Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
You mean like it was partially free-revving just before the actual upshift? How long had you been driving for, and do you reckon the SST was actually hot?

Rich
Not free-revving really, kind of feels like the car accelerates right before it shifts. No rpm/speedo change or engine/exhaust noise of any kind, just a noticeable feel. My only suggestion would be the next time you are in traffic, follow the oldest, slowest, can't see over the steering wheel, person you can find. You know, the one where you have to fight the urge to open your door and drag your face on the ground until the sweet, sweet release of death.LOL

BUT, in no way do I think something is wrong with the car other than my being forced to drive that slow. It's probably the same way with the stock map.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Ah, okay.

If you drive in normal/manual mode in the same conditions, I bet that feeling you described will go away.

The SST's auto shift pattern was probably fine for stock tune (ie. torque at the different rpm/throttle/load points)... but it's not such a good "fit" after a retune.

Think of how much of a difference Bryan's MIVEC tables make to the way it drives... at low loads, the throttle response and torquey feel is chalk and cheese compared to factory tune.

We don't yet have access to the SST's upshift/downshift points. That's really the final piece in the puzzle for us. The SST upshifts right where the engine is just starting to deliver some efficient feeling torque (around 2000rpm) - it then lands in the next gear at 1500rpm... where there's bog-all torque.

That's annoying in low gears, and positively infuriating in the tall gears.

Think of how much saner the Ralliart auto mode would feel if it upshifted at 2500rpm on very light throttle. One day...

Until then, I'll use the playstation paddles.

Rich
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:12 PM

Balance 16 seems to be just about perfect as far as shifting goes. Normal auto the thing shifts so smooth I can't tell when it shift unless it's stone cold and it's only from 1st to 2nd that I can feel the shift. Now in sport auto and sport manual the shifts are more solid and stiff but no jerk at all. Hell. I don't back fire at all anymore unless I'm in sport manual and rev high in first and second. Now all I get is popping :,(

Ps. I did get the ghost up shift today. Was driving for over a hour and was coasting from second to a stop in manual sport when the light turned green. And I watched the car go to first then right back to second. No issue tho. It must happen when the car decides its time to down shift then you give it gas and it changes it's mind. Sorry if that does not make a lot of sense but its slightly hard to explain.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Glad #16 is working well for your 2011.

Originally Posted by Stevendjen
Sorry if that does not make a lot of sense but its slightly hard to explain.
That makes perfect sense. I reckon it's exactly as you described. The trans starts its selection of 1st gear, the dash display shows that selection, but before it has a chance to actually engage 1st, its decision returns to 2nd gear.

My 2009 never does this in manual mode.

Do you actually feel/hear it "in" 1st? If you hadn't been looking at the digital display, would you have been any the wiser?

Rich
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:43 PM

No. If I wouldn't of been watching I never would of noticed. No rpm rise or anything. Just a simple display change. If I would of been Looking out the window I never would of noticed it at all. Still smooth as ever even when it can't make up its mind.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by BravoZero
Too late, already sold!

Lol sorry OverCorrupt

And crak, I have a 3 inch Test Pipe with the Magnaflow 3 Inch catback and just bought Bravo's downpipe. Are there any other exhaust mods I would have to do to get a true turboback set up?.. Sorry lol my Ralliart is my first car so I'm pretty new to this stuff
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, so which exact Base Maps would you 2010 owners like to be given the "Balance Beta" treatment?

Rich
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Richard/Bryan - if I want to tweak the maps now for a little more boost here or there, what map do I use now? There are so many new ones I got lost when you switched to direct boost something something...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Hi Bob.

If you're on STOCKPILL base map tune, then you'll be working via traditional Load Based boost control. You will use the following to tune boost targets:

Load Boost

Boost Control Load Offset

Boost Target Engine Load #1A (High Gear Range)
Boost Target Engine Load #1B (High Gear Range)
Boost Target Engine Load #2 (Low Gear Range)

Reactive Solenoid Turbo Boost Error Correction

If you're on BOOSTPILL base map tune, then you'll be working via patched Direct psi-based boost control. You will use the following to tune boost targets:

Direct Boost

Atmospheric Boost (NOTE: Leave as 0 to retain funky altitude correction )

Boost Target #1A (High Gear Range)
Boost Target #1B (High Gear Range)
Boost Target #2 (Low Gear Range)

Target Boost Error Correction

That's the target-related stuff taken care of.

All that's left is the Base WGDC stuff, and that doesn't care which method of "boost target" management you're employing. The remaining tables are:

Turbo

Reactive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #1A (High Gear Range)
Reactive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #1B (High Gear Range)
Reactive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #2 (Low Gear Range)

...and all the other ones under the "Turbo" heading.

RAX Patch

As of v27, the base maps have my RAX Patch "extras" built in. If you download the Ralliart ones and hook them into your XMLs, you'll get an extra table under "Turbo"...

IAT Adjusted BWGDC (Requires RAX Patch)

Adjust that to refine your temperature-based offsets for the BWGDC tables.

Some background reference reading:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...st-levels.html

It's important to realise that the base maps are now tuned so that the wastegate opens on spool-up at or below the boost target. Avoid having the wastegate open above target, or you'll get a double-whammy of downward error correction PLUS the post-peak drop in boost.

Also note that v27 allows 8% "upward" correction over and above BWGDC... at WOT. This is the "padding" that allows you to peak at (or just below) target, but still error-correct your way quickly to your desired boost curve.

You'll see what I mean after you've played with it all a bit.

Rich

Last edited by richardjh; Mar 23, 2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: so much fail...
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:13 PM

Okay, so which exact Base Maps would you 2010 owners like to be given the "Balance Beta" treatment?

Rich
2010_RA_USDM_BaseMap_BoostPILL_93oct pls
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread makes my head hurt.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

These ROMs make my head hurt!

Rich
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crtravelnmore
2010_RA_USDM_BaseMap_BoostPILL_93oct pls
Done. Just download the file. It's got the new ROM in it.

Original post with d/l link is here.

Let me know how it drives on your 2010 Ralliart.

Rich
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:16 PM

Done. Just download the file. It's got the new ROM in it.

Original post with d/l link is here.

Let me know how it drives on your 2010 Ralliart.

Rich
how about 2009_RA_USDM_BaseMap_BoostPILL_91oct ?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Rich when do you open your own tuning shop lol

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap