Notices

THE Complete Evo X turbo swap parts list!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont know if this was asked already but does this mean that you can just buy an AMS widemouth downpipe without having to buy an evo o2 housing and downpipe? like the new o2 housing is removed from the equation?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chaz17
dont know if this was asked already but does this mean that you can just buy an AMS widemouth downpipe without having to buy an evo o2 housing and downpipe? like the new o2 housing is removed from the equation?
yes, any downpipe that replaces the 02 housing (commonly referred to as 02-downpipe )and is designed for an X turbo will work with the swap and will negate the need for a stock X 02 housing.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mad_SB
yes, any downpipe that replaces the 02 housing (commonly referred to as 02-downpipe )and is designed for an X turbo will work with the swap and will negate the need for a stock X 02 housing.
how can you tell if the new downpipe does replace the o2 housing?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

if i were to buy all these things for this swap, one or a few pieces at a time, what order should i buy them in? where should i start...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:33 AM

If your going to title this "THE Complete Evo X turbo swap parts list!," then please for the love of god, please make it complete!!! Went in to the shop yesterday to do the swap and get tuned, had everything on the list. After sitting at the shop for about 6 hours, they come to tell me there's a problem. The intake won't work, and in order to use an X intake, I will need to either relocate the battery to the trunk, or go with a small battery kit. Also my UICP won't fit, so I'm going to need one of those. They didn't feel comfortable fabricating a custom intake, so they ordered one which won't be in until Monday. Between the extra parts, labor, and the fact that I'm having to rent a car until mines ready, this is costing me an extra $1300. Thank you "THE Complete Evo X turbo swap parts list!"
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chaz17
how can you tell if the new downpipe does replace the o2 housing?
Go with the AMS widemouth Evo X down pipe, it replaces both the down pipe and the O2 sensor housing.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That sure sounds like a total pain.

If you can put up the part numbers for the required extra stock Mitsu intake items, the OP or the mods can add it to the list.

Rich
Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by erics01
If your going to title this "THE Complete Evo X turbo swap parts list!," then please for the love of god, please make it complete!!! Went in to the shop yesterday to do the swap and get tuned, had everything on the list. After sitting at the shop for about 6 hours, they come to tell me there's a problem. The intake won't work, and in order to use an X intake, I will need to either relocate the battery to the trunk, or go with a small battery kit. Also my UICP won't fit, so I'm going to need one of those. They didn't feel comfortable fabricating a custom intake, so they ordered one which won't be in until Monday. Between the extra parts, labor, and the fact that I'm having to rent a car until mines ready, this is costing me an extra $1300. Thank you "THE Complete Evo X turbo swap parts list!"
maybe try reading around on the forums? or even taking a closer look at an Evo X setup to even notice that the intake would be a problem?

that has been an "issue" for a while. just be glad the core components are all compiled and listed here for you
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by richardjh
That sure sounds like a total pain.

If you can put up the part numbers for the required extra stock Mitsu intake items, the OP or the mods can add it to the list.

Rich
You will need an evo x intake, if your going as far as to swap turbos, then you might as well just go aftermarket rather than paying top dollar for a restrictive set-up.

Since you will need to go with a X intake, you will need to address the battery issue. There are two options, small battery or relocate to the trunk.

You will need an X UICP. Again, since you going to all this trouble, don't even bother with stock.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Well if you read the complete thread the parts list on the first page is very complete. The small battery kit I believe somewhere in this thread states you need this and I believe the only other part that you need was the Evo X Maf housing unless you use AMS's intake kit. As for the UICP the stock X pipe is needed and you should have had this and the LICP with at least a STOCK X intercooler before you did the conversion. Everyone here has contributed time and knowledge no reason to thank everyone at once with a slap in the face ;-)
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by spider21
Well if you read the complete thread the parts list on the first page is very complete. The small battery kit I believe somewhere in this thread states you need this and I believe the only other part that you need was the Evo X Maf housing unless you use AMS's intake kit. As for the UICP the stock X pipe is needed and you should have had this and the LICP with at least a STOCK X intercooler before you did the conversion. Everyone here has contributed time and knowledge no reason to thank everyone at once with a slap in the face ;-)
I have the stock x intercooler, but I was using an aftermarket RA UICP. I have the X MAF housing. I was confused about what was needed to attach the MAF housing to the turbo, so I asked specifically on page 5 of this thread three weeks ago, the question recieved zero response.

I followed a thread titled "THE Complete Evo X Turbo swap parts list!" thinking that the capitalized THE and the exclamation point at the end meant that this would be absolutely everything I would need. In the end it wasn't and the mistake is costing me $1300.

I don't completely blame the parts list, I blame myself as well as the shop who decided to do 75% of the work before realizing things weren't going to fit. I just feel like a good bit of the extra expense that's coming out of my pocket could have been avoided if the parts list had been better updated.

I'm done ranting
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

I have the stock x intercooler, but I was using an aftermarket RA UICP. I have the X MAF housing. I was confused about what was needed to attach the MAF housing to the turbo, so I asked specifically on page 5 of this thread three weeks ago, the question recieved zero response.

I followed a thread titled "THE Complete Evo X Turbo swap parts list!" thinking that the capitalized THE and the exclamation point at the end meant that this would be absolutely everything I would need. In the end it wasn't and the mistake is costing me $1300.

I don't completely blame the parts list, I blame myself as well as the shop who decided to do 75% of the work before realizing things weren't going to fit. I just feel like a good bit of the extra expense that's coming out of my pocket could have been avoided if the parts list had been better updated.

I'm done ranting

I understand your venting/ranting as I went through the same swap and all I was missing was the MAF housing and thank god I could find one used local as I had already planned to use the Cobb SF Intake. What you needed to connect to the turbo is a Turbo Inlet Hose just so you know :-) which is listed in my signature if you would like to take a look.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

You will need an evo x intake, if your going as far as to swap turbos, then you might as well just go aftermarket rather than paying top dollar for a restrictive set-up.

Since you will need to go with a X intake, you will need to address the battery issue. There are two options, small battery or relocate to the trunk.

You will need an X UICP. Again, since you going to all this trouble, don't even bother with stock.
not sure what you mean by "paying top dollar for a restrictive setup". if you're trying to say the OEM X intake is really restrictive, it's not. please don't spread exaggerated statements (and they're not expensive either)

X UICP is not required for the turbo, just required if you upgrade to X FMIC (which everyone should anyway)

but just to clarify for others - a small battery swap willl only allow fitment of some SRI's (only confirmed I know of are AMS, Cobb SF, and AEM without box). Anything using the OEM-style box (OEM, AEM) still won't fit

dont' forget OEM X spark plugs (different heat range)

edit: updated, thanks spider21

Last edited by Exyia; Aug 11, 2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exyia
not sure what you mean by "paying top dollar for a restrictive setup". if you're trying to say the OEM X intake is really restrictive, it's not. please don't spread exaggerated statements (and they're not expensive either)

X UICP is not required for the turbo, just required if you upgrade to X FMIC (which everyone should anyway)

but just to clarify for others - a small battery swap willl only allow fitment of some SRI's (only confirmed I know of are AMS and AEM without box). Anything using the OEM-style box (OEM, AEM) still won't fit

dont' forget OEM X spark plugs (different heat range)
Yes please don't forget the X spark plugs ;-)... The Cobb SF intake also works just so you have an additional one on the list with a small battery. If you did relocate to the trunk you could get about 5 or 6 parts from the dealer and make underneath the hood look like a Evo X with the union Joint and bracket....
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Small battery is a must...abd in a pinch a cone filter on the maf housing works

Quick Reply: THE Complete Evo X turbo swap parts list!