Notices

twin scroll turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twin scroll turbo?

was curious if anyone knew if a twin scroll turbo that shares the same dimensions as the stock ralliart turbo. I was thinking about doing the EVO X swap but I think a twin scroll with the same dimensions as stock would be better suited for what I am trying to do. anyone have any suggestions? and what are the OEM dimensions? so I have something to compare it to, haven't had much luck finding them. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

even if you did, you would have to change the manifold so might as well do the x swap

unless you decide to go the cbrd rad turbo upgrade instead - basically just have to swap the turbs over
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

its a td04...not much out there. Hyundai is using a twin scroll td04 in the genesis coupe and sonata platform but the turbo is integrated into the exhaust manifold so you would need to swap the manifold over anyway. The easy upgrade is the cbrd which uses the stock turbo frame and upgrades the wheels and ect. The stock unit is a TD04HL-15T-7, Compressor Inducer 42mm, Exducer 56mm Turbine Inducer 52mm, Exducer 45.6mm
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

CBRD Rad Lite is a great option. I'm very happy with mine!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'd be better off going with the Evo X Turbo swap. You can piece together a full kit for about the price of a Rad Lite and with the rad lite you'll still be on the TD04 platform of turbos. The only thing I know of that really runs TD04's is the 1990-1996 300ZX's and the 3kGT VR4's. Even those guys get over the TD04 pretty quickly. Jumping to the Evo X TD05 will greatly increase your expandability.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by deprydation
You'd be better off going with the Evo X Turbo swap. You can piece together a full kit for about the price of a Rad Lite and with the rad lite you'll still be on the TD04 platform of turbos. The only thing I know of that really runs TD04's is the 1990-1996 300ZX's and the 3kGT VR4's. Even those guys get over the TD04 pretty quickly. Jumping to the Evo X TD05 will greatly increase your expandability.
looks like that's what i'm gonna end up doing. after much research and embarrassment on the Genesis Coupe forums it'd be easier and a lot less heartache to go with the TD05, tried to be unique...
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by NFHrally
was curious if anyone knew if a twin scroll turbo that shares the same dimensions as the stock ralliart turbo. I was thinking about doing the EVO X swap but I think a twin scroll with the same dimensions as stock would be better suited for what I am trying to do. anyone have any suggestions? and what are the OEM dimensions? so I have something to compare it to, haven't had much luck finding them. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

You need check this out.. scared the **** out of me..... XD
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...n/DSCN3243.jpg

Stock RA turbo,manifold VS Stock EVO turbo,manifold......
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Or just pickup the AGP Evox turbo kit and have a t3. All the stuff you need is there. Downpipe, manifold, lines, etc. Not a thing else you need, no piecing together, no used evox stuff, and it's not that much more. And talk about expand-ability, pick a T3 turbo...
Old Apr 28, 2013, 02:08 PM

I got the injen CAI that goes behind the trans cooler but I want to upgraded my turbo to an evo turbo and a bigger intercooler. Will my CAI and my intercooler piping still be compatible?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EyeDreamt
Or just pickup the AGP Evox turbo kit and have a t3. All the stuff you need is there. Downpipe, manifold, lines, etc. Not a thing else you need, no piecing together, no used evox stuff, and it's not that much more. And talk about expand-ability, pick a T3 turbo...
I would've done the same kit instead of my evo x one. My only issue was price. I needed to keep it low cost for everything. $1200 Parts and tune. Finding the entire stock evo x turbo/downpipe,o2 housing, and manifold for $500. Then the tune was $500 and $200 for all new outlet, coolant/oil lines, and gaskets.

The labor is all the same whether you swap turbos or install a new turbo kit. After 3k miles on my evo x turbo 310whp/340ftlb, I feel that I should've just went bigger...
The extra power did not offset all the pain of installing the turbo!! LOL.

Plus, that PT6266 turbo works good with the SST trans. Lower torque and big horsepower.