawa TD05-18G turbo, full 3" catless exhaust, Dynojet CMD, 750cc injectors and still never installed the FMIC.

I have no doubt that I will be able to increase the power on the ralliart easily.

What are some known issues with these cars other then the ACD pump?