Notices

Ralliart Big Brake Kit (Take 2)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK great news and really keen to get on to the pre order for this front brake kit.

BUT

Since I need to put together a group shipping order, I also need to find other people willing to buy brakes here in Australia so they will have questions that need answers before they commit.

I'd rather want to know when the rear kit will be available OR if indeed the stock EVO X rear brakes will fit.

If the stock rear EVO X brakes do fit Ralliart then the only problem I can see after that is what wheels to use.

I've got EVO X GSR rims so would I be safe to assume all I need is the front brake kit advertised here and by using rear EVO X rotors and calipers it will all work properly even without the EVO X master cylinder?

I personally will want the calipers to be red and say Brembo on them, but I don't see that in your pics. Can this be done?

Thanks guys really appreciate the work that goes into this!
Old May 15, 2013, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rokpapaziz

I personally will want the calipers to be red and say Brembo on them, but I don't see that in your pics. Can this be done?
+1 . I was thinking if I ordered it I'd opt for Brembo Red and stencil brembo with silver/white caliper paint.

It seems the rotors are custom which is my biggest concern. But kudos for giving us an option at all.
Old May 16, 2013, 01:21 AM

Will OEM RA rims fit?
Old May 16, 2013, 03:05 AM

Thank you guys so much for developing such a kit. I've PMed Jason with my purchase info. However, I have some noob question.

What kind of brake lines are provided with the kit? braided steel lines? or something similar? If I have aftermarket brake lines for the Ralliart, will they fit this setup? The brake lines I have are a direct replacement to the stock Ralliart brake lines just that it's braided steel.

Also, can you provide the exact part number for the rotors and pads of this kit so we can look for them when the original set wears out?

Thank you guys so much. I am really looking forward to this kit.
Old May 16, 2013, 04:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rokpapaziz
OK great news and really keen to get on to the pre order for this front brake kit.

BUT

Since I need to put together a group shipping order, I also need to find other people willing to buy brakes here in Australia so they will have questions that need answers before they commit.

I'd rather want to know when the rear kit will be available OR if indeed the stock EVO X rear brakes will fit.

If the stock rear EVO X brakes do fit Ralliart then the only problem I can see after that is what wheels to use.

I've got EVO X GSR rims so would I be safe to assume all I need is the front brake kit advertised here and by using rear EVO X rotors and calipers it will all work properly even without the EVO X master cylinder?

Thanks guys really appreciate the work that goes into this!
That's great to hear! I have a few people already contacting me on clubcj.net

Send me your info and I'll have a group buy setup with you for Australia.

For rims, they must be minimum EvoX size (ie. GSR Enkei/MR BBS/Equivalent or larger). These will not work with stock Ralliart rims.

In regards to the EvoX rear setup...indeed EvoX rear OEM Brembo bolt right on. You can either source your own, or we can quote you the rear setup if you prefer simplicity. As mentioned by Eric, they are quite pricey no matter where you get them from.
Old May 16, 2013, 04:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ApeIron2012
Thank you guys so much for developing such a kit. I've PMed Jason with my purchase info. However, I have some noob question.

What kind of brake lines are provided with the kit? braided steel lines? or something similar? If I have aftermarket brake lines for the Ralliart, will they fit this setup? The brake lines I have are a direct replacement to the stock Ralliart brake lines just that it's braided steel.

Also, can you provide the exact part number for the rotors and pads of this kit so we can look for them when the original set wears out?

Thank you guys so much. I am really looking forward to this kit.
Your brake lines for the Ralliart should be fine but ill let Erix confirm. I can't imagine there's an issue.
Old May 16, 2013, 08:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Eric confirmed existing lines will work!
Old May 16, 2013, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i've got 18x8 so no issues there i was just curious if they'll actually fill up some of that large unsitly gap between the oem rotor and rim... haha

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
He meant smaller. They are 13.5" in diameter. The hope was that they would work with 17" wheels. The jury is still out on that one. They should work with Evo 8/9 stockers.
Old May 16, 2013, 04:54 PM
Former Sponsor

I am in the process of sending rotor and pad specs to several distributors. Replacement parts will be readily available.

I also have a huge surprise for the RA community next week.
Old May 16, 2013, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

I am in the process of sending rotor and pad specs to several distributors. Replacement parts will be readily available.

Sounds good
Old May 16, 2013, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SSP Jason
That's great to hear! I have a few people already contacting me on clubcj.net

Send me your info and I'll have a group buy setup with you for Australia.

For rims, they must be minimum EvoX size (ie. GSR Enkei/MR BBS/Equivalent or larger). These will not work with stock Ralliart rims.

In regards to the EvoX rear setup...indeed EvoX rear OEM Brembo bolt right on. You can either source your own, or we can quote you the rear setup if you prefer simplicity. As mentioned by Eric, they are quite pricey no matter where you get them from.
So if I'm reading this right we can not run stock ralliart wheels with this kit? I have my winter tires on the stock wheels. If I can't use those with this kit I'm screwed.
Old May 16, 2013, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Your going to give me a FREE BBK? What a wonderful surprise. God knows I could use the stopping power... coming down from 150 took a bit today. lol
Old May 16, 2013, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

thats a good point as i do the same thing... any idea the minimum offset for this kit?

wonder if spacers would do the trick in the winter

Originally Posted by badchad23
So if I'm reading this right we can not run stock ralliart wheels with this kit? I have my winter tires on the stock wheels. If I can't use those with this kit I'm screwed.
Old May 17, 2013, 06:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by badchad23
You can run them with some serious spacers.
Old May 17, 2013, 06:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EyeDreamt
Your going to give me a FREE BBK? What a wonderful surprise. God knows I could use the stopping power... coming down from 150 took a bit today. lol
Better than that.

Quick Reply: Ralliart Big Brake Kit (Take 2)