Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it have to be a tactrix open port 2.0 or will other cables work too?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by David V
Does it have to be a tactrix open port 2.0 or will other cables work too?
Unless there is another company making flashing cables that I'm not aware of, I believe the Tactrix 2.0 is the only one that will work. The Tactrix 1.3 will not.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 02:42 AM
Evolving Member

Goldenevo database is down due to lack of funding. Hope everyone saved there definitions.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 03:26 AM

Ye i figured it out. I've been looking at tactrix openport 2.0, on ebay there is one at £180 or £210. But i found one on carsets.com for £35, im guessing its not the right one?

You dont need the definitions anymore with the latest version of ecuflash
Old Oct 12, 2014, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by tencents
Goldenevo database is down due to lack of funding. Hope everyone saved there definitions.
Can anyone help me out getting them????????
PLEASE??????

Also I would like to be able to get a boost pill right from GST if thats possible?

Last edited by tazz33; Oct 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 02:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Ok guys, so people need XML definition files in order to flash? If so, which ones?

And please confirm they are missing from the latest EcuFlash package.

Rich
Old Oct 14, 2014, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by richardjh
Ok guys, so people need XML definition files in order to flash? If so, which ones?

And please confirm they are missing from the latest EcuFlash package.

Rich
They seem to all be there rich. I couldn't get the map to load on ecu flash then i downloaded the newest version and it worked
Old Oct 14, 2014, 04:00 AM

Goldenevos site files can be found if you google 'goldenevo xml' (you have to register, though).

I posted my trouble with missing definition file under /Ecuflash/ but I didn't get any answers yet (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...3610014-a.html) Hopefully it's OK if I post it also here:

My car is Lancer Ralliart 2009 EDM and I tried using EcuFlash to install GST Basemaps. I followed the "Ecu stuff for dummies" guide, but when reading the ROM EcuFlash gives error "Unknown ROM Image".

I think I have all the definition xml-files on right folder, but obviously I don't have correct file for my ROM ID. I was able to save my ROM as .bin file and then I uploaded it to Goldenevo's 'ROM Check' which says my ID is 53610014.

1) How can I proceed from here when I don't have definition xml for my ROM? Did I bought OP2.0 ja boostpill for nothing

also...
2) Why does my car have unknown/rare ROM ID, even google doesn't find anything on that ID. What could cause this and should I be worried?

Please help me with this problem, thanks in advance!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JomRA
Goldenevos site files can be found if you google 'goldenevo xml' (you have to register, though).

I posted my trouble with missing definition file under /Ecuflash/ but I didn't get any answers yet (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...3610014-a.html) Hopefully it's OK if I post it also here:

My car is Lancer Ralliart 2009 EDM and I tried using EcuFlash to install GST Basemaps. I followed the "Ecu stuff for dummies" guide, but when reading the ROM EcuFlash gives error "Unknown ROM Image".

I think I have all the definition xml-files on right folder, but obviously I don't have correct file for my ROM ID. I was able to save my ROM as .bin file and then I uploaded it to Goldenevo's 'ROM Check' which says my ID is 53610014.

1) How can I proceed from here when I don't have definition xml for my ROM? Did I bought OP2.0 ja boostpill for nothing

also...
2) Why does my car have unknown/rare ROM ID, even google doesn't find anything on that ID. What could cause this and should I be worried?

Please help me with this problem, thanks in advance!

Hi.

This isn't a problem.

53610014 is just a later version of the 5361 series used in EDM/AUS markets.

Use the GST Base Map set for "2010 EDM" (and Australia). That will flash the GST Base Map that's based on a 53610013 ROM ID.

Keep your original 53610014 version ROM image file, for good measure.

ECUFlash will be happy to flash your 53610014 back to your car... once you "educate" it so it recognises 53610014 as a Mitsubishi ROM ID. That can be a very small XML def file, and doesn't even need tables and stuff. It can be a simple place-holder XML, whipped up without much fuss.

Hope that helps.

Rich
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:21 AM

Hi.

This isn't a problem.

53610014 is just a later version of the 5361 series used in EDM/AUS markets.

Use the GST Base Map set for "2010 EDM" (and Australia). That will flash the GST Base Map that's based on a 53610013 ROM ID.

Keep your original 53610014 version ROM image file, for good measure.

ECUFlash will be happy to flash your 53610014 back to your car... once you "educate" it so it recognises 53610014 as a Mitsubishi ROM ID. That can be a very small XML def file, and doesn't even need tables and stuff. It can be a simple place-holder XML, whipped up without much fuss.

Hope that helps.

Rich
Thank you so much Rich!

As I'm still noob with ecu flashing I could use some more details about this, please. Do I like rename 53610013.XML (in EcuFlash rommetadata folder) to 53610014.XML? Is it better to use EcuFlash's XML or Goldenevo's one?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JomRA
Thank you so much Rich!

As I'm still noob with ecu flashing I could use some more details about this, please. Do I like rename 53610013.XML (in EcuFlash rommetadata folder) to 53610014.XML? Is it better to use EcuFlash's XML or Goldenevo's one?
You don't need to rename anything, or touch your old 0014 tune again, unless you specifically want to revert to the old tune. Is that what you're trying to do?

Don't copy one XML to another - unless you're going to edit the "new" one and delete all the table references... for safety. They will likely be wrong - making manual edits using the wrong table data is Bad.

But... again... you don't need to make manual table edits. And you don't need to flash 0014 to apply the GST Base Map.

If you're simply laying the groundwork for a possible "roll-back" to your stock tune, that's fine. Just trying to clarify here.

Rich
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
So has anyone with a 2014 done a flash yet? About to do the TBE map soon on my car after installing some parts. What kind of hp numbers have people been getting on just the TBE map?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:58 AM

You don't need to rename anything, or touch your old 0014 tune again, unless you specifically want to revert to the old tune. Is that what you're trying to do?

Don't copy one XML to another - unless you're going to edit the "new" one and delete all the table references... for safety. They will likely be wrong - making manual edits using the wrong table data is Bad.

But... again... you don't need to make manual table edits. And you don't need to flash 0014 to apply the GST Base Map.

If you're simply laying the groundwork for a possible "roll-back" to your stock tune, that's fine. Just trying to clarify here.

Rich
I'm just trying to get GST basemap installed. I'm following your "ECU Stuff For Dummies" guide but just when reading the ecu EcuFlash gives error: "Unknown ROM Image". Then there's three options to continue 1) abort [no saving] 2) continue with no definition [no editing or viewing, but saveable] 3) use wizard to create new definition [not recommended! - for developers only].

Should I choose one of those options and somehow continue from there, or is there some other way to proceed? I thought that this happens because I don't have the right rom definition file.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 03:49 PM

So do maps for stock + test pipe and cat back exist for 2013 models? I'm getting a test pipe put in and I'm currently running the stock basemap. I haven't had time to read all the posts so I don't know if this has been talked about before. Is there anything I should do?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Raikiri
So has anyone with a 2014 done a flash yet? About to do the TBE map soon on my car after installing some parts. What kind of hp numbers have people been getting on just the TBE map?
Friend of mine dynod with boostpill and Magnaflow hiflow cat using tbe flash....188kw atw

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap