Notices

Tim's Lancer Ralliart Tuned @ AWD Motorsports!!! 260whp / 279tq!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 06:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tim's Lancer Ralliart Tuned @ AWD Motorsports!!! 260whp / 279tq!!!!

Name:  DSC_1125.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  154.7 KB

Tim was waiting patiently for us during our move to our new 4 Bay location for the dyno to be installed.. Like many of us who are anxious to the mod the car he decided to visit another shop after having to wait several weeks for our dyno to be reinstalled..

Tim and I were going over how the car was running recently and he decided to bring it in and just see what the car is making on our dyno and how the tune looked.. He was told his car was on 22psi & making 279whp on the mustang dyno he was tuned on..

Well to his surprise we found the car making 245whp on our Industry Standard 424x Dynojet Dyno.. Clearly less than the supposed under rated Mustang Dyno.. We also found that he was on 26psi of boost not 22psi.. My 1st instinct was to ask if he had turned up the boost controller maybe.. He said he had not touched anything.. To my suprise when i looked under the hood we found no boost controller.. What we did find was a rigged up Vacuum line with an electrical connector stuffed in it to try to taper down the line size..

Here at AWD Motorsports this is not something we would suggest our customers to run on a brand new car long term.. Certainly not the proper way to raise the boost on such a quality brand new car..

Diiirk Quickly got to work installing the Proper Forge MBC so we can regulate the boost pressure safely...

Once Installed, Diiirk Worked his magic behind the keyboard tuning.. The ultimate results was what we expected.. More HP and Less Boost and a Safer A/f Ratio.. The car showed +15whp Peak and in the meat of the Power band as much as 20+whp..

Tim's Modlist
Ultimate Racing UICP
Drop In filter
Downpipe w/ Stock CAT and Exhaust
Forge BOV
Forge MBC
Tune by: Diiirk

Needless to say Tim was very happy with the outcome of the car.. He felt much better knowing the car was tuned safer, more reliably and made more power.. Any questions feel free to ask guys..

Mike

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Jan 30, 2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you tell us what mods Tim had on his car that helped get you those numbers?
I can see a different BOV, upper intercooler piping and a removed engine cover. I'm assuming there was a turbo back exhaust on there too?

thanks and well done with the results!
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Griffin5
Can you tell us what mods Tim had on his car that helped get you those numbers?
I can see a different BOV, upper intercooler piping and a removed engine cover. I'm assuming there was a turbo back exhaust on there too?

thanks and well done with the results!
Sorry, i updated the 1st post with the info.. Thanks!!

Mike
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice job with the tuning Diiirk.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:51 PM
Account Disabled

i can only imagine who has the over rating mustang dyno in florida.... HMMMMM

or which shop has a boost hose upgrade such as the one in this car HMMMM

i wonder which florida shop told him hes making 280 whp when he was really making in the 240's lollll HMMMMMMMM

thats a toughy for sure haha. but good work fixing his car up guys. Maybe ull have some more people from that mystery shop in FLORIDA come your way for a better experience.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Groundfades
i can only imagine who has the over rating mustang dyno in florida.... HMMMMM

or which shop has a boost hose upgrade such as the one in this car HMMMM

i wonder which florida shop told him hes making 280 whp when he was really making in the 240's lollll HMMMMMMMM

thats a toughy for sure haha. but good work fixing his car up guys. Maybe ull have some more people from that mystery shop in FLORIDA come your way for a better experience.
I wasn't aware anyone had this boost hose upgrade as a standard install.. Looked like a Rig.. As for the shop that did the install I will not mention as i would like to keep this thread clean and within the rules of the site..

Btw.. I didn't mention the shop being in FL.. Just stating what we found from another shop..
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:04 PM
Account Disabled

well he and you are both there, and a shop in florida who will remain nameless (LOL) does have a boost hose "upgrade" they boast about, a mustang dyno, and are notorious for having inflated numbers. Plus weve seen pictures of his car on their dyno if im not mistaken in a previous thread they made. A wise man once said when all things are considered equal, the easiest outcome is usually the right one. haha

But yes, on topic, the curve is alot nicer, especially from 5k up, i dont think he feels it fall flat at all there anymore. Additionally, bringing the boost down will be great in the long term for him and his car

Last edited by Groundfades; Jan 30, 2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:06 PM
Former Sponsor

well he and you are both there, and a shop in florida who will remain nameless (LOL) does have a boost hose "upgrade" they boast about, a mustang dyno, and are notorious for having inflated numbers. A wise man once said when all things are considered equal, the easiest outcome is usually the right one. haha

But yes, on topic, the curve is alot nicer, especially from 5k up, i dont think he feels it fall flat at all there anymore. Additionally, bringing the boost down will be great in the long term for him and his car
Again i wasnt aware that the "T" as we call it was a new upgrade for turbo cars.. I was adding that to POS cars i owned when i had no $$ for the proper parts..

Mike
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:19 PM
Account Disabled

the "" around upgrade were to denote my sarcasm over the mystery shop calling it an upgrade in the first place.

heres a direct quote from the thread on his previous tune at ***

"His Ralliart baselined with the new mods and uppper pipe a solid 252whp and by the time we got finished we had decided on a *** boost line which coupled with our custom dyno tuning achieved a solid 294wtq and 279whp!"

Last edited by Groundfades; Jan 30, 2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

great job with the tuning diiirk, Tim was very happy once he left with a great and reliable tune.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:04 PM

Special Thank you to Mike and his A++ Awesome Crew of guys...

Well to make a long story short I went for an 0il-change couple a days ago at local Tire Kingdom. After the Oil Change I notice the car was acting real sluggish and SES light came on. So the following day I took it back to Tire Kingdom to explain situation. They read the code on the car which turned to be a code that was explained as running to Lean. They couldn't figure out why. So I took it to dealership same thing waste of time. Later that day I got a call back from a friend that help me trouble shoot and it turned out to be the vacuum hose from the intake mainfold was off. The guy who did my oil change must of accidently brushed it out when he pull the dip stick out due to the heavy *** thick gloves he was wearing. So the car was acting better, but I was curious if my supposedly numbers were still somewhat around what I was told.

So I contacted Mike explained my situtation and he made the arrangments. He squeezed me in on a busy Saturday afternoon. Which I appreciate alot. I was shocked when the numbers were pulled off the car. My wife was with me when Mike explain what was going on with the car. She was upset & worried knowing the car was deemed tuned unsafe for long term use, due to we have a 4 year old in the back seat. I felt really bad that she had to hear that.

So Mike and his crew assured me they will fix the car and make it safe to drive and still make some power. Overall I was extremely impressed with Diiirk quick tuning abilities and more so on his super friendly personality, and his step by step explanations made my wife & I feel real comfortable. Overall AWD is more of what I was looking for in a performance shop.Not just for the quality of work and pride they take on their clients cars, but they kept it real, don't over fib the truth, their explainations are simplified, straight point without fluff on it, and the shop enviroment has a family oriented feel to it once you start talking to his friendly crew. Thanks Again AWD... My Wife and I greatly appreciate your services.

Oh...FYI the car runs alot better....Diiirk you Rock!!!

Last edited by Ralliart_2009; Jan 30, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ralliart_2009
Special Thank you to Mike and his A++ Awesome Crew of guys...

Well to make a long story short I went for an 0il-change couple a days ago at local Tire Kingdom. After the Oil Change I notice the car was acting real sluggish and SES light came on. So the following day I took it back to Tire Kingdom to explain situation. They read the code on the car which turned to be a code that was explained as running to Lean. They couldn't figure out why. So I took it to dealership same thing waste of time. Later that day I got a call back from a friend that help me trouble shoot and it turned out to be the vacuum hose from the intake mainfold was off. The guy who did my oil change must of accidently brushed it out when he pull the dip stick out due to the heavy *** thick gloves he was wearing. So the car was acting better, but I was curious if my supposedly numbers were still somewhat around what I was told.

So I contacted Mike explained my situtation and he made the arrangments. He squeezed me in on a busy Saturday afternoon. Which I appreciate alot. I was shocked when the numbers were pulled off the car. My wife was with me when Mike explain what was going on with the car. She was upset & worried knowing the car was deemed tuned unsafe for long term use, due to we have a 4 year old in the back seat. I felt really bad that she had to hear that.

So Mike and he crew assured me they will fix the car and make it safe to drive and still make some power. Overall I was extremely impressed with Diiirk quick tuning abilities and more so on his super friendly personality, and his step by step explanations made my wife & I feel real comfortable. Overall AWD is more of what I was looking for in a performance shop.Not just for the quality of work and pride they take on their clients cars, but they kept it real, don't over fib the truth, their explainations are in simplified, straight point without fluff on it, and the shop enviroment has a family oriented feel to it once you start talking to his friendly crew. Thanks Again AWD... My Wife and I greatly appreciate your services.

Oh...FYI the car runs alot better....Diiirk you Rock!!!
Nicely said bro. The truth is slowly coming out, and this is a perfect example of the gap between some of the shops on here from good to poor.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:26 PM

Nicely said bro. The truth is slowly coming out, and this is a perfect example of the gap between some of the shops on here from good to poor.

Thank You...One key small thing I did noticed too during my time there... Mike came around about 4 times to check up on things and how his crew was taking care of my situation. That goes along way with me personally...shows customers that spend a couple of hundred compared to customers that spend a few thousand all get treated the same.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ralliart_2009
Thank You...One key small thing I did noticed too during my time there... Mike came around about 4 times to check up on things and how his crew was taking care of my situation. That goes along way with me personally...shows customers that spend a couple of hundred compared to customers that spend a few thousand all get treated the same.
Thanks for all the kind words.. I guess i do certain things without thinking.. I know my crew has a handle on just about any job but always like to peek in and make sure its going smooth.. and yes your correct whether here for a tune and boost controller or a fully built car like the 4 or 5 you saw at the shop today i try my best to make sure everyone is treated equally.. This is my livelihood as you know but its also my favorite hobby.. If you come back with a smile ear to ear i know my job was done right.. Thanks again.. Ill be in touch during the week on those other upgrades!!!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:32 AM

wow nice job guys, im pretty convinced to go the MBC route.

Quick Reply: Tim's Lancer Ralliart Tuned @ AWD Motorsports!!! 260whp / 279tq!!!!