Notices

Wilwood Superlite BBK for Ralliart with EvoX Rotors.

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These fit the stock RA rims?
Old May 17, 2013, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
TheNewb didn't get rid of his RA, it's just his winter car (PM'ed me).

So all we can do is wait..
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Update? Site is still up and selling them it looks like (Evo 9 Rotor option). http://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/...liart-12.6.htm
Old Feb 25, 2014, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
This is the thing with this wilwood kit. PAD CONTACT. The Evo 9 rotors are a bit bigger than the stock RA rotors (320mm vs 294mm, roughly 1" larger). But look at the pads that the Wilwood kit uses, vs the STOCK RA pads. The stock RA pads have JUST as much pad contact surface area as the wilwood 4 pots that the kit uses, if not more....

Wilwood.........

OEM RA.......

Braking is all about surface area, friction coefficient, hydraulic pressure, and moment arm length. A caliper doesn't increase hydraulic clamping pressure at all. That is determined by the brake master cylinder and booster. So if you aren't getting an increase in rotor diameter and pad contact, how is it really increasing performance? Would you spend $1000 to relocate your stock calipers out to gain .5" of rotor radius? Because that is all this kit is doing. It is literally no different than if someone made a bracket to fit the dinky stock RA calipers to a slightly larger rotor. Not knocking this kit at all, but just trying to help people understand. If you are sticking with the stock pad contact area, there are MUCH cheaper options, like a nice set of stoptech rotors and Hawk pads, which will perform, just as good as this small kit. Either get a big brake kit, or stay stock. spending money on a Wilwood kit that replaces stock calipers with a caliper that takes stock sized brake pads is laughable, in my humble opinion.
Old May 1, 2014, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Whoops! Sorry boy, yes still have the car. Forgot to upload pics.

The economy wilwood kit is based on the evo9 rotor, which works surprisingly well.

I beat on these brakes all winter with zero issues. Just an awesome setup and unlike the factory brakes that would overheat the stock rotors in one good heavy braking session, non of that happens with this kit.

I drive this thing like I stole it and for the money the kit is flat out awesome.

Old May 1, 2014, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Mind you, I'm using, $30 rotors from Napa or something cheesy like that and I'm far more impressed with these brakes then what comes on this car from the factory.

Now imagine this kit, with DS2500 pads and GyroDisc rotors?

PURE SHEX
Old May 2, 2014, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the update. Looks like they survived a ruff winter.

added this review to the BBK list
Old May 2, 2014, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Groovy!!

These were in essence designed for track use, but with softer pads handle street life very well.

NEWB
Old May 6, 2014, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

What rims are those? Looks like they won't clear the calipers if those spacers are not there, correct?
Old May 6, 2014, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mxzas
What rims are those? Looks like they won't clear the calipers if those spacers are not there, correct?
Factory ralliart rims. I use them for winter use but need 25mm neosport spacers.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 03:54 PM

Is it the 12.6" kit in the pictures? Will it clear 17" wheels?

Originally Posted by TheNEWB
Whoops! Sorry boy, yes still have the car. Forgot to upload pics.

The economy wilwood kit is based on the evo9 rotor, which works surprisingly well.

I beat on these brakes all winter with zero issues. Just an awesome setup and unlike the factory brakes that would overheat the stock rotors in one good heavy braking session, non of that happens with this kit.

I drive this thing like I stole it and for the money the kit is flat out awesome.

Old Jun 26, 2015, 06:14 PM

Hey guys,

So, I know it's been a year since the last post on this topic, but I'll revive it anyway.

I just installed this kit in my 298 whp Ralliart, and it worked very nicely in the highway. As soon as I get onshore I'll be testing it on the track.

I'd like to know if you guys have found good rear kits for this front option, like the one NFS was talking about!

Cheers!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
For the rear most just go with the evo x rear brembos proven tested and to work on drews front bbk Kit. Or they just go with upgraded rotors pads lines in the rear.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nast_Nas
For the rear most just go with the evo x rear brembos proven tested and to work on drews front bbk Kit. Or they just go with upgraded rotors pads lines in the rear.
I see. I'm thinking about changing rotors and lines (already have changed the rear pads)... Even though the evo x rear brembos could provide a nice balance to this wilwood front kit also... I wish the topic with the conversion still had all the pictures working
Old Jun 29, 2015, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by caduprado
I see. I'm thinking about changing rotors and lines (already have changed the rear pads)... Even though the evo x rear brembos could provide a nice balance to this wilwood front kit also... I wish the topic with the conversion still had all the pictures working
Are you talking about pictures from the X rear install how-to I posted? All of the pictures I posted there are still up. If you need any input, PM me.

BUT.....
I would not be so certain the X rear setup will work well with the Wilwood kit in this thread. Not to beat a dead horse, but those Wilwood calipers are small, and have a very small pad contact area. I'm not sure which Wilwood calipers these use (what piston size, because they have a few options) but you could shift brake bias too far rearward. I would give Fastbrake a call to see what piston diameter these calipers have.

Quick Reply: Wilwood Superlite BBK for Ralliart with EvoX Rotors.