Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 210ralli
Thats good to know, im just going to do the boostpill+ tbe. What were the numbers you put down?
Yeah I just installed test pipe and have the boost pill with 93 Octane works5 and would really like to know what the car is pushing now.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by ralliarturbo
All in all the works 5 map is leaps and bounds better than stock with my experience. I have not had the lunging issue myself as explaned my Richard. The shifts are a little harsh when cold, but i wouldnt trade it back for stock anytime.
The lung only really happens when its sitting for a long time and its stone cold and your car goes from 1st gear to 2nd with very little throttle. But once it goes through the gears once or twice it cleans up real well and acts like the beast that it is. either way rich has made this map a beauty. I truly enjoy what the car has become just from thing alone.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Stevendjen
The lung only really happens when its sitting for a long time and its stone cold and your car goes from 1st gear to 2nd with very little throttle. But once it goes through the gears once or twice it cleans up real well and acts like the beast that it is. either way rich has made this map a beauty. I truly enjoy what the car has become just from thing alone.
Sorry I must have misinterpeted part of the post. When it is cold it does shift a little rough. I will try to manually shift when cold to see if short shifting it reduces the lunge. I think it might solve the problem becsuse when cold, the car will only shift at 3k rpm. I belive ot feels so jerky because we are hitting around the peak of the torque curve.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
To give you an idea of what I'm doing to resolve this...

I'm currently running my 2009 RA with all known SST tables from a 2010 Evo X MR.

(It's ah-liiiiive!)

Seriously, though, it's no Frankenstein. While the Evo X tuning tables for SST are significantly different from the ones from the RA, they are actually a very good fit to Bryan's boostpill style tune. So far it's been a superbly well-mannered vehicle, to be point of being rather dull. There's not much of a hard edge to it. To me, it has that whiff of corporate policy - "low noise/vibration/harshness, please".

What I'm after here is a point at the OPPOSITE end of the spectrum to "Works #5". Using a 2010 X SST setup seemed like a good thing to try... and so far this "xsst" tune is a perfect candidate.

If my "xsst" based tune is Doctor Jekyll, "works_5" is Mr. Hyde!

It's not like I have to decide on just one or the other. I reckon I can merge them nicely, so that below (say) 35% throttle it is gentle and suitable for driving a sick goldfish to the vet.

Use throttle above 35% and it'll rip your arms off and beat you to death with the soggy ends.

That's kind of my plan, anyway. Once I have something that gels, I'll be doing some betas for you lot to try...

Rich
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:29 AM

I was talking about the SST shifting at CRA and, someone mention there's a issue with shifting with the 2011?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
The first Base Map release for 2011 ROMs (v27.017) has been superceded by an update... v27.018. You can download on the first post of this thread.

The update cleans up the shifting.

Rich
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by richardjh
The first Base Map release for 2011 ROMs (v27.017) has been superceded by an update... v27.018. You can download on the first post of this thread.

The update cleans up the shifting.

Rich
Thanks for clearing that up.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikeszutu
I was talking about the SST shifting at CRA and, someone mention there's a issue with shifting with the 2011?
Glad to see you made it over here, lol.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by BravoZero
Glad to see you made it over here, lol.
, I'm everywhere..
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
for the TBE, what are the specifics? My friend and I are going to build a stainless steel 3" exhaust right from a UR short downpipe. (testpipe yes) Any recommendations?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:34 PM

I tested out my theory on manually shifting the tranny on a cold start. When i short shifted the tranny at 2500 rpm instead of the normal 3k, the car did lunge less but was still there. So those who would like to minimize the cold syndrome lunge, you can shift the first few manual.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliarturbo
I tested out my theory on manually shifting the tranny on a cold start. When i short shifted the tranny at 2500 rpm instead of the normal 3k, the car did lunge less but was still there. So those who would like to minimize the cold syndrome lunge, you can shift the first few manual.

There is an auto mode on these cars?

Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Seriously, "auto" is almost a four letter word.
Anywho, one other thing to consider is the MIVEC tables. If the cold and warm are significantly different from one another the car will be very jerky (due to interpolation rather than a straight switch over). So for me I make the cold almost identical to hot, but I just "chop the top". This took car of 90% of cold morning shifting.
Your logs would show it pretty clearly.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:42 PM

You SICK, EVIL, GENIUSES!!!!!

Thank you (I think), richard and razor, for your twisted minds and hard work! I installed v2.7 works5 the other day and had to immediately go for a little spin. I pulled out of my development with, shall I say "aggressive accleration" up to, but not exceeding, the posted 45MPH speed limit. I was instantaneously joined by TWO of our local, and finest, Po-Po's. This led to a 5 mile, insanely boring, follow the leader around the block back into my development. Luckily no tickets! Thanks again you automotive artists. I really love this car!

Last edited by csmithcfg; Feb 23, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

ive noticed when the car is still cold, if you just give it close to 25% throttle instead of the 5-10% that there are no shakes. Not sure if 25% is too much for a cold engine, but it is nice to know. I only did it to test it.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap