Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

"Engine Splash Shield" What fits?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Engine Splash Shield" What fits?

Since i just got quoted just shy of 200 USD, or 150 pound, for a new one (part number 5379A167) i think i should source a... used part. Now.. There is none listed anywhere for "my" car, so now i wonder if a replacement can be found on a different vehicle spec? Something like 1.8L Lancers, for example. Truth be told, i'll just break it again next winter, so if the "new" one has a few marks on it, i'll live with it. There is a few on eBay for about a quarter the price, but either doesn't ship to Sweden, or, since it's rather large, has as high a shipping fee, as it costs, and while it still turns out to be cheaper then my retailers quote, if "other" models have the same part, i can "probably" score something for a 10'th of the price, and as much in shipping... I'd rather spend the savings on the rest of the parts my ride needs.

Just for reference, i got this picture from my retailer: (It's the big plastic bit in the middle i need...)
Attached Thumbnails "Engine Splash Shield" What fits?-hasplast.png  
Old Apr 21, 2017, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here you go:

http://www.sspperformance.com/evo-x-...nderpanel.html

https://www.maperformance.com/produc...iart-ssp_ut_ra

You're welcome!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I run the SSP metal undertray and it works well for me. My car is lowered and the stock plastic one was destroyed.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

WTF will be coming out with a RA version shortly but same concept
https://www.wtftuned.com/collections...ertray-2-piece
Old Apr 21, 2017, 08:33 PM

Ick! Wow! I don't know what to think. I want one. I don't want to pay for one.
All of the front and side mounts, is just stuck to "plastic" parts, right? Towards the rear, it bolts on to the "frame", i think?
The cut out is for an actually lifting point on this car? I should have known, would have helped immensely a few times. If one gets one of these, and takes out that cut out, should one arrange for a cover to it as well?
I've mailed them to get a figure on shipping. Sort of certain it's freaking expensive on top of the starting price, but... one to rule them all, i suppose?

Originally Posted by Raikiri
WTF will be coming out with a RA version shortly but same concept
https://www.wtftuned.com/collections...ertray-2-piece
Not entirely certain what to think about this one. It's still plastic, like the original one, Instead of being two parts split just behind the front lip, it's split down the middle. Would if be significantly better then the original, considering that it's going to cost me almost twice as much after shipping and all to Sweden.

WTF tunings site is scary to visit, i want injectors, and a e85 tune. *turns pockets inside out*
Cant say my pockets are stuffed, and i'm still hungry.

Reference for those that didn't get the crappy joke:

Thank you guys A LOT for the links. Not exactly what i was asking for, but in so many ways, better.
B!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by -=Mr B=-
Ick! Wow! I don't know what to think. I want one. I don't want to pay for one.
All of the front and side mounts, is just stuck to "plastic" parts, right? Towards the rear, it bolts on to the "frame", i think?
The cut out is for an actually lifting point on this car? I should have known, would have helped immensely a few times. If one gets one of these, and takes out that cut out, should one arrange for a cover to it as well?
B!
It's sturdy I'll give it that. The SSP one I have is scratched up from the car bottoming out from time to time.

It screws in to most of the factory mounting points in the plastic and yes it does bolt to the frame in the rear

The cutout will be open for the front jack point of the car and can be left covered or uncovered it's up to you. I leave mine covered since I dont want to scoop up any snow during the winters and I cant even use the front point anymore anyway since my floor jack wont fit under the front bumper anymore. I jack up my car on the sides now.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by -=Mr B=-

WTF tunings site is scary to visit, i want injectors, and a e85 tune. *turns pockets inside out*
Cant say my pockets are stuffed, and i'm still hungry.

B!
I ordered a good amount of stuff from the owner of the website since he's the one tuning my car after my X swap. Good company for sure and they know their stuff. I got a fuel pump and injectors from him and my next step will be their flexfuel kit
Old Apr 22, 2017, 04:12 PM

I could see my self taking that route. But for full effect i suppose one needs a bigger snail to. And shipping my car to them for the tuning, would be a pain.
Anyway, i'm going to spend part of this summer counting on my fingers, and see what i can come up with. A bolt on flexi-fuel adaptation, would be nice.
B!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

I'm in a different part of the country then they are. We're doing the tune over emails lol. E-tuning is a very viable option nowadays