Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seb15
@Nunyas reaction times was like 1.010, 0,634, 0.540 and 0.387
Reaction times has nothing to do with how good his launch was. If he went from stone cold idle to flooring it then his trap times will suck. If he was attempting to do a brake stand and then letting off the brake when the tree lit up he'd get the slow down warning and his trap times would suck. Bad launches can easily add 1 to 2 seconds to the trap times.

Also noted on these forums, reaction times aren't included in the trap times, they're measured independent of each other.
Old May 18, 2012, 04:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Trap speeds would be helpful.

Reaction times have NOTHING to do with the ET or Trap speed, at all.

You could literally sit there after the green for 5mins and get the same ET and Trap speed as if you went exactly when the light turned green.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi everyone!

I've been doing some more playing with the SST tune.

If anyone's interested in trying it out, here's "Balance #20" incorporated into the v27 Base Maps...

ZIP of Beta Base Map v27.024 Balance 20

This one has some increases to clutch pressures at higher rpms, and at high loads. On my car, it feels firm, and I get low clutch-slip (especially in sport mode). It hasn't been detrimental to shift responsiveness, and when driven gently it still feels smooth.

I'd love to hear some impressions from other owners... particularly as to how it responds in AUTO mode.

Previously, some beta testers had issues with sudden WOT in SPORT/AUTO mode. I'm keen to know if this Balance #20 table set behaves well when you slam the accelerator pedal to the floor in AUTO mode. I should say... I don't ever drive like this - to me, it feels rather harsh on the car!

Anyway, let me know.

NOTE: Make sure you pick the CORRECT ROM for your year, fuel and mods! Double-check that.

Rich
Old May 19, 2012, 04:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
Hi everyone!

If anyone's interested in trying it out, here's "Balance #20" incorporated into the v27 Base Maps...

This one has some increases to clutch pressures at higher rpms, and at high loads. On my car, it feels firm, and I get low clutch-slip (especially in sport mode). It hasn't been detrimental to shift responsiveness, and when driven gently it still feels smooth.

I'd love to hear some impressions from other owners... particularly as to how it responds in AUTO mode.

Previously, some beta testers had issues with sudden WOT in SPORT/AUTO mode. I'm keen to know if this Balance #20 table set behaves well when you slam the accelerator pedal to the floor in AUTO mode. I should say... I don't ever drive like this - to me, it feels rather harsh on the car!

Anyway, let me know.

NOTE: Make sure you pick the CORRECT ROM for your year, fuel and mods! Double-check that.

Rich
Rich I've been trying to flip the car like a skateboard, is their anything in balance 20 to help with that? Thanks!

To those going instant wot, for shame
Old May 19, 2012, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
Hi everyone!

Anyway, let me know.

Rich
berry interesting....

will have to give it a whirl later today!
Old May 19, 2012, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

I got the 2011 v2.7 91oct+boostpill map to work today Rich! Downloaded it to my RA and throttle response is noticeably improved. Tomorrow I'll open it up on the freeway on my commute to work!
Old May 19, 2012, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Balance 20 is pretty darn slick. Low RPM tooling around town type driving it shifts like a stock RA. Give it some beans and the shifts sharpen up a bit.

Flip over to Sport and redline shift and it bangs through shifts the way one would expect it to. There's nothing lackadaisical about how it shifts WOT in Sport mode

Much props for all the work that you guys have put into it.
Old May 20, 2012, 03:48 AM
Evolving Member

Does the Balance 20 have a better/Quicker/aggressive shifts when WOT? My Issue is with my current map settings (Rich you know my beta map..) In part throttle it doesn't grab quick it kind of slips into gear. Does that make any sense?
Old May 20, 2012, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

I'll email you!

Rich
Old May 20, 2012, 09:09 AM

New base map is sick. Tho I got one hell of a jerk when I shifted from 2nd to 1st. I didn't mean to do it. Tho I tried it again and nothing. It was during decel. About 2k downshift. I'll keep trying to replicate it. For better details.

Sport manual

Last edited by Stevendjen; May 20, 2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old May 20, 2012, 01:29 PM

Does anyone know the WHP/WTQ numbers for the V2.7 with boost pill and 91 octain?
Old May 20, 2012, 02:46 PM

Does any one have any idea of what kind of power i should be putting out with a v2.7 2011 91 oct TBE-Boost Pill map? Im just curious if its going to be a noticeable differance between that and my just Boost pill map.
Old May 20, 2012, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Can't quote "numbers", but it should indeed be different. Bryan has the boost targets a bit higher for the TBE maps (along with other changes).

Rich
Old May 20, 2012, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Go back some pages and you'll see some graphs I've post. On version 2.5 my graphs are on page 1 i think.
Old May 20, 2012, 04:19 PM

All the Graphs i saw was Bost Pill only thats why i asked the question, but thanks for the anwers. I cant wait till i get my new HFC!

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap