Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Installation of Heated Seats - Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Installation of Heated Seats - Question

I installed the seats. There was an extra unused connector under each seat that fit the new seats. Good.

I installed the switches (came with the harness) in the center console. Good.

There was only one unused connector (four wires) that the harness fit. Uh...

BUT!
There are two more connectors off the switch harness THAT I CANNOT FIND WHERE THEY GO!
1. Two wire connector (a black and a blue wire)
2. Five wire connector (Yellow, Green, Black, Blue, and white wires)

The car already had a 30 amp fuse in the slot for the seat heat... huh?
but no relay in the slot.

What is the part number for the relay?

What else do I need to finish installation?

I read the threads on previous people installing them - but am stymied by the extra connectors...

Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can try to grab some pics of my factory heated seats if no one else is more help. are the extra connections at the fuse box or switches in center console area? Pics might help
Old Jul 1, 2014, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Center console. As you lift the cup holder/parking brake cover and see the switch wiring - just take pix of where each connector goes under that cover.

Thanks for being willing to do this!
Old Jul 3, 2014, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry veronica, I have not had time to tear it apart. but i did find the schematics for heated seats in the RA.
Attached Files
Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Yep, thanks!

I did have this schematic with me - I 'hoped' someone would say, "Those connectors you need are (under the carpet)" or "You need one more wire harness that goes from the console to the..."

For now - I assume I need two more wire harnesses.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to raid your thread, it annoyed me that there was no solution. Didn't want to start my own. I am unsure of what 5 pin extra connector you are talking about so I decided to show you how I did mine.

Anyhow............

I found a crashed Lancer with the leather interior at the Wreckers and got a great deal for the whole interior. I swapped the whole lot with the original velour interior in my Ralliart.

I had to keep going back and getting bits that I thought I didn't need, and some of those were the wiring harnesses that controlled the heated leather seats.

Since the car was a mess, it was difficult to trace back all the wiring to the stock fuse box. I cut the harness and just took all the connectors home.

After scouring this site and waiting for other people to do it I finally got it all together. Big help from those on this site that uploaded the heated seat wiring diagrams. I still found it confusing, but with some help I got it all working.

So, I've decided to make it easy for DIY people and show you all how I did it, without having to figure out how the Wiring Diagram from the service manual works.

I ran power wires with a fuse from the battery instead of going through the stock relay and interior fuse box, it was much easier.

I didn't hook up the illumination lights, I decided it wasn't necessary.

It might not be the greatest install, but it worked for me and I have no issues.
The heaters are probably too warm for where I live but meh, I have fancy seats.

You will need:
  • 2 x intact front seats with the heating elements in them. (One of mine was retrimmed because the air bag deployed)
  • All of the wiring harnesses with the connectors.
    2 x black connectors from under each of the seats (yellow is airbag)
  • The Hi/Low control switch in the centre console. Do not forget the connector and wiring harness attached to this, it's the most important.
  • A 40A relay and holder
  • 30A fuse and holder
  • Extra wire in different colours, heat shrink, electrical tape, crimps and assorted blade connectors, solder. I try to do this properly because I don't want to do it twice and I don't like my car being on fire.
Installation of Heated Seats - Question-wyouqnf.jpg

Installation of Heated Seats - Question-cqpur9s.jpg

Installation of Heated Seats - Question-g4c4am0.jpg

Installation of Heated Seats - Question-hjeo4i3.jpg

Installation of Heated Seats - Question-qy2ewdu.jpg

Installation of Heated Seats - Question-ycw4twd.jpg

Last edited by Rokpapaziz; Aug 2, 2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!

Excellent post - just what I needed!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 03:12 PM

he connector and wiring harness attached to the hi/lo switch

Hello, my name is Andreas from Cyprus!

I have been desperately looking for some info on where to find the harness attached to the heated switch control, I have bought the switch and some aftermarket elements that have their own switches, but I would like to use the original switch, I assume my electrician would have no problem using the original switch if I took him the harness that connects to it, but it seems impossible to find its part number in the diagrams, is it possible that the car has this already as a blank?

Many thanks,

Andreas.

Originally Posted by Rokpapaziz
Sorry to raid your thread, it annoyed me that there was no solution. Didn't want to start my own. I am unsure of what 5 pin extra connector you are talking about so I decided to show you how I did mine.

Anyhow............

I found a crashed Lancer with the leather interior at the Wreckers and got a great deal for the whole interior. I swapped the whole lot with the original velour interior in my Ralliart.

I had to keep going back and getting bits that I thought I didn't need, and some of those were the wiring harnesses that controlled the heated leather seats.

Since the car was a mess, it was difficult to trace back all the wiring to the stock fuse box. I cut the harness and just took all the connectors home.

After scouring this site and waiting for other people to do it I finally got it all together. Big help from those on this site that uploaded the heated seat wiring diagrams. I still found it confusing, but with some help I got it all working.

So, I've decided to make it easy for DIY people and show you all how I did it, without having to figure out how the Wiring Diagram from the service manual works.

I ran power wires with a fuse from the battery instead of going through the stock relay and interior fuse box, it was much easier.

I didn't hook up the illumination lights, I decided it wasn't necessary.

It might not be the greatest install, but it worked for me and I have no issues.
The heaters are probably too warm for where I live but meh, I have fancy seats.

You will need:
  • 2 x intact front seats with the heating elements in them. (One of mine was retrimmed because the air bag deployed)
  • All of the wiring harnesses with the connectors.
    2 x black connectors from under each of the seats (yellow is airbag)
  • The Hi/Low control switch in the centre console. Do not forget the connector and wiring harness attached to this, it's the most important.
  • A 40A relay and holder
  • 30A fuse and holder
  • Extra wire in different colours, heat shrink, electrical tape, crimps and assorted blade connectors, solder. I try to do this properly because I don't want to do it twice and I don't like my car being on fire.

Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

The switch I bought off ebay had both - switch and harness (I got lucky, I guess!)

Mine had much of the wiring already even though it is a Base Model. Just pull the center console cover (easy to do) and you 'should' see at least one unused 5 wire connector. If you see two more unused connectors please let me now where they go!

And if you do not have them already, please let me know how you hook up the other two connectors (ask the electrician which connector and where he had to join up with). Any more help is appreciated.

Good luck!
Old Sep 2, 2021, 05:48 PM

I have

Originally Posted by Veronica
The switch I bought off ebay had both - switch and harness (I got lucky, I guess!)

Mine had much of the wiring already even though it is a Base Model. Just pull the center console cover (easy to do) and you 'should' see at least one unused 5 wire connector. If you see two more unused connectors please let me now where they go!

And if you do not have them already, please let me know how you hook up the other two connectors (ask the electrician which connector and where he had to join up with). Any more help is appreciated.

Good luck!
3 extra cables

I have these three extra wires.