Notices

THE Complete Evo X turbo swap parts list!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spider21
Yes please don't forget the X spark plugs ;-)... The Cobb SF intake also works just so you have an additional one on the list with a small battery. If you did relocate to the trunk you could get about 5 or 6 parts from the dealer and make underneath the hood look like a Evo X with the union Joint and bracket....
forgot since I rarely think of Cobb haha. updated

another note to those wondering: if you want to avoid buying a small battey by relocating the battery to the trunk, you're out of luck. Batteries in the trunk need to be sealed (small batteries are), so you'll have to buy a new battery either way
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exyia
forgot since I rarely think of Cobb haha. updated

another note to those wondering: if you want to avoid buying a small battey by relocating the battery to the trunk, you're out of luck. Batteries in the trunk need to be sealed (small batteries are), so you'll have to buy a new battery either way
From what I understand the stock Evo X battery made by Panasonic is not a sealed battery and just has a vent tube that vents outside the car. So in reality it is not necessary but it is recommended that you go with a sealed gel or agm style battery so you would not need a vent tube or special battery box... :-)
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:17 PM

From what I understand the stock Evo X battery made by Panasonic is not a sealed battery and just has a vent tube that vents outside the car. So in reality it is not necessary but it is recommended that you go with a sealed gel or agm style battery so you would not need a vent tube or special battery box... :-)
This is true, Most inside battery cars have a vent tube setup.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Thought I would share the completed engine bay look after moving my battery to the hatch

Old Aug 27, 2011, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

What about just a dry cell battery?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 01:06 PM

Can we use an aftermarket exhaust manifold, or does it have to be the stock evo x manifold? I'm seeing a bunch of aftermarket ones on ebay, and am tempted to pick one of them up rather than going OEM for the turbo swap.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xDarKnighTx
Can we use an aftermarket exhaust manifold, or does it have to be the stock evo x manifold? I'm seeing a bunch of aftermarket ones on ebay, and am tempted to pick one of them up rather than going OEM for the turbo swap.
Yes you can you an aftermarket just make sure it is a good one. Which one on ebay were you looking at as there is a lot of junk ones out there when I was looking.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:43 AM

Yes you can you an aftermarket just make sure it is a good one. Which one on ebay were you looking at as there is a lot of junk ones out there when I was looking.
That's a good question. what should I be looking for?

How are these xaviar ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...m=320543826801

or these synergy ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...m=180705983048

any others you recommend?

They're more expensive than the OEM ones, but if they're worth it, I don't mind the extra money.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Have a look at the ETS, MAPerformance and CBRD manis. I personally would go with a proven company than to take a chance on Ebay. I'm looking at doing a BBX Lite upgrade in the spring and I'll probably go with the MAP tubular mani, unless I can get a package deal for the BBX Lite and CBRD mani
The ETS is an actual equal-length runner mani, and therefore is probably the best. However, it's much more expensive than the MAP mani, and I don't think spending the extra cash will net me any gains because I'll be limiting torque to begin with.

- On a side note, MAP does build an equal length runner mani and it's priced around the same as the ETS unit.

Also, look into a cam angle heat shield if you're going to do a manifold upgrade. About $30.

Last edited by SudzRA; Sep 27, 2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:55 PM

Wow I'm glad I haven't done this swap yet sounds like this complete turbo list isn't complete. So the parts that are missing from this complete list are evo x plugs, a short ram, not sure if I'm reading right small bat? an evo maf is there anything else I'm glad yall are relocating batterys wiether dry cell or not but can we please get focused on what we need to complete this complete turbo list so it doesn't cost us more because of delays and so then we can say we have a complete turbo list
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

This thread needs to either get erased or updated because this is ridiculous. I need an updated complete list not some half done thread. Trying to do this evo x conversion with no problems. If someone has a real complete list can you just PM me? Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tiresomejunk
This thread needs to either get erased or updated because this is ridiculous. I need an updated complete list not some half done thread. Trying to do this evo x conversion with no problems. If someone has a real complete list can you just PM me? Thanks

The list is pretty complete depending on what mods you have already done.. I used this list for my swap and the only thing I really added was a small battery, turbo inlet pipe and MAF housing. Though I already upgraded my intercooler and stock evo x pipes. What other info do you need?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Wink

The list is pretty complete depending on what mods you have already done.. I used this list for my swap and the only thing I really added was a small battery, turbo inlet pipe and MAF housing. Though I already upgraded my intercooler and stock evo x pipes. What other info do you need?
Its not that. Its the fact that you have to dig through all the pages to find out what was missing from the first list which should have been updated. Would be easier for myself and some other ralliart owner who is interested in this conversion also to have this organized. Im not going to make a new thread with a new list because I havent personally done the conversion yet. So if someone who is usually on this site (Not forgetting about a stickied post and blowing people off with updates), has already done the conversion can make a new thread with the actually complete list would be helpful. Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:20 AM

what's this turbo inlet pipe you speak of? Isn't this already listed in the first post?

1542A042 Inlet elbow 61.08
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by xDarKnighTx
what's this turbo inlet pipe you speak of? Isn't this already listed in the first post?

1542A042 Inlet elbow 61.08
No, it's the part that connects the MAF housing to the inlet elbow. You can have one custom made, or go with a stock Evo intake (which will require the inlet pipe), or go with an aftermarket Evo intake (I went with the AMS SRI) which doesn't require it. If you go with an Evo intake then you will need to address the battery issue.

Also, you should get an Evo FMIC & UICP.

Here's a pic of my setup w/ the small battery

Name:  IMG-20110816-00200.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  78.5 KB

Last edited by erics01; Oct 17, 2011 at 06:50 PM.

Quick Reply: THE Complete Evo X turbo swap parts list!