Notices

Boostpill Base Map users - check your boost levels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TimeStorm
I have made adjustments to those tables and attached a picture of the RPM vs Boost vs Boost Target graph and the horsepower torque graph. Does this look good? It drops off later than the boost target, should I be concerned about that?

Are there any other tables in the ROM that I could begin editing to increase the performance?

Thanks!
Derik
Hi Derik.

Yeah, that's definitely moving in the right direction. Your initial peak is within 0.5psi of target. Of course, that's just the "initial peak" when you went WOT at the particular rpm point. Try out going WOT at 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, etc. and see how each one peaks. If they all peak less than 0.5psi under target, your boost control will really start to come together nicely. If one or two go over-target, reduce BWGDC a bit right there.

Your boost line is a tiny bit zig-zag because it's going over-target, then being pulled under by the error correction system. You'll probably find that wobble will disappear once you get all your peak-test results consistent.

It can be a little annoying if one type of test returns different results due to changing conditions (eg. intake air temp)... but generally you can spot if one area of the BWGDC curve is a little high or low after running tests every which way.

Rich
Old May 23, 2012, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Updated first post with "Boost Target" address for 2012 USDM Ralliart (58030005).

We're on the cusp of having a set of Base Maps for this 2012 ROM, so it seemed appropriate.

Rich
Old Jun 9, 2012, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow this is loads of information. Living in Oz thinking of getting Merlin himself to tune my car.

One question though. I'm not going to go the boost pill option as want to be as stock as possible however once tuned is it a one off thing or do you need to constantly be checking the tube and fine tuning. Or is it a one off tune and enjoy and forget scenario??

I'm hoping for tune enjoy and forget scenario
Old Jun 9, 2012, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Hiya.

Staying with stock boostpill means having very little in the way of tunable boost control. Even with your duty cycle tables maxed out to 100%, you'll be limited by the stock mechanism.

As far as "fire and forget" is concerned, if you get it professionally tuned by someone good, and tell them you want a safe tune that doesn't need monitoring, you should be fine. That's all down to the tuner.

Good luck!

Rich
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:42 AM

Hi,

I do standalone logging only (far too tight to spend the $40 for a decent new laptop battery ) and tried to add 'BoostTarget' in as an item to log, after PSIG, as follows

paraname=BoostTarget
paramid=0x808b99
scalingrpn=x,0.19347,*

Threw up an unrecognised paraname error. Am I missing the point here of this, or is this something only Evoscan can log? Or is my syntax incorrect somewhere? Tried mucking around with caps/no caps but with no joy

Any pointers gratefully received - logging is working really well otherwise, thanks Rich

Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

It's paramname, not paraname.

Rich
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:05 AM

Sometimes the devil is in the detail.....

Thanks