Notices

ralliart transmission might be faulty

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by elmerfud54
The front gasket on my trans has a slow leak. Only 6000miles. This is bull. Anybody have part numbers for the trans parts
That should be covered under warranty right? Why not take it to the dealership and let them fix it for free?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Slee256
That should be covered under warranty right? Why not take it to the dealership and let them fix it for free?
I discovered a bad transmission seal after only 1,000 miles or so. Fixed under warranty.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where r u guys seeing these faulty gaskets? I want to check them out...
Last weekend I drained the tranny and cooler, spliced in SSP in-line filter. Had a leak, but that was my own damn fault (didn't tighten enough around the new filter) everything is just peachy now
Old Feb 19, 2011, 02:55 AM
Evolving Member

i noticed some fluid on the plastics the first time i went to change the oil but thought maybe it was from a puddle from one of the hunk a junks leaking god knows what out of it at work. yesterday when i went to pick my car up from getting the xswap i was told the news that he saw a very small leakage permeating through the gasket. there arent even any dash codes coming up for service its so small. did any of you guys have mods on it though when you brought it in for service? i believe he ssaid it was on the very front side of the transmission
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sstevojr
Where r u guys seeing these faulty gaskets? I want to check them out...
Last weekend I drained the tranny and cooler, spliced in SSP in-line filter. Had a leak, but that was my own damn fault (didn't tighten enough around the new filter) everything is just peachy now
I had a bad "end shaft" seal between the engine and the transmission. Here's the thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...rung-leak.html
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
there was actually a bulletin about small pan leaks or something of that sort. i'll try and find it...
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone with light mods say a gst flash or ams or cobb maps have the sst loose 1,3,5, or 2,4,6, gears? I feel like most people are stock or have an xswap.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 02:33 PM

Yeah i get the same prob
but only driving very slow in 1st gear..... like really slow ...
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gaabbee
Has anyone with light mods say a gst flash or ams or cobb maps have the sst loose 1,3,5, or 2,4,6, gears? I feel like most people are stock or have an xswap.

When my tranny started doing the gear dropping thing, mods were GST Flash (v2), and Evo X FMIC/LICP/UICP. Otherwise stock.

I'm at 43,000km now and the car has no issues with the tranny so far. Tranny now has 17,000km or something on it.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:22 AM

I have an occasional jerk from a dead stop before the tranny shifts from 1st to 2nd gear. Only at medium throttle. With light or heavy throttle and there is no jerk.

My mileage is 32,000km.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 06:44 PM

well when i launch (hold brake and tap gas) once i let go of the brake it revs to redline and then goes, before my gst flash it didint do that...
Old Mar 10, 2011, 02:51 PM

This will probably be my first and only post here. I have an 09 ralliart with 50,000 miles on it. I have had all of the problems described on this board. The shifting would be hard. Sometimes i would start the car in the morning and put it in reverse only to sit there and wait for the blinking R to stop, sometimes it wouldnt. If i was stopped at a hill it sometimes would struggle in low gears to get going, the car would shake and shutter. Then the lose of the even gears started.... The first time it happened i was on the highway in 6th and it dropped down to 5th. I couldnt get back into 6th, i could only paddle shift down to 3 or 1. Sitting on the side of the highway i turned the car off and started it back up, all my gears were back. This same thing happened to me 2 other times in the past few weeks. On top of that the tranny just flat out sounded bad.

So, i drop the car off last night and i get the call today, new transmission needed. It is covered under the manufact. warranty thank god. $13,000 transmission! I never touched the car and havnt ever really tried pushing it beyond its limits. It is obvious that some of the 09's had bad transmissions. If you have any of these problems, get the thing checked out.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Bump.

Any updates on this?

I have had the dead stop jerk for 6 months and about 5000km now. Dealer says they can't do anything for me, as the fluid and filter has already been changed. No skipped gears or error codes, so they won't replace it
Old Jul 22, 2011, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Yup, same with me. The dealer won't touch your tranny unless it's fcked. I was told by the GM of a dealer that i should drive the **** out of my car and see if it fcks up.
Oh and i've went to 4 different dealerships too.

So as long as you have it recorded in your records that you've been to the dealership for tranny issues; if something fcks up after your warranty is over. The warranty still stands.
"From what i was told"

I will honestly never buy a mitsu again. Ever.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Unfortunately that sounds very much like what I've been through. 3 dealers later, still a jerky tranny and no real solution to the issue. They have the paper trail of how many times I've gone in to have this looked at, so that part is taken care of.

Good thing I purchased an extended warranty that covers the engine and tranny for 5 more years from now

+1 on not buying a Mitsubishi in the future. Unless somehow Mitsu makes this ownership much better than it has been thus far, my next ride might be a Scooby.

Quick Reply: ralliart transmission might be faulty