Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Boost leak? cobb stage 3

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost leak? cobb stage 3

Hey guys so i was hoping someone could help me out. So i have a 10 ralliart that is Cobb stage 3. Downpipe, Midpipe, Borla cat back, evox bov, evox fmic and licp, ultimate racing uicp. grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb stage 3 tune. Pretty much everywhere i read that if i used the new ebcs that i should take the boost pill out so that it has more control over the boost. Well i did that and i went from 20s psi to almost pushing 10psi. ive checked everything 4 times over. i even bought new vacuum lines and made sure they were tight. Still cant figure out what is wrong. idk if i should put the pill back in maybe. idk let me know some suggestions.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Just to verify you have flashed a map that can support he EBCS right?
The tune needs to reflect this change.
I know your saying cobb stage 3 but lets just get on the same page, just wanna make sure.

The next thing to check is the piping for the EBCS.
Make sure you understand the port layout and have a goo schematic.
I used a grimmspeed(like you) their website was confusing and when I did mine I piped it backwards.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I used the Cobb stage 3 93 map with the accessport. And it is is supposed to be used with the Cobb ebcs. But I would rather use the grimmspeed. And you're right it is very confusing but I'm still using the T splitter and that might be my issue. I follow a YouTube video on how to hook it up so I'll have to double check that. But would that really cut my psi in half? I feel like if it were backwards would you overboost? I have no idea I'm definitely not an expert and to be honest everything I do I just look it up on YouTube. Which is why I didn't run new straight vacuum line.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes it will result in low boost, it will overboost if you put the turbo nipple on anything other than port 3 *I believe*.
You gotta understand the system.
Boost from the turbo nipple is plumbed back to the WGA to actuate it and cut boost when signaled by the EBCS

If you have the system setup wrong you are sending boost to the WGA before you actually want it.

There should be NO T's in the system unless you have a boost gauge. And definitely no Boost pills. You are best off running fresh vaccum lines IMO So you cna go back to stock if neccesary much easier.

Port 3(the Vertical nipple) Goes to the Turbo Nipple.
If you hold the EBCS So that nipple is pointing towards you and the Wires are dangling toward the ground Port Will be the Right Nipple and Port 1 The left.
Port 2 Goes to you WGA
And Port 1 goes to your intake nipple.

There is no reason to not run a Grimmspeed with cobb and Vice versa.
They are the exact same valve actuated the same way.
If You are super cheap you can buy an industrial solenoid source some nipples and come up maybe 20-30 bucks cheaper than Cobb or Grimmspeed, but then the wiring isn't as clean.

Good Luck and be sure to report back if you are succesful