Notices

Info: Modding your RA!

Old Jan 3, 2012, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for posting this! Helps me have a game plan for my mods!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

np, glad people are actually reading stickies and finding this useful

I have enough free time at work to add to this, but I'm out of ideas as to what. always open to suggestions to answer other FAQs
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:43 PM

Access port for 2011 lancer ralliart

Hey guys im looking to purchase an access port here soon but i dont really know to much about it other than it changes things within the factory ecu, but neways i found an access port from cobb racing and it says ralliarts have gained 240hp 280 tq now once u plug it in the car do you get that power instantly?? Or is there alot more to it? Please reply and let me know thank you.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Hey there!

Since i bought this RA a few months ago and being my first turbo vehicle, finding this thread right when i bought it helped me out a bunch. Gave me a more in depth idea of what was going on in my car. And did give me the info i needed to know on what i wanted to buy =) This is a great thread! Thanks to the OP for the great info and know how to get started, again it helped me alot a few months ago.

As for new ideas, im sure this has been done somewhere or unsure if you have done anything with it exyia, but my next concern is safety. More specifically, Wideband, Boost, AFR, temps gauges and such. Where do we put lines and sensors? Id like to tackle this myself as i always try to do anything i can, but it is kind of daunting not knowing where to run the lines, or even put in the sensors for different gauges. Ripping apart my dash if need be and possibly getting stuck, would suck, And again then id like to know Safe numbers for said gauges.

Just an idea though.

Jon

Last edited by OverCorrupt; Feb 10, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Boost Gauge Install

Wideband Install
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by omegis
Thank you good sir!

I had seen the WB thread but not the boost thread. Was just mentioning to exyia as he sounded bored and wanted to do more In no way was i in here trying to thread jack for my own benefit, just letting him know what my next plans were so maybe he could come up with a good idea for the next write up.

Last edited by OverCorrupt; Feb 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OverCorrupt
Thank you good sir!

I had seen the WB thread but not the boost thread. Was just mentioning to exyia as he sounded bored and wanted to do more In no way was i in here trying to thread jack for my own benefit, just letting him know what my next plans were so maybe he could come up with a good idea for the next write up.
omegis beat me to it

those guides are great. boost is easy enough to do yourself - wideband I just have my tuner do so I don't have to mess with the off-chance that the sensor/gauge might not be calibrated or some other oddity.

your tuner will read off your wideband gauge, since there isn't one stock. this makes the wideband install crucial, so I'd rather let the tuner that will be tuning my car do it so he's comfortable with his resources.

boost however is just a reference. a tuner will read boost from the ECU, so the gauge is just a fancy needle to look at, and a simple way to detect overboost without having to have a datalogging laptop constantly connected

unless you're cool like me!
Name:  ca944989.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  94.2 KB

I'm glad you found the guide useful! and always open to questions or ideas for expansion. I would add a turbo swap section, but despite my efforts, most people still disagree with me on turbo swaps (RAD vs X) and would probably just incite more endless debate.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The debate is healthy and proactive, it's the arguments that are counterproductive. If you were to do a turbo swap walkthrough/faq for an X frame turbo, that would work for both types. Once turbo is removed, just insert "install RAD in reverse order" at that point and "continue on to step 'x' " for the X swap guys.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
The debate is healthy and proactive, it's the arguments that are counterproductive. If you were to do a turbo swap walkthrough/faq for an X frame turbo, that would work for both types. Once turbo is removed, just insert "install RAD in reverse order" at that point and "continue on to step 'x' " for the X swap guys.
agree - the endless debate between the two is still good, but doesn't feel proper in a sticky like this
Old Feb 19, 2012, 08:16 PM

I've got a stupid question, I think it was covered but I just wants to make sure.

I just got my RA and I want to change to either a cold or Ram air intake kit. I was told it would improve the HP by 16-18 at 6000rpm.
My question is would the change damage the engine?

Next I am intending the change the turbo, and I read it would be able to push the HP to roughly 300. Would i need to change the exhaust at the same time ?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:04 AM

A good step to show new RA owners

I have yet to see a descent section that talks about changing the boost levels on the stock turbo RA. I have a fair amount of mods currently and I'm stuck right now with my boost pill. I don't know whether to get new adjustable boost solenoids or a EBC (electronic boost controller). I know I have to tune my ecu before I run the pill but I have absolutely no idea how to reflash an ecu. It's not a computer with windows on it lol. Any suggestions?

Currently running:
Injen short ram intake
Hks racing single valve bov (vented)
Breather
New custom 3" exhaust with stock downpipe
Sub frame 4 point ladder brace
Strut bar by gtspec
Steel braided brake lines

Parts comming soon:
New uicp set
Licp set
Install harness for turbo timer.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

read the gst base map thread in the "09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain" section. The thread is near the top in the stickie threads area
Old May 10, 2012, 08:01 PM

Nice job. I just got a ralliart, so you if I were to get a new intercooler setup, you WOULD recommend a tune? I just don't want to possibly void my warranty. And what's the downside of not getting a tune with these mods?
Old May 11, 2012, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

i would not recommend a tune for an FMIC swap.
Old May 11, 2012, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by madrimer
Nice job. I just got a ralliart, so you if I were to get a new intercooler setup, you WOULD recommend a tune? I just don't want to possibly void my warranty. And what's the downside of not getting a tune with these mods?
a FMIC upgrade is more about heat control (and gaining back a few psi that was lost from heat-soak - so a tune is not necessary

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Info: Modding your RA!