Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I jumped the gun here. If I did I'm sorry. I guess because I have seen in the past people wanting more and not happy with what was given to them I get testy. You have done so much for this community (SST and free base maps) that I want to make sure you are honored and appreciated and not the opposite. Again sorry if I jumped the gun here. hehe.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 01:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by Exyia

edit: infact, since I sell Hyundai's next door. when I took a look at their "highly reviewed" turbo models (Sonata 2.0T, Genesis Coupe 2.0T), I first looked for the intercooler. It's the same size (maybe smaller) as the RA's FMIC, and mounted in a horrible position for airflow. I couldn't stop laughing and thinking to myself "you have got to be kidding". Sonata 2.0T wants to put out 274hp with a twinscroll on THAT?
Take a look at a 1g DSM intercooler for a good laugh, it's about the size of the palm of your hand.

One on the right:

Old Jun 7, 2011, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Take a look at a 1g DSM intercooler for a good laugh, it's about the size of the palm of your hand.

One on the right:

I LITERALLY spat out my water L M F A O

i don't know what to even say.....
Old Jun 7, 2011, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

So, I just spoke with mike...... When you look at the graph.... the 2 lower lines were the stock pull map pulls.

The higher Red/Green/Blue lines are with the Pill. So just in short it's 2x Stock Vs 3x Base+Pill.

As far as t he Intercooler... I'm 1 step ahead of you. I picked one up for $20 that had less than 60 miles on it. I also grabbed his Upper Intercooler..... I've been reading i'll have to go pick up couplers from Home Depot / Auto Zone.... I can't wait to slap it in.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

And for ****s and giggles... this is what a Evo X MR did the same day and dyno BONE STOCK

Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlphaKennyBody
So, I just spoke with mike...... When you look at the graph.... the 2 lower lines were the stock pull map pulls.

The higher Red/Green/Blue lines are with the Pill. So just in short it's 2x Stock Vs 3x Base+Pill.

As far as t he Intercooler... I'm 1 step ahead of you. I picked one up for $20 that had less than 60 miles on it. I also grabbed his Upper Intercooler..... I've been reading i'll have to go pick up couplers from Home Depot / Auto Zone.... I can't wait to slap it in.
...wow...$20...

don't forget the clamps for the couplers too if you didn't get any....would be funny to see you put them all on and then realize you can't clamp them down haha
Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Exyia
...wow...$20...

don't forget the clamps for the couplers too if you didn't get any....would be funny to see you put them all on and then realize you can't clamp them down haha
Oh man Thanks for the reminder.... I'll be doing that this weekend.

Brian, would it be safe for me to add a resonated test pipe based on what you see on graphs or will should not put it on. I had one sitting around waiting for it to go in. I don't remember exactly the reason why not to add a TP to the tune. But if you say No... then No it is until I decide to Self tune the car.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Brian, would it be safe for me to add a resonated test pipe based on what you see on graphs or will should not put it on. I had one sitting around waiting for it to go in. I don't remember exactly the reason why not to add a TP to the tune. But if you say No... then No it is until I decide to Self tune the car.
kind of silly that you might end up paying more for coupers/clamps than the actual IC itself haha

jealous...paid $250 for mine months ago, but it was mint @150mi and UICP included (never used that silly hose though)

another note to owners: FMIC swap is a good chance to dressup the engine bay with an UICP of your choice. that stock hose is just hideous
Old Jun 7, 2011, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

I believe that the testpipe *may* drop the exhaust backpressure to the point where you could see a boost spike. As mentioned before, each car is different. You can put it on, log some pulls to find out, then post it here for all of us to see.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmmm...
look at that, with Bryan's BM you are basically a stock MR:
284/244 vs 264/252
Pretty shnazzy (been looking for an excuse to use this word all day, haha)!!
People can't really dispute this one, same dyno, same day, same tuner, same everything, NICE!!!!!!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the estimated time of release for the 2.6 91 octane map? Would love to use the 93 Octane, but i'm already paying 1.46 per liter for 91 octance, don't even want to think what 93 cost. Loving 2.5, just installed my boostpill this weekend, car is a whole new beast. Will be sending donation soon. Thanks again.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

I pay anything from AU$1.45 - $1.80 per litre for 98 octane (US 93 oct) depending on the day I fill up.
I'm lucky to see 300km from a tank so have to fill up once every 5 - 7 days which costs between $60 - $80.......
Old Jun 7, 2011, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jcm308
I pay anything from AU$1.45 - $1.80 per litre for 98 octane (US 93 oct) depending on the day I fill up.
I'm lucky to see 300km from a tank so have to fill up once every 5 - 7 days which costs between $60 - $80.......
Luxury! With all the map testing I've been doing lately, the RA has been chewing through a full tank of Ultimate98 every 2-3 days...

Rich
Old Jun 7, 2011, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't notice any issues on my RA with the mods in my sig while logging w/ 2.6 flashed. My primary tune is from English Racing but I decided to check out 2.6 for fun.

This was a few weeks ago thoughout the course of a few hrs and limited to a few WOT pulls.

But, then again, each car's different. No knocking or boost spiking for me though.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
Luxury! With all the map testing I've been doing lately, the RA has been chewing through a full tank of Ultimate98 every 2-3 days...

Rich
Sounds like you need to put your right foot on a diet Rich

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap