Notices

Genuine Ralliart muffler

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RADriver
Come on marco ra you know need a cat back... It's time to nut up or shut up!

Take one for the team wouldya

haha

I rang today and WILL be getting a cat back exhaust! Screw the dealers! non ralliart cat back! Bring it on!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by marco ra
haha

I rang today and WILL be getting a cat back exhaust! Screw the dealers! non ralliart cat back! Bring it on!
Congrats mate. Wish you were in Sydney so I could meet up with you and hear the result.

Post many many pics and sound clips when installed.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Buy a nice full TBE, or even catback, and swap it back to stock when you need to take it into the dealer. You can do this in a few hours at most in your driveway. It's a very simple bolt-on/bolt-off system.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:19 AM

I called my dealership and told them what I was doing (UR catback system), they told me it would not void the warranty in any way.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by hanz17
I called my dealership and told them what I was doing (UR catback system), they told me it would not void the warranty in any way.

Fair enough but lets see what they say when your sst blows and you go back there!

It will sound somthing like this,

"He said what? who said that? I dont think so mate WARRANTY VOIDED"
Old Feb 26, 2010, 09:14 PM

tried searching, but no info

does anyone know whats the internal contruction of the ralliart muffler? is it straight-thru?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 09:36 PM
Account Disabled

Fair enough but lets see what they say when your sst blows and you go back there!

It will sound somthing like this,

"He said what? who said that? I dont think so mate WARRANTY VOIDED"

no they wont. Why you think for a second that the hundreds of us on here and mistaken and have been for the year plus most of us have been here is simply silly.

Stop being a fear monger, they cannot void the warranty without legally proving the issue was caused by a part. There is no ****INGGG way that a cat back turbo back or a rocket booster would cause the sst to fail, or the motor which has been shown to hold 500+ hp.

Just stop, were all glad your getting the exhaust and think its a rebellious thing to do, but trying to spread this outlandish idea needs to stop.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

^ lol fear monger is going a bit far lol.. But i do agree with most of what you said............... for once
Old Feb 27, 2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by secondchace
no they wont. Why you think for a second that the hundreds of us on here and mistaken and have been for the year plus most of us have been here is simply silly.

Stop being a fear monger, they cannot void the warranty without legally proving the issue was caused by a part. There is no ****INGGG way that a cat back turbo back or a rocket booster would cause the sst to fail, or the motor which has been shown to hold 500+ hp.

Just stop, were all glad your getting the exhaust and think its a rebellious thing to do, but trying to spread this outlandish idea needs to stop.

Ok give me proof that somone has gone in with a car that has been modified and the warranty claim has been paid.

I have spoke directly to Mitsubishi and they said that by modifying your exhaust you increase power to the engine and that in turn can be blamed for sst failure or engine failure.
I wish You where right and I was wrong believe me. Its bulls%$t that dealers say to guys exhausts mod chips intakes are ok with warranty beacuse they are NOT
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

i think you should keep your car stock if you're scared of all this warranty stuff
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

^ exactly.. if you're so worried about voiding the warranty then don't mod your car at all.. be happy with what you have and live stress free.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:07 PM
Account Disabled

Ok give me proof that somone has gone in with a car that has been modified and the warranty claim has been paid.

I have spoke directly to Mitsubishi and they said that by modifying your exhaust you increase power to the engine and that in turn can be blamed for sst failure or engine failure.
I wish You where right and I was wrong believe me. Its bulls%$t that dealers say to guys exhausts mod chips intakes are ok with warranty beacuse they are NOT

i went in and got my tsb's done without issue, further more, i buy all of my stuff THROUGH MY DEALERSHIP.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:09 PM
Account Disabled

they are as i have seen evos with cobb stage 2, intake and other bolt ons have warrenty work done on the tranny or suspension or otherwise. Its a false negative in you thinking the way you do. Of course some pencil nancy that works at a call center is gonna tell you to be oh so very afraid of modding, its their job. but at the end of the day, its all here say. My car is still wonderfully covered under the warranty with mitsu. I have mos bolt ons and a tune, with zero issues.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

They do not need to prove that the part caused the issue, they merely need to provide a logical argument that it could have caused the issue, there is a difference. Moreover, they could deny warranty on some areas under the idea that the car, in it's current condition, is not the same as the car they agreed to warranty. A TBE can easily cause engine issues. You can have boost/tune issues.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
i went in and got my tsb's done without issue, further more, i buy all of my stuff THROUGH MY DEALERSHIP.
they are as i have seen evos with cobb stage 2, intake and other bolt ons have warrenty work done on the tranny or suspension or otherwise. Its a false negative in you thinking the way you do. Of course some pencil nancy that works at a call center is gonna tell you to be oh so very afraid of modding, its their job. but at the end of the day, its all here say. My car is still wonderfully covered under the warranty with mitsu. I have mos bolt ons and a tune, with zero issues.
TSBs are different, in many cases they're legally required to fix those regardless of the condition of the vehicle.
Do you by chance go to Hyatt Mitsubishi in Calgary? Even when i had my Lancer they were quite mod friendly. However, this is an individual case and by no means represents every dealership out there. Hyatt could easily just say no one day and there's effectively nothing you can do about it.

Quick Reply: Genuine Ralliart muffler