Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The rotors have to be custom made.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
O okay, so sstevojr and i just needs the brackets and the rotors???
I hope this kit follows through.
I'm super excited!!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
Oh so this isn't made for the IX or X rotor?
I might need to rethink this, custom rotors means expensive replacements

Last edited by sstevojr; Oct 23, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Oh so this isn't made for the IX or X rotor?
I might need to rethink this, custom rotors means expensive replacements
Not necessarily. I am working on that.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jasoob
I'm making sure it's affordable. Much more than any other out there.

Obviously, the big-boss Kris@SSP has to approve everything first. For now, things are preliminary but looking good

I'm going to be testing everything on my car and NFS will be doing his own testing as well.
That is good news. The last thing I need to do is spend more money on my car, but I know I will, so this is really good news. I'm getting excited!!!!!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, anyone with the current Z06 upgrade can get just the rear portion to complete the set.

In speaking with Eric tonight, we've mutually decided the following:

BBK 1) A 4-piston front system that retains rear rotors with an upgraded rear caliper. This is a really serious upgrade and the primary kit we will be doing. It has unbelievable stopping power. Eric has found an amazing system to use and I'll really be able to keep costs down.

BBK 2) The 'flagship' kit that will be much, much more costly and unnecessary for most applications. It is a revamp of his original Z06 kit with a huge rear upgrade. Rear rotors need to be custom made but we'll ensure to stock them for future availability. This will be made/ordered on an as-per basis and require more time for production.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Sounds cool.

One thing to review is the suitability of the factory brake master cylinder. When my mechanic fitted the C6 front kit to my RA, he measured the BMS size, looked up "base" Lancer size as well as the Evolution X BMS size. He noted that the existing BMS size would happily pass muster for the C6 caliper replacement.

However, he also mentioned that the Powers That Be (ie. Dept of Transport here) are all over BMS sizings when reviewing big brake kit application forms. They review existing BMS size, compare to related "higher spec" vehicle BMS sizes, and would not hesitate to knock back BBK applications at the paperwork stage if the BMS size was deemed to be inadequate.

So... SSP might want to progress a BMS upgrade kit in parallel. It might come in very handy...

Rich
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:40 AM

Very interested. Subscribed!!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

Rich,

We don't have those issues here but I understand for your sake and over-seas this might be more important.

The ony thing is, the 4-piston kit which will be the one everyone will be getting is made to perform like the EvoX Brembo's. our BMS in the RA's is the same as the EvoX.

But I do understand what you are saying in regards to the 6-piston and we'll look into a BMS upgrade for you.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by richardjh
Sounds cool.

One thing to review is the suitability of the factory brake master cylinder. When my mechanic fitted the C6 front kit to my RA, he measured the BMS size, looked up "base" Lancer size as well as the Evolution X BMS size. He noted that the existing BMS size would happily pass muster for the C6 caliper replacement.

However, he also mentioned that the Powers That Be (ie. Dept of Transport here) are all over BMS sizings when reviewing big brake kit application forms. They review existing BMS size, compare to related "higher spec" vehicle BMS sizes, and would not hesitate to knock back BBK applications at the paperwork stage if the BMS size was deemed to be inadequate.

So... SSP might want to progress a BMS upgrade kit in parallel. It might come in very handy...

Rich
I thought about that. The piston area will mimic the stock specs as closely as possible.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasoob
our BMS in the RA's is the same as the EvoX.
Do you know this for certain, hand-on-heart, swear-on-mother's-grave definite?

The service manual stuff I've got hold of lists "2.0 non-turbo" and "2.4 non-turbo" braking specs, but is frustratingly devoid of Ralliart brake info. I obviously don't have the exact right selection of docs. This means I'm in the dark on this... not where I like to be, lol.

Rich
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:33 AM

subscribed. moneys burning a hole in my pocket already.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

The service manual stuff I've got hold of lists "2.0 non-turbo" and "2.4 non-turbo" braking specs, but is frustratingly devoid of Ralliart brake info. I obviously don't have the exact right selection of docs. This means I'm in the dark on this... not where I like to be, lol.

Rich
I will look into it with Eric but the Ralliart's are mostly the same except for major items like brakes, suspension and turbo. The BMS, engine internals, electronics, etc. are all the same. It's the same platform.

Our 4-piston will mimic almost everything about the X Brembo kit which is similar to the StopTech kit. Not BMS upgrade required for either of those.

Also, people are currently running the 6-piston upgrade without issues.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

I found this after looking around, I think they are different:

Ralliart Master Brake Assembly:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-MITSUBI...-/220590416551

EvoX Brembo Master Brake Assembly:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-10-MITS...9c35ef&vxp=mtr

The reservoir is also larger and the fitment seems different. Now, is that to say the hydraulic power is greater/lesser, I have no idea.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Rich
They are different. The Ralliart BMC will work fine with this upgrade. It is just a matter of selecting the correct calipers (which I have done).

Quick Reply: Ralliart Big Brake Kit (Take 2)