Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Pretty!

For the third one (SST stuff), you should probably drop out all but the "gear in question" (eg. odd) clutch data. You can also concentrate on just odd clutch slip and odd clutch pressure.

Furthermore, see if you can scale that one to display the data as clearly as possible.

Also... logging addresses for ADM/EDM 53610013 can now be found here... courtesy of Golden.

Rich
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh

For the third one (SST stuff), you should probably drop out all but the "gear in question" (eg. odd) clutch data. You can also concentrate on just odd clutch slip and odd clutch pressure.

Furthermore, see if you can scale that one to display the data as clearly as possible.

Rich
How's this look?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SST.pdf (174.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm... How about ditching that pressure/input-shaft stuff altogether - just go for:

- Slip Speed
- Boost
- RPM

...but can you scale all three so they each fill more of the page? eg.

- Slip Speed
- Boost
- RPM "/ 100" ... which gets you values from 0 to 75.

...and have the whole lot scaled 0-100?

Rich

PS. Nice graphing tool.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:59 PM

I'll see what I can accomplish. Pretty much trying to make things happen in Evoscan 2.9. May try to build something with my tactrix logger tomorrow night since I'll be up getting ready for night shift.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Here's my effort - Balance #16 SST tables spliced into my personal tune...

Rich
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap-2012.03.22_graph.png  
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:12 PM

A little off topic but would installing a downpipe make a considerable difference if i already have a catback and test pipe installed? I'm running the TBE 93 Oct map.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RALL1ART
A little off topic but would installing a downpipe make a considerable difference if i already have a catback and test pipe installed? I'm running the TBE 93 Oct map.
Depends on the diameter. You really dont need anything bigger then 3 inches. However the stock downpipe is smaller. What is the size of your cat back and test? To make the best difference is to have all a matching diameter and no bottle neck. That will make the best difference. BravoZero has a UR downpipe for sale $150..is pretty cheap imho. Look him up.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crak
Depends on the diameter. You really dont need anything bigger then 3 inches. However the stock downpipe is smaller. What is the size of your cat back and test? To make the best difference is to have all a matching diameter and no bottle neck. That will make the best difference. BravoZero has a UR downpipe for sale $150..is pretty cheap imho. Look him up.
+1 on the FS plug!

A downpipe isn't required but it won't hurt either with the TBE basemap. Just make sure that you keep an eye on how your car is running. I'd say go for it, log a few runs and post them up for us to review.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:53 AM

Light throttle shifts with Balance_16

Noticed what felt like a surge leading up to all shifts followed by a definitive drop to the next gear while under low throttle even once at operating temps. Had a slow moving commute this morning. However, with my regular take-off and acceleration, shifts are buttery smooth.

Forgot to mention that I was driving in Normal-Auto.

Last edited by csmithcfg; Mar 22, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crak
eekk! i was trying to have that my own little secret! i was gonna hit him up for it locally in a few weeks. Better hurry if your going to get it from him!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:43 PM

Today, I got a p20b8 code. I'm using 2009 91oct tbe boostpill. I have a boostpill, HFC, Stock downpipe, stock catback. Whats the problem? Does anyone know?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OverCorrupt
eekk! i was trying to have that my own little secret! i was gonna hit him up for it locally in a few weeks. Better hurry if your going to get it from him!
Too late, already sold!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

I'm running the v2.7.013 93 octane TBE tune, no CEL!

Big thanks to the guys who all chipped in on making this happen!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh
Hi folks.

Time to let the latest SST tuning work out to play.
Like this...

SST Beta Test ROMs - Balance #16

That's a grab-bag of all the various ROM flavours I've been working with. These have a revised SST tune, built on top of the current release version of the v27 base maps.

Things I'd really like to hear about are:
  1. Whether we've tamed the weird clunky jerk that was occurring when coasting to a stop in 2nd, and the SST goes back into 1st.
  2. Whether the "progressively more firm" feel as you drive harder is "right". If you drive all gentle, it should be gentle right back.
  3. Odd/Even Clutch Slip logging at WOT. How well does it put the torque to the wheels once the trans is well warmed up? Don't thrash it after just 5-10 minutes driving, okay?

For those who have been running "Balance #15", the ONLY change from that ROM to this one has been in "throttle-off" table areas. This is specifically aimed at (1) above. No other changes made.

Let's see how these go!

Special thanks to all the "Works" and "Balance" series beta testers - you know who you are!

Rich
Any "Balance #16" Beta testing Luv for the 2010 RA's? I run into most of Everyone's concerns for 2011 on a daily bases?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by csmithcfg
Noticed what felt like a surge leading up to all shifts followed by a definitive drop to the next gear while under low throttle even once at operating temps. Had a slow moving commute this morning.

... driving in Normal-Auto.
You mean like it was partially free-revving just before the actual upshift? How long had you been driving for, and do you reckon the SST was actually hot?

There's a really big difference in my shift feel when the SST temp is 20C vs. 45C vs. 70C. It's really quite hard/harsh at 70C! But there are no ECU table-based adjustments for the actual SST temp.

IMHO, the idea of "cold" versus "warm" transmission management is based on a pretty thin assumption... that the SST's operating temperature is broadly in line with the engine's operating temperature. That's not an assumption I see as being particularly valid. My car will run full "hot-interpolated" tables (MIVEC, SST, boost) about 4 minutes into driving. The SST won't be within a country mile of normal operating temperature then.

So I'm not sure I can "fix" that particular flaring (if that's what it is) without causing increased harshness in the same regions at a different SST temperature.

Originally Posted by csmithcfg
However, with my regular take-off and acceleration, shifts are buttery smooth.
Cool... good to hear.

Rich

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap