Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExRotary
Its almost too easy isn't it - boost pill, base map, beat an Evo. Its not a fluke, the guys quoted on page 1 got times in the same ball park.

Have you sorted out your logging problem? I notice that you are still on V3.0

sorry, mistyped. Yep, I'm on V31. The big blue link on top of the first post is where I got my map about a month ago. No, I haven't sorted out the logging problem, though. I'm giong to try re-flashing it this weekend, maybe I hit something I shouldn't have when I first did it. Do I need to change any values or anything the first time I flash it? The walkthrough I read (on this forum, not this thread) said to change one of the numbers if it wasn't 0x23 or whatever.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
You don't need to change a single thing in the Base Maps to have logging work.

I recommend switching EvoScan to "RAX Fast Logging" mode. That should work a treat.

Rich
Old Mar 18, 2014, 08:29 AM

Is there a significant difference between the 93 octane and 91 tunes? If I do the 93 tune and once in a blue moon use 91, or the 93 is not truly 93, will the ECU still compensate for knock? Assuming not "race" conditions, just spirited driving. The 91 tune is ballsy as it is, but I just realized a gas station right near me pumps 93!

thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by richardjh
You don't need to change a single thing in the Base Maps to have logging work.

I recommend switching EvoScan to "RAX Fast Logging" mode. That should work a treat.

Rich
I did this, and it was no different. I'm going to clear and re-flash on Saturday, so I'll update then.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

So we still don't have my13 and my14 yet?
We haven't had any cool updates for a while now... have we finally perfected the basemap.
Are there any newly discovered tables to play with?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotkupa
I am contemplating on getting AEM intake form my car. Currently I use base map with pill and TB. Can someone share if there are any performance gains. Preferably someone who went from my set up to maps with TB, PILL and AEM. I love the sound of an intake but do not want to spend money if I will not see any gains. Thank you.
Just finished reading last 30 pages and nobody answered this question on page 289. I know there are lots of people who would love to have numbers to show percentage gain. Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2014, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Exige90
I did this, and it was no different. I'm going to clear and re-flash on Saturday, so I'll update then.
I doubt that will help. It's either flashed or it's not. The problem is going to be the EvoScan settings, I reckon.

Can you post pics of your EvoScan configuration?

Rich
Old Mar 20, 2014, 03:10 AM

http://imgur.com/a/ag08A

The first three images are what I've got at the moment, I can get more when I get home.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 03:34 AM
Evolved Member

Cool, nice info.

> When I check mode23, that pops up and will NOT go away.
> When closed, it un-checks itself.

When you check (tick/select) one of those boxes in EcuFlash, it just selects it for display. Nothing more.

> EcuFlash as it is loaded to the car. Wasn't sure what to pick, so I left it blank.

As above, you don't need to "pick" anything. Those check boxes just display stuff for you, in case you want to review or revise your tune. You don't need to.

> EvoScan main menu. I picked the OP 2.0, as well as the other selections that
> seemed logical. Please, please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere. I also
> selected RAX after learning it was able to log out of the box.

All looks good!

Now, under EvoScan's "Logging" topbar menu heading, do the following:

- Make sure "Log Data to File" is ticked. It should be, by default.
- Make sure "Log Data to Screen" is ticked. It should be, by default.
- Make sure "Disable Multithreading" is ticked. It's not the default - YOU NEED TO DO THIS.

> Just the screen that comes up when I open up the livedata.

Don't worry about opening stuff like "Graphs and Map Tracer", "Graphs/Logs, Live Virtual Dyno, Live Map Tracer (F2)", etc.

Just start the car, plug in EvoScan + OP2.0, and hit "Start DataLogger".

On the main EvoScan screen, you should see values in the "Reading" column.

EvoScan is terrible at updating those on-screen values unless you "Disable Multithreading". Once you do that, it works fine (if you have "Log Data to Screen" selected).

With the above steps done, can you verify you see sensible-looking data in the "Reading" column on the MAIN screen?

Rich
Old Mar 20, 2014, 04:05 AM

I will try again as soon as I get home! I don't remember un-checking multithreading. Would that cause it not to update anything at all? I got it to write logs, but it only took like 20 samples and each was EXACTLY the same. 35k rpm, 400psi.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hello im used to visit this page but now its time to share my experience with the V31.003 basemap im using 93oct boostpill my 2012 ralliart only has upper pipe injen and intake injen everything else is oem and yesterday at cecil county dragway at maryland i did a new record for lancer ralliart with oem turbo oem intercooler oem suspension oem tire oem exhaust system running 13.07@103mph thanks to those guy who create those basemap they re awesome stock tune 15.04@94 14.74@95 GSTBASEMAP V3.0 007 91 OCT BOOSTPILL 14.00@99 14.63@98 13.80@99 GSTBASEMAP V3.1.003 93OCT BOOSTPILL 13.67@100 13.07@103 12SEC COMING SOON

Last edited by brspeed; Mar 24, 2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 02:56 PM

my time slip
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap-img_2997.jpg  

Last edited by brspeed; Mar 24, 2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Just got my 1st round of mods installed on my 09 RA. I have been lurking on this forum for months learning and living precariously through many of you. I got 2 quotes from nearby shops in Louisville which ranged from $2,000 to $2,600 for all the mods listed in my signature below. Due to luck or God looking out for me, a great guy who does his own mechanical work and owns a 600hp 3000gt VR-4 and a 2010 Evo agreed to mod my RA like he would his own. He invited me to hang out and watch, while charging a fraction of the cost. In the end, I must thank him most of all and secondly, Rich for the GST Basemaps which gave my RA testosterone. I feel like my journey needs a new thread so that this thread doesn't get off topic from the Basemaps. Stay tuned for when I share my experience with my newly tuned RA.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brspeed
my time slip
That's impressive. Please remember to log your vehicle, run a loggable wideband (or at least a gauge), and make sure she isn't knocking at WOT. Let's make sure these engines stay happy and healthy.

Originally Posted by danike
Just got my 1st round of mods installed on my 09 RA. I have been lurking on this forum for months learning and living precariously through many of you. I got 2 quotes from nearby shops in Louisville which ranged from $2,000 to $2,600 for all the mods listed in my signature below. Due to luck or God looking out for me, a great guy who does his own mechanical work and owns a 600hp 3000gt VR-4 and a 2010 Evo agreed to mod my RA like he would his own. He invited me to hang out and watch, while charging a fraction of the cost. In the end, I must thank him most of all and secondly, Rich for the GST Basemaps which gave my RA testosterone. I feel like my journey needs a new thread so that this thread doesn't get off topic from the Basemaps. Stay tuned for when I share my experience with my newly tuned RA.
Nice! Sounds like a great arrangement.

Rich
Old Mar 25, 2014, 06:43 PM

A month ago i log the car using rax fast mode doing the live virtual dyno 3gear pull and everything seem perfect but im gonna see if this saturday i can log again but this time with star datalogger 4 gear pull to see the result

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap