Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RA Mods and reliability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RA Mods and reliability

Hey guys,

I got a 09 RA that is stock with 110k. I service the car about every 20k for fluids on diffs and SST. I use full syn every 4k cause i get a deal on it. Anyways, I am looking to do a couple mods (boost pill, GST Map, cbe) and wanted to know if anyone has any issues on any higher mileage RAs with or with out mods? Also, is the GST map still the way to go or is there other tunes out now? I haven't looked in to it for a few years as life starting taking over and not finding much on the search although i didn't try that hard. Thanks in advance
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you take good care of your car and keep up with the maintenance schedule and get a good tune you will be ok! My car has been on a dominator 2.0 turbo for around 75k miles and the engine and tranny are still strong! Just install them correctly, and get a decent tune and have fun with it.

As far as the boost pill with some bolt ons I think the GST map is still the way to go unless you want someone else to tune your car....you may waste money though. I had mine on that tune for awhile before I upgraded turbos etc.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wao seeing people with such high mileages and no issues gives me some piece of mind with my 2015. * Not my first RA I had a 2009 before.

To the Original Popster. I think you will have to do it and make some history in the forum. Good luck.
Look at my mod list that is a very simple setup and the car improves greatly.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, I bought the car with 18k from an older lady and it was her husbands. She got rid of it due to transmission issues and the car was at the dealer for 2 months gettting a new trans and realized she no longer needed it. Ever since i got it, just made sure to stay on top of maintenance. Only issue i have ever had was the radiator leaking and someone hitting my bumper in a parking lot. Ill give it a go. Ordered a tactrix cable and a boost pill. Will see if i can find a Evo X fmic.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Wasatch Turbo Factory has an e-tune light version for mildly modded cars that's always an option too. Highly recommend them. They're tuning my 20g swapped RA right now