Notices

Wilwood Superlite BBK for Ralliart with EvoX Rotors.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew314
Are you talking about pictures from the X rear install how-to I posted? All of the pictures I posted there are still up. If you need any input, PM me.

BUT.....
I would not be so certain the X rear setup will work well with the Wilwood kit in this thread. Not to beat a dead horse, but those Wilwood calipers are small, and have a very small pad contact area. I'm not sure which Wilwood calipers these use (what piston size, because they have a few options) but you could shift brake bias too far rearward. I would give Fastbrake a call to see what piston diameter these calipers have.
Thanks for the answer, Drew.

Yes, I was talking about those pictures, but I understand what happened. I've been accessing through my company's PC, which probably blocks the websites where the pics are hosted. Once I disembark from the rig I'm on, I'll check the thread again and maybe call fastbrakes to see the pistons sizes and etc.

I have actually already bought this kit, and installed just a week before coming to work. So far, so good! I could really feel a change, specially fading wise.

Is it the best bbk for the car? Course not, but considering that the shipping to Brazil of any BBK is huge, and that our government is ****ing with our currency, it was either this or nothing.

Maybe the best brake changes on the rear for this kit, bias wise, is just changing rotors, pads and lines then. I'm still on stock rear rotors and lines, but I'm on HAWK HPS pads.

One question I have about this kit, that I'm not sure if anybody could help (don't know if there is many people using it nowadays) is regarding the ferodo pads x rotors. These pads are HUGE and THICK. I hear a strong whistle every time I break on medium going to low speed. A friend of mine told me his rotors lasted only for 2 MONTHS!! The shop he took the car to told him it was due to these much aggressive pads.

Anyone have any experience on that?

Thank you all!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 07:32 AM

wildwood bbk

I'm interested in a set for my 09 ralliart where can I buy them ????
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Dsmpartout.com
I'm interested in a set for my 09 ralliart where can I buy them ????
Here you go! http://www.fastbrakes.com/category_s/207.htm
Old Aug 19, 2015, 05:53 AM

Hey guys, like promised before, here's some update about this kit performance on the track: I really enjoyed it! I didn't compare it with the stock brakes on the track because I didn't have the ***** to take the car to race with stock brakes, as they would fade on the street after some spirit driving.

But this wilwood did its job. After 3 batteries of 45 min each, it never fade, and it braked greatly. Obviously it's not the same as having brembo 6 pot on the front and 4 pot on the rear, but it's still balanced, as I didn't notice any rear/front sliding when braking (all I have on the rear is the hawk hps pads).

However, I took it yesterday to a shop here to have it taken a look before going to the track again this Saturday. They've noticed that one of the calipers is not fully aligned with the rotor. You can see the pistons from one side way more off the caliper than the pistons on the other side of this caliper. I've been told that the brackets will have to be changed, to make this alignment perfect. Their concern is that the piston that gets a little off could move away from the sealing area and the brake fluid could start leaking. This could happen when the pads wears out some more.

I'm having iron brackets made, instead of this aluminum that comes with it, and hopefully correct this misalignment. Maybe I'll change the pads too, as my friend noticed too much wear on his rotors with the ferodo pads. We'll see.

Keep you posted!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
I see they make a 6 piston kit now that fits evo x rotors. http://www.fastbrakes.com/category_s/207.htm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:26 AM

It seems to be worth the price, but it raises 2 questions IMO:

1) In the description it says costumer supplies the rotors. Does that mean that rotors are not included in the 6 pot kit?

2) It will shift the bias forward.. You might wanna think about getting a rear kit if getting this one.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by caduprado
It seems to be worth the price, but it raises 2 questions IMO:

1) In the description it says costumer supplies the rotors. Does that mean that rotors are not included in the 6 pot kit?

2) It will shift the bias forward.. You might wanna think about getting a rear kit if getting this one.
For the first question, that is correct in that they do not come with rotors.

As far as shifting the bias forward, it actually shouldn't shift it forward much at all, even with the 6 piston calipers. If FB has done their homework (I would assume they have), then they would have selected an appropriately sized Wilwood caliper with the correct piston area. Honestly, the biggest drawback with both kits, 4 piston and 6 piston, is the pad contact area. They are very small. Even the 6 piston pads (which are the same exact pads used in the 4 piston kit) are a descent amount smaller than OEM X 4 piston Brembos. You will gain rotor diameter (increasing the moment arm), but have about the same pad contact area as a stock RA pad.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Drew314
For the first question, that is correct in that they do not come with rotors.

As far as shifting the bias forward, it actually shouldn't shift it forward much at all, even with the 6 piston calipers. If FB has done their homework (I would assume they have), then they would have selected an appropriately sized Wilwood caliper with the correct piston area. Honestly, the biggest drawback with both kits, 4 piston and 6 piston, is the pad contact area. They are very small. Even the 6 piston pads (which are the same exact pads used in the 4 piston kit) are a descent amount smaller than OEM X 4 piston Brembos. You will gain rotor diameter (increasing the moment arm), but have about the same pad contact area as a stock RA pad.
Thanks, Drew.

It seems to me, then, that choosing the 6 pot over the 4 pot would be good only for being able to use a larger rotor, increasing the moment arm.

Very good, thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 04:26 PM
c08

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just curious, does anyone who has/had one of these kits know what size spacers are needed to clear the OEM wheels? I saw someone used 25mm spacers but not sure if something smaller would work.