Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just checking, but does the plan for 2.6 still include stock pill support?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 03:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by mlambert890
Just checking, but does the plan for 2.6 still include stock pill support?
Yes of course.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab
Yes of course.
You are legend!!!

I searched, but prob not hard enough ( plus doesn't hurt to have it show up again)... What is your addr for donations??
Old Aug 1, 2011, 04:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by mlambert890
You are legend!!!

I searched, but prob not hard enough ( plus doesn't hurt to have it show up again)... What is your addr for donations??
creative AT razorlab.com

Of course replace the "AT" with a proper @
Old Aug 1, 2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab
creative AT razorlab.com

Of course replace the "AT" with a proper @
Sent... Some pizza and beer $$$ as appreciation!
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Bryan,
So I was driving around town last night, and I had a tiny epiphany. I was crusing around and noticed that when I had to slow WAY down for sharp turns, the process of on throttle/off throttle/back on throttle could be rather violent if the revs dropped too low. Are there any transitional tables you have discovered that might....maintain cluctch pressure for like two seconds when you go off throttle?
I realize it probably opens to prevent un-due wear during slow down (like coming to a red light), but could it be set up such that braking is full release (as it currently is, which is how I do 95% of my downshifts, with a slight touch of brakes, being I drive in manual at all times but for the track) BUT going off throttle doesn't automatically release the pressure???
This might be completely from left field, but it almost seems like it might relate to the issue people are having while dragging. If someone doesn't pump fast enough, then clutches completely open; so when they slam on it it's ten times rougher on the tranny (not that I slam on mine from 0, I steadily increase the gas until 3K THEN floor it if need be )
What do you think, is there such a thing as a "transitional map" for off throttle to on throttle.....?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Nevermind, I'm an idiot

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Aug 7, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

??? I think I missed something ???
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:21 AM
EvoM Guru

When you get off throttle, the clutches stay engaged to engine brake the car. Are you talking about how the car opens up the clutches under a certain mph and load?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Yes I believe so. For instance when the revs (aka load) drop below say~2500 rpm (i'll see if I can get definitive numbers) in say 2nd gear (so low load and rpm, as you mentioned) while going around a sharp turn, when I get back on it the clutches slap a WHOLE lot more than usual. It gave me the impression they were completely open prior to getting back throttle. Have you ever seen anything along those lines when logging around town??
Old Aug 7, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

I was trying to relate it to engine-braking, but the wording I was using just didn't make sense, so I gave up.

I'm not running the Razorlab maps, but it would still be interesting to know if there is some remedy for that. I've experienced similar effects as what I believe steve is trying to explain during some very tight autox courses where it feels like you're constantly slamming on and off the pedal even though you may not be.

Like below a certain threshold the clutches completely disengage and you're just basically freewheeling as though the car is in neutral and there is minimal feel of engine braking (or at least less than it feels like with a standard transmission) Basically, when you get back on the accelerator, the car needs to re-engage the clutches where in a manual, if you were engine-braking, pressing on the accelerator would garner immediate response through the gear and not "slam" in but come right back up relative to pedal pressure. Maybe it's just the delay in the calculations and ecu/tcu communication logic that causes it, but it would be nice to get rid of it if possible.

Or I could be way off on my own tangent still and be talking about something completely unrelated. I'm just not quite sure any more
Old Aug 7, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Wait, I just thought of something. Like when you're watching your wideband, how sometimes you can go off-throttle or hit the brakes and it will still cruise and keep afr's around 14-15 for a bit before it shows full-lean and then sometimes it just immediately goes into fuel cut and shows full-lean on the gauge. Kinda like that, except when you come back on-throttle it's a bit rough.

Maybe that's just where 2-footed driving becomes a necessity then, huh?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

I believe you and I are talking about the same phenomena, you phrased it just right. That is exactly how I experience it, when the revs are higher it does an engine brake (brilliant bit of logic there!) so when you get back on throttle there is no delay and it performs smooth as butter (one of the many reasons I love this girl); but when the revs just a bit lower complete disengagement. Not even sure if this something that can be fixed (maybe gear based, leave 1st as is but 2-6 off-on throttle adj), but food for thought. Not sure if this helps at all, but thought I'd give some feedback from my perspective
Old Aug 7, 2011, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, yeah, we're on the same page then.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Been running the 2.6 Boost Pill Tune in an AUD 2009 RA for a few weeks now. Just the last couple of days the engine has been running a little off and idle is not stable. Today I got P0171 error code - too lean - while I was sitting idle. Mods in signature - except the bit about the custom tune which is only for special occasions.

Last edited by bobcrusader; Aug 8, 2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Added

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap