Notices

eibach pro kits vs tein-s tech lowering springs??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eibach pro kits vs tein-s tech lowering springs??

I've been looking at these 2 lowering springs and was wondering which one do you guys think are the better quality springs?

Also if there are better ones out there can u please post what they are, thanks
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Eibach pro kit will be your better choice. It won't destroy your struts and has a good looking stance. If you don't care about your struts and want to drop it for looks then go Teins.

I had the teins on my gts and it was only a matter of time before my struts went

I have the Pro kit on my RA now.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Slyy
Eibach pro kit will be your better choice. It won't destroy your struts and has a good looking stance. If you don't care about your struts and want to drop it for looks then go Teins.

I had the teins on my gts and it was only a matter of time before my struts went

I have the Pro kit on my RA now.
Lol don't wana ruing my struts like I said which ever is the better quality ones
How much of a drop is it on the pro kit?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

1.2" front and back. Check your PM

Last edited by Slyy; Jan 31, 2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tdotsnipe91
Lol don't wana ruing my struts like I said which ever is the better quality ones
How much of a drop is it on the pro kit?
Quality vs your struts becoming warn is not a 1 to 1 relationship.

Will a lower spring cause wear faster yes, will a 1" drop not cause wear no.

Is a lower spring of lower quality because it causes wear faster no, is a higher spring of better quality because it causes wear slower, no.

Both Tein and Eibachs are quality springs that many people (not just RAs) are running. Your choice should come down to height. I chose the Teins because I dont think the Eibachs are low enough. But thats my preference between the two.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by DaJackson
Quality vs your struts becoming warn is not a 1 to 1 relationship.

Will a lower spring cause wear faster yes, will a 1" drop not cause wear no.

Is a lower spring of lower quality because it causes wear faster no, is a higher spring of better quality because it causes wear slower, no.

Both Tein and Eibachs are quality springs that many people (not just RAs) are running. Your choice should come down to height. I chose the Teins because I dont think the Eibachs are low enough. But thats my preference between the two.
And that's why I made the thread haven't really looked into springs yet so wanted peoples opinions lol yours helped, thanks
Old Jan 31, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tdotsnipe91
I've been looking at these 2 lowering springs and was wondering which one do you guys think are the better quality springs?

Also if there are better ones out there can u please post what they are, thanks
I have a eibach pro kit BNIB for sale, if you are interested.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

I have the eibach prokit and think they're great for a daily driver. I love the stance with the teins, but that extra .75" of drop would have really become annoying in my area. You are comparing two quality companies, but two different amounts of lowering. I think you start with how low you want to go, and then way your options. Since you have the prokit up there, consider Swift...the praise they get is second to none.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Thought I would revive a old thread rather than create a duplicate thread.

I have Tein and I'm actually on the process of going to some stock springs I found for cheap. Then later going prokit unless I did a set of prokit for cheap. Then I might make the straight jump from Tein to prokit. I love the look of the Tein drop but I cringe every time I drive on these northern roads. I had prokit on a past car and they were a good drop. Part of me wants to keep the Tein though.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zippy452
Thought I would revive a old thread rather than create a duplicate thread.

I have Tein and I'm actually on the process of going to some stock springs I found for cheap. Then later going prokit unless I did a set of prokit for cheap. Then I might make the straight jump from Tein to prokit. I love the look of the Tein drop but I cringe every time I drive on these northern roads. I had prokit on a past car and they were a good drop. Part of me wants to keep the Tein though.
The only worthwhile springs are the Swifts. They perform much better than the Eibachs with a similar slight drop and no reduction of ride quality.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 06:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After having coilovers for so long I could never go back to spring/strut set ups.

I used to have Eibachs and they were great for what they were. I wouldn't do S-Techs on stock struts.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Save the money and go with BC Coilovers and be done with it. Lowering your car with springs will put extra strain on the struts/shocks regardless unless you go with a strut/shock that is designed for cars with lowering springs such as Koni or something else. I used to build a lot of cars when living in Germany and my 89 BMW 525i taught me this valuable lesson. From then on it was springs plus struts/shocks or coilovers. I used to get a great deal on KW coilovers since a German friend of mine was a dealer for them and friends with the owner. He was a Rally car driver in Germany for many years.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

ok so after looking up the swifts, I'm really torn. I found someone selling their stock springs for 65 shipped so I'm picking those up just to get off the tein. Hope fully the agressive drop from tein hasn't killed the shocks too much and I will be able to stock tensing when I drive down NY roads and hit the millions of pot holes.

I wasn't even thinking swift before cause (back from my civic days) as far as I knew the were a 2 inch drop as are the tein.

So now who says swift and who says eibach? and y? sorry for the thread hijack but didn't want to create a new one. I just want the 1 inch drop and some decent handling for the occasional spirited mountain run without killing the ride comfort and the piggy bank lol (hence y i haven't considered coil overs)
Old Apr 23, 2015, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

I have had both the Pro-Kit and S-Techs. I absolutely hated the Pro-Kit, not for the ride but because it just didnt lower my car enough. I ended up switching to S-Techs and I absolutely loved them. Ran them for about two years. Still had stock struts at 70,000 miles and never once had an issue. Ive now moved on to air suspension and love being able to adjust my ride height at any time but honestly, if I stayed with springs I woulndt have ever changed from the Teins.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zippy452
So now who says swift and who says eibach? and y?
I've seen quite a few people dislike the Eibachs and I've never seen anyone dislike the Swifts (unless you prefer scraping over handling of course). The material that Swift uses is superior to all the other manufacturers. You get better handling, ride quality that is as good as stock (or even better), and they don't sag at all.
There's a reason why Swifts are offered as upgrades for coilover setups.

Here are a few links:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408367
http://www.bestcoiloverguide.com/swi...ings-worth-it/
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...art-1-5-a.html

Quick Reply: eibach pro kits vs tein-s tech lowering springs??