Notices

T1R IC Pipe Set on Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T1R IC Pipe Set on Ralliart

We've just installed and confirmed that the T1R IC Pipe Set for Evo X will fit the 09+ Ralliart. It is pretty much direct bolt on.

The T1R IC Pipe Set for the Evo X comes with the upper IC pipe, lower IC pipe, and the turbo outlet discharge funnel. It's 60mm piping.

The angles and fitment on the Ralliart are pretty much dead on. The stock turbo outlet funnel on the Ralliart is pretty much the same as the Evo X's. It has the same inlet diameter, but the vaccuum line is at a slightly different location. The larger T1R turbo discharge funnel fits perfectly.

The lower IC pipe section fits perfectly.

The fitment for the upper IC pipe is also dead on. The mounting bracket for the rad support fits exactly the same as on the Evo X. Incidentally, the radiator support cover is also identical to the Evo X, so any of those carbon fiber radiator support covers will also fit (ie. APR)

Here's the only catch. The Ralliart's IC is smaller, and shorter than the Evo X's. So most Evo X UICP will not reach the Ralliart's IC. Even the stock Ralliart's UICP does not fully extend to the IC inlet. Mitsubishi just uses a 4-5" coupler hose (same material as stock IC pipe hose). Unfortunately, the Ralliart's IC piping is only 2", so we couldn't directly connect the T1R pipe into the long coupler hose. So what we did for now is use a piece of 2" aluminum intake piping to serve as a coupler between the stock hose and the T1R silicone coupler.

We will be offering a correct sized coupler to connect the T1R IC pipe directly to the stock Ralliart IC. In the meantime, if you can't wait for that coupler, you can install the T1R IC pipes the same way we did. It is not hard, and still fits perfectly. There is no point for an aftermarket IC pipe to fully extend to the inlet of the stock IC as then the pipe would no longer fit any larger, upgraded IC unit (ie. stock Evo X, or aftermarket).

And here's a pic of everything installed:

First impressions: turbo definitely spools and responds faster. Even at half throttle the response is very quick. You can feel the boost spooling up noticeably at 3000rpm and it pulls with more torque through to 5500-6000rpm. Throttle response also seems better.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

what the price we looking at?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the website: http://www.hybridr.com/shop/product....&cat=45&page=1

Looks like CAD $399.00 (Approximately USD $ 343.14)
Old Aug 13, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Excellent. I was debating to order now it's 100% confirmed that it will fit EVO X FMIC I got now.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

That's one nice looking pipe;

Gibby, u're going to get that one instead?

Make sure all the couplers you'll need for the X FMIC have to be 2.5;
But also have to check the height of the pipe at the curve by the crash bar, that's where it gets tricky, I know AMS fits cause their pipe is made for their custom front mount which is essentially the same height as the stock Evo X

^ Well, it's essentially what the OP said regarding the stock pipe;

Nice setup! I'm digging the lower pipe X-D
Old Aug 13, 2009, 06:25 PM

u'll notices the different
Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
wow, that's actually a really good price for all three parts. i was expecting something shiny like that to be $500+
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

What type of gains can u expect with the Evo X IC piping on a RA? Most companies have said 8-10 hp with just the IC piping, can we expect that or a tiny bit more with the X piping? Do we just specify that it is for a RA in the checkout to get the coupler? Thanks

BTW U think the Red ICP would look off in an Octane Blue RA? U guys think the black would look better?

Last edited by brads09lancerGT; Aug 13, 2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:34 PM

I think black would look much better.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:52 PM
Former Sponsor

black is available!

but the Ralliart engine bay is so black to begin with, unless you want stealth, it kinda looks stock.

Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT
What type of gains can u expect with the Evo X IC piping on a RA? Most companies have said 8-10 hp with just the IC piping, can we expect that or a tiny bit more with the X piping? Do we just specify that it is for a RA in the checkout to get the coupler? Thanks

BTW U think the Red ICP would look off in an Octane Blue RA? U guys think the black would look better?
8-10hp is pretty standard for the IC piping. If you have a tune or run higher boost, the gain will be even higher. We have a dyno day coming up soon, so we'll get some numbers and graphs up soon.

Yes, in the checkout, please specify that you are purchasing for a Ralliart, and also what intercooler you are using (ie. stock Ralliart, stock Evo X, aftermarket Evo X) so we can figure out the correct coupler for you. We'll have a product listing dedicated to Ralliart specifically put up soon.

Color wise, as I posted above, the Ralliart engine bay is really black to begin with, so the black IC pipes really look stock and stealth. If that's what you want, then go with black. Otherwise, the red really makes the engine bay stand out more.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Looking good and the price is right. My question is, will this work with an aftermarket intercooler designed for the RA not the Evo? Noobish question i know.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 02:09 AM

^^^Yes.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g64fiero
^^^Yes.
Thanx
Old Aug 14, 2009, 02:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by boondoc
Looking good and the price is right. My question is, will this work with an aftermarket intercooler designed for the RA not the Evo? Noobish question i know.
Well, that actually depends if the IC is designed as a direct stock replacement with the same IC pipe fitment as stock, or if the IC requires you to use a different IC pipe set altogether.

But in general, any aftermarket IC for the RA that has stock fitment, or any Evo X IC that has stock Evo X fitment, will work with the T1R pipes.

Quick Reply: T1R IC Pipe Set on Ralliart