Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Heat Shield Rattle?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heat Shield Rattle?

New owner ( about 4 months in ) and I've noticed a few things... Anyone else? Or am I nuttier than squirrel turds.

1. There is a heat shield that has been rattling the last few weeks... Think I have narrowed it down to the one over the exhaust manifold on the top of the back side of the engine... Can anyone confirm if you've had this happen before? Bolts are tight and it slides around... again is that normal or is something worn ( was going to fix with 2 stainless washers or a couple of high temp rubber washers )

2. Splash Shield. Damn this thing and driving in snow... Front one is hanging low... Is there a better aftermarket alternative?

3. Living in Maine I have noticed that even on plastic parts, there are tiny orange rust spots appearing on the paint... It is not rusting through or anything on the metal parts, if anything it's more prevalent on the plastic parts. I can rub them out easy enough and just figured it was something in the paint reacting with the salt from the roads, anyone else have this issue?

4. These things are BEASTS IN THE SNOW!

5. Anyone done any plasti dip on their cars that have some pictures? I have an all white Lancer Ralliart SportBack... Wanted to do the lower front lip in black, side skirts in black, and front hood scoop in black.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
1. If it that heat shield gettign teh bolts out will be problematic, they are straight into the manifold. I had the most success by letting the car warm up and then attacking the bolts, then half way through warmed the car up some more.
2. There is an aluminum for the Evo X that will fit our cars.
4. #truth
5. Check the exterior part of the forum, this has been cover ad nauseum
Old Mar 27, 2018, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
1. I had good luck by just bending that heat shield so it stopped rattling. Try that first.
2. There are Ralliart-specifc undertrays that are metal.
3. ?
4. Yeah!
5. There are plenty of pix in the forum. My car is black - so no help. SRY.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
1. Upgrade to the WTF heat shields
2. SSP Metal undertray or WTF FRP undertray

3. Can’t help you
4. Winter tires on these things almost makes them godlike
5. Not me