Notices

Confused abou UR intake, yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:29 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
You really show how little you know by your posts. AMS has made 356whp on the red, the larger the turbo, the less torque it makes at the same boost.

Torque is relative to boost. If AMS is not running the boost we have run on the SAME turbo, the results will vary. We do not tune the same as X Y or Z. We have our own methods of many years of experience working with the same model vehicles over and over.

We do not care who does what and how. We tune based on our knowledge, experience and put it into every car we tune.

please give us all a reference to this contraversial posts
You have a CURIOUS number of controversial posts (14 on your first day your account has been registered on the site to be exact and a number of them making references to our company). If I was a moderator I might just raise an eyebrow to this fact.
please give us all a reference to this controversial posts outside of mentioning your dyno seems to have a higher baseline then most.

While i agree that torque is relative to boost, this turbo being so small can only be efficient until a certain boost level. I would like to see his baselien before you and i bicker back and forth more. The gains rather then the total are what im more interested in.

Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by starz
ttp and rre arent what most people consider legit baseline dynos. they tend to show higher, which is in the corrections and dynos they use. Its very common, some show higher, some lower, but there is a general consensus on which dynos are closer to reality then not. Im not bashing anything, but i find it sad that companies post 225 whp and up base numbers for this car. 1. it hurts the community and its knowledge level by making believers in unrealistic numbers, and 2. creates outlandish results with bolt ons that in turn make their customers think they have alot more then they do, which in the real world is false advetising.
First, I don't know enough about TTP to make a judgment either way, but I can tell you that RRE is considered (this is, of course, by people who actually know what they are talking about) one of the MOST reputable Mitsubishi tuners around. GST's Mustang dyno has dynoed stock Ralliarts at 215+ whp. Are they not legitimate too?

But for the fact of argument a car will lose power from its crank to the wheels. Front wheel drive tends to see a loss between 10 and 15% while use having all wheel drive could be optimistic at 18% at a minimum. You can defend the numbers all you want, saying that the 237 isnt a legitimate crank power number from the factory. Unfortunately those numbers seem to pan out with the cars trap times(in relation to weight and launch).
Second, you are right: Powertrain losses vary from car to car, and it is true that AWD cars tend to lose upward of 18-20% from crank. However, using trap times is a bit misleading because you are talking about a car that cannot slip a clutch and boost launch like a GSR and does not have launch control like an MR.

In the end, if some of the people on the site what to believe in false numbers because they some how make the car seem faster, ie. one guy thinks his ralliart on the stock turbo is 292 whp and 301 ft torque (more torque then ams can make on a fp red, and more power then the small single scroll is able to make, its simple physics if you look at flow charts.) then be my guest, but dont broadcast it in hopes of your e15 seconds. We need an educated community who is here to better itself and determined to get everything we can out of the car, not one who thinks that its just that easy, and that there 290 whp ralliart is only slower then that stage 1 srt-4 because hes lighter, which makes up for the 50 whp difference they claim to hold over the srt-4.
Third, I don't think that's what people are doing. Sure, it's nice to know that your car is performing on par with other, similar cars out there; however, that is not the point of posting dyno sheets. The point is to see the power curve, see areas where things can be improved, see the results of mods and tunes, and in general to build a good knowledge base that we can all gain from. If you want to see how high you can pee on the wall, start posting time slips. If you want to help out the tuners and other members of the community, post dyno charts with AFRs and other usable statistics.

Finally, I am starting to wonder, much like TTP is, whether you are actually who you say you are. Perhaps you've been around for a while (you talk like you have been: insulting someone who has obviously been around with 2,000 + posts, yet you treat him like a newbie with your 20+ posts), and perhaps this is just a new account for you. Either way, I'll give you a chance for now, but thus far, I haven't heard you say anything beneficial for the community.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:36 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ladogaboy, it appears thirdchance has been re-banned as it seems our hunch about his permabanned identity proved true.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

I love how Ladogaboy bolded both Second and Chance words hahahaha!