Notices

AMS Lancer Ralliart with and FP Red installed... SST loves it!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice.

I noticed that you upgraded to DW 800s. Do we know what the stock Ralliart injector size is? Are they the same as the EVO X... what was it, 600cc?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
Nice.

I noticed that you upgraded to DW 800s. Do we know what the stock Ralliart injector size is? Are they the same as the EVO X... what was it, 600cc?
600cc I believe
Old Jul 16, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

What the hell?! This is the second time one of my posts has disappeared!

I don't think there was any reason for a mod to delete it.

EDIT: Oops, nevermind.. apparently there is a similar thread in the engine/powertrain R/A forums.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by madcows; Jul 16, 2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

so yeah Chris, when you gunna drive this down to San Antonio? lol
Old Jul 16, 2009, 02:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is EVOX turbo, FP Red, and completely stock

Old Jul 16, 2009, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

niceeeeeeeee
Old Jul 16, 2009, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

I wouldn't consider the torque to be low actually. Even the 5 speed cars make about the same torque on an fp red and comparable boost levels.

-Chris
Old Jul 16, 2009, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

I'm curious about the torque discrepancy between the EVO X and FP Red. Were sacrifices made with the FP Red tune in order to make maximum HP? Could the FP Red be tuned to be a little more torque rich?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

why is the torque number higher with the stock X turbo
Old Jul 16, 2009, 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor

The EVO X turbo makes more power at lower rpms than an FP Red does. Torque is a mathematical equation of horsepower. Therefore, less hp at lower rpms = less peak torque number.

As you can clearly see in the graphs above, once both turbos are in there efficiency range layed over top of each other, the torque number is almost exactly the same. Not only is the torque what I would expect for an FP Red, it is also pretty much identical to the other fp reds that I have dyno'd.

Although Dynojets have a bad rap for reading rediculously high... Don't believe the hype, ours has always read consistently lower than all of the other dyno's you see pumping out 500+ whp on the FP Red. On our dyno a fp red car which meets proper octane requirements, running all of the boost that it can, makes about 450-470 whp.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Nice results.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chris@AMS
The EVO X turbo makes more power at lower rpms than an FP Red does. Torque is a mathematical equation of horsepower. Therefore, less hp at lower rpms = less peak torque number.

As you can clearly see in the graphs above, once both turbos are in there efficiency range layed over top of each other, the torque number is almost exactly the same. Not only is the torque what I would expect for an FP Red, it is also pretty much identical to the other fp reds that I have dyno'd.

Although Dynojets have a bad rap for reading rediculously high... Don't believe the hype, ours has always read consistently lower than all of the other dyno's you see pumping out 500+ whp on the FP Red. On our dyno a fp red car which meets proper octane requirements, running all of the boost that it can, makes about 450-470 whp.
Okay, that make sense. It's a hardware issue, not the tuning. In terms of drivability, I'm guessing there would be more lag with the FP Red. Do you have any experience with the Garrett GT series turbos?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:20 PM
Former Sponsor

The car has a stock Evo X LICP on it. We kept the mods the same because we wanted a direct comparison between the turbos. It will be getting an AMS widemouth downpipe very shortly.

I am worried about the 60' time now that the car is considerably laggier. I am going to take it to a drag strip on a cool day and see if it will still leave almost as hard as it did before. If not, it may not E.T. any better than it did before, but at least we can find out what kind of trap speed it will run.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris@AMS
After a bit of rescaling tables that previously never needed to be touched on the GSR's or the other MR's with smaller turbos, I got it tweaked out to the numbers seen below.
Are you refering to the airflow/torque limiter tables? You have not changed those before even on a full bolt-on car?

Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2009, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
The car has a stock Evo X LICP on it. We kept the mods the same because we wanted a direct comparison between the turbos. It will be getting an AMS widemouth downpipe very shortly.

I am worried about the 60' time now that the car is considerably laggier. I am going to take it to a drag strip on a cool day and see if it will still leave almost as hard as it did before. If not, it may not E.T. any better than it did before, but at least we can find out what kind of trap speed it will run.
That's definitively a hit if we'd want to upgrade to the Red for better 1/4 mile times.. though it won't launch as quick as before it might just realize all that power after rolling off the line and still making awesome trap speed numbers regardless of its ET I assume

Quick Reply: AMS Lancer Ralliart with and FP Red installed... SST loves it!