Notices

Full BBK (Front and Rear)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by velocityhead
I thought you were full of BS at first but our currencies ARE almost identical right now. Even salaries for common jobs are about on par with one another. You guys are getting ****ed!
Yep, as always. Another prime example of this is that Ford Aus has bought in a limited number of the Focus RS. When you do a direct conversion from GBP to AUD the car "should" retail for approx $40k aus, BUT Ford are selling it for $65k

Most recent currency update AU$1 = US$0.9995. This is the first time in weeks we've dropped below the US$

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
The irony is that I am looking to have this made in Australia.
What company is looking at doing them for you (you can PM me if you want)?
If you can get F&R for under $2k I'd be very interested to do the upgrade myself (especially if I can purchase them from you while they're still in Aus so I don't have to pay import duty (25% additional + 10% GST)).

By the middle of the year I will hopefully be in a position to spend that sort of coin on the car as it's around the time for our Tax returns
Old Jan 5, 2011, 06:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jcm308
If you can get F&R for under $2k I'd be very interested to do the upgrade myself (especially if I can purchase them from you while they're still in Aus so I don't have to pay import duty (25% additional + 10% GST)).
While I can't tell you who is doing it, I will let you know when it is done (or getting close) and still in Australia. I plan on updating this thread, periodically. I won't forget.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

While I can't tell you who is doing it, I will let you know when it is done (or getting close) and still in Australia. I plan on updating this thread, periodically. I won't forget.
No worries. Keep me in the loop mate.
Just wanting to make sure it's a known company doing the work that's all

Also if they're in Sydney and need a test fit car I'd be more than willing to offer my services
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Nice work mate and good to see someone take the initiative to sort something like this!

While I've already got the MRT bbk (which is made by a third party in Australia) might be keen on something for the rear

Keen to see how this pans out!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:03 AM

Subscribed!!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by billyboy1
While I've already got the MRT bbk (which is made by a third party in Australia) might be keen on something for the rear
This is going to be tricky. We are going to have to make sure that the balance is at least decent. I will have to get back to you on that.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 02:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Mate we get screwed on everything down here............

Even look at the MRT kit, it's a larger 2 piston setup (and currently the cheapest option available for fronts) and it still costs $2300 uninstalled or $2500 installed.

For a "known" brand (Brembo, Stoptech, Alcon etc) in Aus you're looking at
$3500 - $6000 for Fronts and the same for rears, so it's actually $7000 - $12000 for a BBK

Remember also that the RA new in Aus is about $45000 - $55000 (depending on options) driveaway from a dealer (Evo is $60000 (GSR) - $80000 (MR)).

Companies only charge those prices to us cause they can. **** the AU$ has been worth more than the US$ for nearly 2 months now so you can look at those prices as a direct comparison
The MRT kit consist of Corvette calipers with brackets. $2300 is robbery.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Without a doubt, hence why I said we get screwed on EVERYTHING down here (even when it's a local made product).
Old Jan 6, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Yes, but not on a per-product or per-company basis. That's just in line with this country's crazy automotive pricing - especially if you try to compare to current US$.

For example, my replacement "FastKey" key fob cost me $450 from the Mitsu dealer. Any additional comment I can make about THAT would break forum "expletive" rules, trust me.

So I guess the MRT front brake kit costs 5 keyfobs! The "TMR" front brake kit costs 10 key fobs!

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to weep into my overpriced Australian beer ($9 a pint).

Rich
Old Jan 7, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

I'm definitely interested. I was having someone make brackets to fit the evo 9 calipers but it I was told by the fabricator that it probably won't happen. I was hoping it would work so that we would have a cheap option for running brembos. He is still looking at it but it doesn't look good so I'm definitely interested in what NFSlancerRA has to offer.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:18 PM

Subscribed!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TOralliart
I was having someone make brackets to fit the evo 9 calipers but it I was told by the fabricator that it probably won't happen.
What was the hang-up, if you don't mind me asking?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Companies only charge those prices to us cause they can. **** the AU$ has been worth more than the US$ for nearly 2 months now so you can look at those prices as a direct comparison
OMG.... Forget Evos... Ralliart is a dream car category if I lived there...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

What was the hang-up, if you don't mind me asking?
He told me on the phone but it was difficult for me to visualize. I think something with the knuckle being slightly off. He is still trying to make it work but it is definitely not going as he had originally planned.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Interested in how this pans out as well, both for coilovers and a bbk.

On a side note, I thought we got screwed in Canada for pricing... wow... Can $ is at 1.0079 US today, but RA base is $32k, RA premium $36.5k, Evo GSR $42k, MR $52k, plus freight, pdi, fees & taxes.

But, our situation is a bit different. If I drive a couple hundred kms south and cross an invisible line, the prices drop like a stone. That's the painful part.

Quick Reply: Full BBK (Front and Rear)